• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Most likely, I know I've adopted a villager who mentioned someone's name I'd never heard before either. I'm not sure, though, just how many people they can remember.

Thank you!!! You always know the answer xD

Yep, it will display in their house. I've given villagers furniture that I've customized before and they put it in their houses.

It didn't. I gave it to her but it disappeared. It's not in ReTail or her home. Again, this was a piece of furniture with a custom design on it, not a regular refurbished piece from Cyrus, so I think it just disappeared into the game void.

It didn't. I gave it to her but it disappeared. It's not in ReTail or her home. Again, this was a piece of furniture with a custom design on it, not a regular refurbished piece from Cyrus, so I think it just disappeared into the game void.

Were you in her house at the time you gave it to her? Often when I give villagers furniture it appears the next day.

A villager is moving in tomorrow I believe. (Got him from another town).

Plot resetting/setting.

All I have to do, is tomorrow, make sure I start "new game file" make a new character to move into my town..see where the plot is.. And if I like it..stay.. If I don't.. Close the game..Rinse and repeat?

Just making sure I'm gonna do it right tomorrow.

A villager is moving in tomorrow I believe. (Got him from another town).

Plot resetting/setting.

All I have to do, is tomorrow, make sure I start "new game file" make a new character to move into my town..see where the plot is.. And if I like it..stay.. If I don't.. Close the game..Rinse and repeat?

Just making sure I'm gonna do it right tomorrow.

Yep! Whatever you do, don't load your mayor! If you don't like it, quit and do it again. If you like it, complete the set-up: building your house, getting your TPC from Isabelle and the game will auto save. If you see a plot in the opening credits, do not be fooled! Still load up a new character to check for the plot!

Hope that helps and good luck! It's a bit maddening but worth it :>

What is the most effective way to get a villager to change their shirt? Send it to them in a letter? I adopted Pashmina and she has that ugly fiendish shirt or whatever on and it needs to be gone yesterday xD appreciate any tips!!!

If I plant a string of bush starts in a row as shown in the diagram below all at the same time, will they all grow successfully or should I only plant a few each day to prevent any from dying? (The X's mark where I'm going to plant bush starts)

XOO
XOO
XOO
XXO
OXX

I really don't want to mess up and waste a lot of bush starts, so I'll do them one out at a time unless someone can guarantee that planting them all at once is safe.

What is the most effective way to get a villager to change their shirt? Send it to them in a letter? I adopted Pashmina and she has that ugly fiendish shirt or whatever on and it needs to be gone yesterday xD appreciate any tips!!!

Sending them a letter, though sometimes they will display the shirt in their homes, so you may need to send two or three before they actually wear it. Keeping one in your pocket may help too, just in case they ever ping to ask for it (and maybe change into it, but that's reaching kind of far)

- - - Post Merge - - -

If I plant a string of bush starts in a row as shown in the diagram below all at the same time, will they all grow successfully or should I only plant a few each day to prevent any from dying? (The X's mark where I'm going to plant bush starts)

XOO
XOO
XOO
XXO
OXX

I really don't want to mess up and waste a lot of bush starts, so I'll do them one out at a time unless someone can guarantee that planting them all at once is safe.

They should all grow, but I'd plant no more than 3 of them at a time just to play it safe. (Even better if it's not three in a row but like...every other one)

@Namstar: hot call on keeping it in my pocket! I never thought of that!! And thanks for letting me know that I may have to send it more than once - I sort of really hate writing letters so...how much do I REALLY want her shirt to change? xD

@Namstar: hot call on keeping it in my pocket! I never thought of that!! And thanks for letting me know that I may have to send it more than once - I sort of really hate writing letters so...how much do I REALLY want her shirt to change? xD

You dont even really have to put anything on the letter. Just write like 'wear this or else' or something haha. I gotta work on changing Sprinkle's shirt and I'm like...ugh. Gotta figure out what it originally was and everything.

