• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

So, amiibo cards are random and there's no bundle that just contains one of each or specific ones?

So with the dream address purging, does that mean all the visit counts to your DA have also been erased? I hadn't checked mine in a while, and after updating my DA, it does seem like everything's gone, but I just wanted to make sure :(

So, amiibo cards are random and there's no bundle that just contains one of each or specific ones?

Unfortunately no. You have to collect them the "traditional" way and the double / triple cards can be traded with other people. I believe there is a thread somewhere here on the forums where you can trade cards.

So with the dream address purging, does that mean all the visit counts to your DA have also been erased? I hadn't checked mine in a while, and after updating my DA, it does seem like everything's gone, but I just wanted to make sure :(

Well in my point of view that dreamcode still exist in the dream world (not sure) but you won't know because of the update and well you. Need to make a new dreamcode

Well in my point of view that dreamcode still exist in the dream world (not sure) but you won't know because of the update and well you. Need to make a new dreamcode

Yeah I know you do. But my question is about the visit counts Luna typically gives you every time you update. Something like your dream address has been visited 100 times. I just wanted to know if those were wiped out as well.

Yeah I know you do. But my question is about the visit counts Luna typically gives you every time you update. Something like your dream address has been visited 100 times. I just wanted to know if those were wiped out as well.

i think they were wiped out too.

I feel like this has probably been asked/answered a billion times, but is the villager cycle thing done with this update? Can you use a card to move somebody back in without having to cycle through the whole 16? Surely somebody has already tried it.

Asking just to know, really, because if I was going to move anybody in, it would be one of the new wolves!

I feel like this has probably been asked/answered a billion times, but is the villager cycle thing done with this update? Can you use a card to move somebody back in without having to cycle through the whole 16? Surely somebody has already tried it.

Asking just to know, really, because if I was going to move anybody in, it would be one of the new wolves!
Yes, you can move them back in without having to cycle :)

I suggest buying them off of eBay if you want specific ones. They go for pretty cheap usually.

Before the update I know if a villager pinged you and you told them not to move, then saved, and quit playing no other villagers would ping you until you played the game again. I used this to basically take long breaks from the game but still keep my villagers. Does this still hold true after the update?

Sorry if this is a noobish question, I just couldn't find the answer anywhere else. Thanks!

This has probably been asked a lot, but there seems to be a lot of confusion and no definite answer. Can villagers received from special amiibo be adopted by someone else once they move out? Has anyone tried this beforehand with less than 10 neighbors? If no one has, I'd be willing to test it out with someone.

Right, so, I asked this in the amiibo update thread yesterday but it went unanswered and got buried by other discussion. I'm hoping someone can clear this up for me.

My preferred playstyle involves time travel. My towns are all set to different months in different years. What I'm wondering is whether the update forces your in-game clock to the current date? That is the impression I'm getting, but figured I may as well get confirmation. Say one game is set in October of 2014 and I play it the same day before I update. Is it going to thrust me two years into the future, or are people just having issues from having taken long hiatuses and returning?

This has probably been asked a lot, but there seems to be a lot of confusion and no definite answer. Can villagers received from special amiibo be adopted by someone else once they move out? Has anyone tried this beforehand with less than 10 neighbors? If no one has, I'd be willing to test it out with someone.

As far as I can tell, special villagers can't be adopted. The closest I think you'll get is if someone lets you 'borrow' the Amiibo to adopt them yourself.

Right, so, I asked this in the amiibo update thread yesterday but it went unanswered and got buried by other discussion. I'm hoping someone can clear this up for me.

My preferred playstyle involves time travel. My towns are all set to different months in different years. What I'm wondering is whether the update forces your in-game clock to the current date? That is the impression I'm getting, but figured I may as well get confirmation. Say one game is set in October of 2014 and I play it the same day before I update. Is it going to thrust me two years into the future, or are people just having issues from having taken long hiatuses and returning?

It forces you to play at the date your town is in. Let's say the last time you played was three days ago, and it was October 4th then. Since you haven't played it would be October 7th now, and the update will force your game to play at October 7th, without even asking you if you want to change the time. If you want to end up on the date you last played, either play before you update and set your date there, or use the system clock to get there. Though if you have multiple towns, the latter would be pretty hard.

- - - Post Merge - - -

As far as I can tell, special villagers can't be adopted. The closest I think you'll get is if someone lets you 'borrow' the Amiibo to adopt them yourself.

Well that's nice.... -_- Thanks for your answer!

I need to find a yellow perch, several sites say it's quite common, but I've fished a lot today with no luck, even different sizes of shadows, any tips?

I need to find a yellow perch, several sites say it's quite common, but I've fished a lot today with no luck, even different sizes of shadows, any tips?

I would just keep fishing in the river since that's where they spawn. They are a medium size, so scare off anything that's obviously too small. I also don't think they're affected by time of day so I'm sure you'll catch one soon. Good luck!

Asking for a friend: She wants to know if she buys the Hello Kitty Japan Amiibo cards, if she can get the villagers to move into her town. Her 3ds is an NA one. I told her that i didn't think it would be possible because wouldn't the name be in Japanese? Or some kind of data conflict?

Asking for a friend: She wants to know if she buys the Hello Kitty Japan Amiibo cards, if she can get the villagers to move into her town. Her 3ds is an NA one. I told her that i didn't think it would be possible because wouldn't the name be in Japanese? Or some kind of data conflict?

Pretty sure you can, since you can use the Japanese exclusive Monster Hunter amiibo to get Felyne in any region.

Just asking because I haven't come across it yet. Can you get both the Wii U and 3ds from fortune cookies, or just one? I got the Wii U from a fortune cookie, and was wondering if eventually the 3ds will be one too, or if it's expected of you to get one of them from an amiibo RV and the other is available through fortune cookies.
Basically, if I keep buying fortune cookies, will I eventually get both a Wii U and a 3ds?

Back