• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

:: Ask Ivy ::

In your profile you mention being a gamer. What are your favorite games? What do you most dislike about gaming culture or the gaming industry?

Zulehan
I'd have to say my favorite games are Pokemon (especially X/Y, Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, and Leaf Green/Fire Red), Final Fantasy X (best story ever!), Bioshock Infinite (man that storyline had me bawling), and Animal Crossing (of course!).

I dislike the reputation gamers get. I have been told gaming is a waste of time and that the games I play at my age (20) show my maturity. It's pretty bad for anyone to even think that because we enjoy a few hours or more playing video games that we don't have other priorities. Gaming is better than TV IMO. At least with gaming you interact. As for the maturity comment I got-- well, I really don't know what to say there. Just because you swing on a swing in the park at my age doesn't mean I'm immature so why does playing Animal Crossing make me any different?

As for the gaming industry, I am upset with the new DLC fad. Don't get me wrong, some games pull it off marvelously! Some, however, throw new games out there half-made and expect their players to buy the DLC /cough/ GTAV /cough/. It's becoming more about money and not the gaming experience. Also, the stores for gaming are crap. Can we bring back a store that actually cared about gamers and throw out Gamestop and their phone/ipod focus? They sold me a game before (Alice: Madness Returns) and the new version has a special paper for the DLC. I got the game (which was not new) without the paper in the box and the disk was scratched. I made 'em go through hell to find me the DLC code. Never trust a new sticker from Gamestop. x.x

Thanks for the detailed reply.

Do you also have a negative opinion of this pre-order culture in the video game industry? And have you heard of Jim Sterling?

I don't view the pre-order option as a bad thing. You are told exactly what you're going to get and you take your own risks with a new game. I pre-ordered Bioshock infinite and couldn't be happier but on the other hand I pre-ordered Black Ops 2 and am very unhappy with my decision. They released the pre-order only DLC to the public virtually scamming their whole pre-order audience.

No I haven't until now. C:

Edit: Just to add onto the pre-order question, I think if anything they're a bonus! Like for example Pokemon X/Y gave out things for everyone who pre-ordered. You know us gamers, we were going to buy it off the shelves the first day it was released anyways. I see it as we're spending what we would have and are getting bonuses for doing so. C: Some pre-orders have special editions (like Bioshock Infinite) which you have to pay more for but they're worth it if you're a true fan of the franchise.

Last edited:
Do you have a favorite set of headphones?

As Mayor Ivy, are you also part of an Ivy League school?

What is it about your town that makes Drago love it so much?

Has Shari shown up yet?

My favorite headphones are my turtle beaches (x12)-- but I need to get a new pair. C:

I am not, sadly. My pixellated mayor brain can't handle it. :C IRL I am on my third year of college though...so there's that. :D

Pfft, I'd like to say he stays because of me but Drago stays mostly because Bianca can cook some mean sushi. He loves the free food...plus I promised to open a sushi shop on main street in the future. x.x

Shari has, yes. C: She's in perfect alignment with Julian's house too. I put yellow and while flowers at the side of her house. It's a shame I'm not keeping her.

Seems you're confident about getting Mira yet. You've gotten to meet her in another town?

How are you liking this forum so far? Active at any other ACNL forums?

Yepp, my friend had her it turns out. She wants to keep her but she let me talk to her for a bit. C:

I think this forum is the best out there. x3 I haven't found a more organized and fun community to be around. C:

Edit: I wouldn't say I'm active in it but I lurk around in ACC every few days or so.

Last edited:
Back