• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

question: do the bugs and fish caught on island tours count toward the bug and fish catching badge? i want to know if i can kill two birds with one stone by earning medals and catching bugs/fish for the badge.

Yes, they do.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Will my other 2 characters have time to get the complete Creepy set from Jack tomorrow or do i have to visit someone's else's town?And what time does Halloween end again?Because last year i wasn't paying attention.

Halloween starts at 6PM and ends at midnight.
I don't know if your other characters will have time to get the set (it depends how you plan everything out) but I do know that your alternate characters are able to get the set.

Thank you DiancieRose because last year when it was just me i was able to get the complete Creepy set from Jack so this is going to be interesting with 2 additionals lol but i do have all the masks/candy for them so wish me luck.

i'm confused about the amiibo update...i know it's available for other regions, but i heard north america (whre i live) is getting it a month later. but i feel like everyone has it? what's going on? is the update available for the us now?

(btw i won't have access to my 3ds for a little while so i can't check to see if i can download it right now)

Last edited:
i'm confused about the amiibo update...i know it's available for other regions, but i heard north america (whre i live) is getting it a month later. but i feel like everyone has it? what's going on? is the update available for the us now?

(btw i won't have access to my 3ds for a little while so i can't check to see if i can download it right now)

The update is available for everyone. You can download it for free in the Nintendo E-Shop :)

So the notes for the update say

• Decorating Is Easier Than Ever!: Animal Crossing: New Leaf – Welcome amiibo lets players customise their homes by moving around their furniture and items using the touch screen. Making setting up a perfectly styled room easier than ever.

But how do you enable this mode? I can't figure out how to make it let me move things around via the touch screen. :(

Edit: I figured it out! You have to get the Storage Locker upgrade from Nook and when you visit him the next day you get that ability. :)

Last edited:
Uh, this is gonna sound really stupid, but how do I scan an ambiio card? Like do I just talk to that hippie guy and hold it up to the camera? I have heard of some 'reader' thing, do I have to buy that to scan cards?

Uh, this is gonna sound really stupid, but how do I scan an ambiio card? Like do I just talk to that hippie guy and hold it up to the camera? I have heard of some 'reader' thing, do I have to buy that to scan cards?

^ I would like to know this too xD

It depends. If you have the New Nintendo 3ds, the scan reader is incorporated into your screen, the NFC reader is not needed. But if you have the older version of the 3ds, you will need the NFC reader.

Are the amiibo cards the same everywhere?

Like, if I have an european 3ds but buy some japanese/usa cards by accident. Do they work too?

I have 9 villagers. Can a 10th villager move in to my town randomly or must I invite them to come here?

I am planning to keep my 10th villager spot open for a future date and I don't want anyone random moving in.
Any help would be great!

Thanks.

I have 9 villagers. Can a 10th villager move in to my town randomly or must I invite them to come here?

I am planning to keep my 10th villager spot open for a future date and I don't want anyone random moving in.
Any help would be great!

Thanks.

Only through Streetpass or if you visit someone's town and they have a villager that is moving out/just moved out.

Ok, heard a bit of new information and I'm unsure of the specifics, and I'm pretty doubtful that many people know yet, but I'll still ask anyhow: if you use a special amiibo such as a LoZ one or the Villager, will you be able to use them again to get their RVs in the same game? I'm worried in case you can't.

Ok, heard a bit of new information and I'm unsure of the specifics, and I'm pretty doubtful that many people know yet, but I'll still ask anyhow: if you use a special amiibo such as a LoZ one or the Villager, will you be able to use them again to get their RVs in the same game? I'm worried in case you can't.

you can invite them everyday. theres no limit.

Do you believe this rumor was started because someone used an amiibo for their RV site while the villager from it was living in their town?

Back