i have two questions that have been bothering me for a while!
firstly, can you still get a villager from somebody's town even when you have 9 villagers? or do i need 8 or less for them to move to my town?
and secondly, can you reset for both a 9th villager similar to how you can reset for a camper? one of my villagers is moving out soon, so i'm making extra sure that i can guarantee the dreamies i want.

i have two questions that have been bothering me for a while!
firstly, can you still get a villager from somebody's town even when you have 9 villagers? or do i need 8 or less for them to move to my town?
and secondly, can you reset for both a 9th villager similar to how you can reset for a camper? one of my villagers is moving out soon, so i'm making extra sure that i can guarantee the dreamies i want.

Yes to the first question! You can adopt at 8 or 9 ^^ Then for the second, it only works if it is a random move in. (Not from a void or adopted)

i want to sell my lovely phone on this forum. i want to hold an auction, but is it woth auctioning just that item? and if so, what should the starting bid be?

i want to sell my lovely phone on this forum. i want to hold an auction, but is it woth auctioning just that item? and if so, what should the starting bid be?

I'm not sure it is worth auctioning. It isn't really all that rare since anyone can just TT to a fireworks day and buy a bunch of tickets to get several of them. It is the most popular fireworks item, so you might be able to get 50-100k for it, but probably not much more than that unless someone is really desperate for one.

I'm not sure it is worth auctioning. It isn't really all that rare since anyone can just TT to a fireworks day and buy a bunch of tickets to get several of them. It is the most popular fireworks item, so you might be able to get 50-100k for it, but probably not much more than that unless someone is really desperate for one.

thanks for the tip! c:

Question. Now that I plot reset a place for a new villager with a new file save. When can I destroy that character? Do I have to wait for the tent to turn into a house? Can I do it on my mayor file or on the alternative user?

Question. Now that I plot reset a place for a new villager with a new file save. When can I destroy that character? Do I have to wait for the tent to turn into a house? Can I do it on my mayor file or on the alternative user?

Usually what I do is save the new file, load my mayor character, then save and quit/continue. If you save and quit you can then delete the new file from main menu.
Pretty much as long as you load up your mayor before deleting new file, everything will be the same

Question and again sorry if this has been already asked.. I have been googling and researching everything about voided villagers for the past 4 hours and honestly I'm just about to delete my file and start new. I'm pretty sure I got a voided character since I trade and have people visit my town frequently. Thing is I'm not crazy TTing or "cycling" so when a villager that I don't like FINALLY moves out, I'm ready for the plot resetting & actually pretty excited cause I know I'll be able to move in a dreamie..
...until Tammy has been showing up 14 times in a row and then I read about the void.

So TLDR pretty much what I am asking is can I travel back in time on my 3ds clock and somehow get rid of this voided villager trying to move in? The last time I saved with my mayor was 5:58am.
Or is there really anything I can do from preventing Tammy from moving in? X_x

The plot is locked in place once you've saved and quit with the new character, you can delete them anytime after that

Question and again sorry if this has been already asked.. I have been googling and researching everything about voided villagers for the past 4 hours and honestly I'm just about to delete my file and start new. I'm pretty sure I got a voided character since I trade and have people visit my town frequently. Thing is I'm not crazy TTing or "cycling" so when a villager that I don't like FINALLY moves out, I'm ready for the plot resetting & actually pretty excited cause I know I'll be able to move in a dreamie..
...until Tammy has been showing up 14 times in a row and then I read about the void.

So TLDR pretty much what I am asking is can I travel back in time on my 3ds clock and somehow get rid of this voided villager trying to move in? The last time I saved with my mayor was 5:58am.
Or is there really anything I can do from preventing Tammy from moving in? X_x
Stay on the same day until you can invite a villager you actually want. Invited villagers will always override voided ones.

Okay so, I want to make sure I've got this right before I start my game today and mess something up.

I currently have 9 villagers. Am I correct in that a 10th villager will NOT move in unless I ask someone to? Or is this only if I have a clear void?

Back