Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Well I'm going to one of my towns (I have two 3DS systems), and the town I'm going TO has only 9 villagers. The town I'm coming from has a villager in the void, but I visited another town twice that is full. It should be safe to visit my town with 9 villagers then, right?

I'm trying to save my 10th spot for Tom and nobody EVER seems to have him, so I'm worried about that 10th spot being taken by a voided villager and ruining everything...but I wanna work on my train station pwp while I wait for someone to finally offer Tom.

Your void would be clear. You'd be able to visit your 9 villager town without having to worry about voided villagers.

Let's say you'd TT your town to the point where 90% of the green is weed, the rest being flowers and clovers. (And no paths or pwps, just natural)
How many weeds would there be in that town? Approx.? Is there any statistic on this? D:

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's say you'd TT your town to the point where 90% of the green is weed, the rest being flowers and clovers. (And no paths or pwps, just natural)
How many weeds would there be in that town? Approx.? Is there any statistic on this? D:

I don't really have an answer for you, but wouldn't it also depend on the number of trees, rocks, ponds, villagers, and player houses as well? I think it'd be nearly impossible to tell. It's possible even your river shape would have an effect on it.

I don't really have an answer for you, but wouldn't it also depend on the number of trees, rocks, ponds, villagers, and player houses as well? I think it'd be nearly impossible to tell. It's possible even your river shape would have an effect on it.

I guess, but with all the differences it would just vary from like 50-100 spaces at most? I got a number thrown at me (2800) and I'd just like to know whether any legit number would be over or under 2500. I just really don't know how to google for it. /:

I guess, but with all the differences it would just vary from like 50-100 spaces at most? I got a number thrown at me (2800) and I'd just like to know whether any legit number would be over or under 2500. I just really don't know how to google for it. /:

On this post I just found (because now I'm curious too), someone mentioned you get about 50 a year, and mentioned 2300 weeds total someone got? I'm guessing that maybe 2300 to 2800 is kind of the range then?

Anyone has tips on how to catch the oar fish
It'd my last fish I need to get from the beach

Last edited:
Anyone has tips on how to catch the oar fish
It'd my last fish I need to get from the beach

according to the guide app on my phone, it's best to catch it during the day. also, it's about the same size as the coelacanth.

according to a guide about moving villagers out, villagers will not move out within 4-5 days of one moving in. (it's this guide, number 7) i recently got poncho thanks to umeplum, but just before i left to pick him up, one of my villagers told me he was going to move out on february 3rd. since he's not a bear cub, i said it was okay with me. it didn't occur to me that it meant he would move 3 days after poncho moved in, which goes against what the guide says.

so, is zucker still going to move out? or did poncho's move-in disable that? thanks in advance, and sorry if this is a dumb question

Last edited:
Can I grow hybrids from two parents who are the same color? Like breed two orange roses to get new orange roses?
And if so, does it work for all hybrids (except the gold roses)?

Can I grow hybrids from two parents who are the same color? Like breed two orange roses to get new orange roses?
And if so, does it work for all hybrids (except the gold roses)?

Yes, you can. They are not always guaranteed to produce other hybrids though, but they do have a better chance of producing hybrids than breeding non-hybrids.

Can you continue plot resetting even when the villager's house is built (and they are in boxes to move in)? I've been resetting for hours and I need to go to bed for class in the morning.

Can you continue plot resetting even when the villager's house is built (and they are in boxes to move in)? I've been resetting for hours and I need to go to bed for class in the morning.

No. Once a villager's house is there, it's there until that villager moves out.

No. Once a villager's house is there, it's there until that villager moves out.

I've seen some people say they still could plot reset even after the house is built (granted you never load your mayor) and have spent a week plot resetting.

It's still letting me reset today, a day later, so I guess I'm okay anyway.

I've seen some people say they still could plot reset even after the house is built (granted you never load your mayor) and have spent a week plot resetting.

It's still letting me reset today, a day later, so I guess I'm okay anyway.

I guess if you skipped a day and the actual house appears while you are doing the plot resetting trick instead of the roped off area, then you can still plot reset. I've always plot reset the next day, so I didn't know the actual house could appear without the roped off area ever appearing before. But yes, anything that happens in your town when you create a new character can be reversed since you never load your game.

I guess if you skipped a day and the actual house appears while you are doing the plot resetting trick instead of the roped off area, then you can still plot reset. I've always plot reset the next day, so I didn't know the actual house could appear without the roped off area ever appearing before. But yes, anything that happens in your town when you create a new character can be reversed since you never load your game.

Yeah, it still showed up as being roped off instead of being an actual house. He was in my town since yesterday but I never loaded my mayor at all. He's being super stubborn though, he almost never plots where I need him and it's making me mad. Probably gonna be my longest plot reset ever.

Help! I have 2 own copies of NL, and I have my brothers NL copy over here right now aswell.. I made a new town on my second NL file, and I reaaally like the town map and villagers that came with it (after trying... 25 times) BUT, the native fruit is AGAIN pear! Which is also the native fruit in my other towns, what would you do? In my other town I have all of the fruits, so I could just go there and shake some trees, but perfect fruit makes a pretty bell when sold in a town that does not cary that fruit as their native..

Help! I have 2 own copies of NL, and I have my brothers NL copy over here right now aswell.. I made a new town on my second NL file, and I reaaally like the town map and villagers that came with it (after trying... 25 times) BUT, the native fruit is AGAIN pear! Which is also the native fruit in my other towns, what would you do? In my other town I have all of the fruits, so I could just go there and shake some trees, but perfect fruit makes a pretty bell when sold in a town that does not cary that fruit as their native..

If you really like the map, then keep it. If you are looking for a specific native fruit because you actually want to plant trees of that perfect fruit, then maybe you should keep resetting for a better fruit, but if you are just planting perfect fruit trees for the bells, then don't make a big deal out of it since you can make bells in a lot of other ways. Don't worry about the starting villagers. You can always get good villagers later via random move-ins, the campsite, and adoption. Your town map and fruit are permanent, so those should be your priority.

There's a half-off sale at T&T Emporium after 6pm in my town- will this sale include the things in Gracie's level?

Last edited:
I know I always ask tons of plot reset related questions, but I have one more:

Can a villager ping to move and/or move out while I'm still plot resetting, or not?

I'm on day 3 of plot resetting and I'm worried if I spend too many days doing it, a villager will move out in the meantime.

Can a villager ping to move and/or move out while I'm still plot resetting, or not?

I'm on day 3 of plot resetting and I'm worried if I spend too many days doing it, a villager will move out in the meantime.

If the day in-game hasn't changed then they can't. Usually it takes around 5 days for a villager to move out once they're thinking of moving, so as long as you haven't been time traveling, you'll be safe.

- - - Post Merge - - -

There's a half-off sale at T&T Emporium after 6pm in my town- will this sale include the things in Gracie's level?

I'm not sure with this one... I remember Gracie usually have a separate announcement when she has a sale going on, so T&T Emporium sale might not include her shop as she only sharing a building, not the shop like the Gardener.

No. Gracie only has items on sale at the end of each season and when they appear has nothing to do with Nook's sales.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't know, but since you are making new characters for plot resetting, you can check to see if a villager is in boxes and just quit if one is. You can always TT back to the day you adopted the villager and then plot reset from there.

Last edited:
Back