• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Okay so, I want to make sure I've got this right before I start my game today and mess something up.

I currently have 9 villagers. Am I correct in that a 10th villager will NOT move in unless I ask someone to? Or is this only if I have a clear void?

they won't move in unless you ask them to UNLESS you get someone from someone's void (either through wifi or streetpass) so it's often best to not trade with people until you've got the 10th villager you want

they won't move in unless you ask them to UNLESS you get someone from someone's void (either through wifi or streetpass) so it's often best to not trade with people until you've got the 10th villager you want

Okay, so If I clear my void and then just not go anywhere, I should be fine?

Okay, so If I clear my void and then just not go anywhere, I should be fine?

i don't see why you'd need to clear your void unless you're paranoid about giving someone a voided villager of yours but yep, you should be fine :)

i don't see why you'd need to clear your void unless you're paranoid about giving someone a voided villager of yours but yep, you should be fine :)

Oh wait whut. Lol, I think I got confused by the void xD I thought your void is the one that will move into your town. My bad! So then I'm good!

Thank you!!

The plot is locked in place once you've saved and quit with the new character, you can delete them anytime after that

Stay on the same day until you can invite a villager you actually want. Invited villagers will always override voided ones.
Ah okay thanks much!

Oh wait whut. Lol, I think I got confused by the void xD I thought your void is the one that will move into your town. My bad! So then I'm good!

Thank you!!
Nah your void is previous villagers that moved and you didn't adopt them out, so they ended up going nowhere (aka the void). Yeah it's very confusing at first XD

If Kid Cat is wearing a pattern and I complain about it to Isabelle, will he go back to his original shirt or a random shirt? I'd really like to have him wear that No. 1 shirt again.

If Kid Cat is wearing a pattern and I complain about it to Isabelle, will he go back to his original shirt or a random shirt? I'd really like to have him wear that No. 1 shirt again.

I'm pretty sure it goes to a random shirt :< I've complained and it didn't go back to their original...BUT it will at least not be a pattern xD

Have you tried sending him a letter with the shirt attached? Most of my villagers wear the shirts I send them :)

As far as I know, it resets them to their default in both catchphrase and clothing.

Alright, this is weird. Not totally sure what I did wrong, but it was something.

I deleted all the photos off of my SD card through the camera application and apparently that included digital downloads of games like Animal Crossing. It was an older town that I never really touched anymore and that's all I had on there, so I'm not too upset that it's probably gone, but I'd still like to know how to fix this issue.

I looked through the eShop for New Leaf to download it again and was told there was no redownloadable content. I thought it was weird. After turning my unit off and then on again, that little gift box appeared where New Leaf's digital copy used to be. It unwrapped, I tapped it, and now I'm forever stuck on the red and pulsating "Nintendo 3DS" logo that starts before any game.

It's just stuck on that screen, pulsating for eternity. Something's going on. Anyone know?

I complained to Isabelle about a villagers shirt and they were changed into a plain white shirt.

Alright, this is weird. Not totally sure what I did wrong, but it was something.

I deleted all the photos off of my SD card through the camera application and apparently that included digital downloads of games like Animal Crossing. It was an older town that I never really touched anymore and that's all I had on there, so I'm not too upset that it's probably gone, but I'd still like to know how to fix this issue.

I looked through the eShop for New Leaf to download it again and was told there was no redownloadable content. I thought it was weird. After turning my unit off and then on again, that little gift box appeared where New Leaf's digital copy used to be. It unwrapped, I tapped it, and now I'm forever stuck on the red and pulsating "Nintendo 3DS" logo that starts before any game.

It's just stuck on that screen, pulsating for eternity. Something's going on. Anyone know?

I found a video of my issue.

Does anyone know about how big the coelacanth shadow is? I keep catching stupid sea bass (yes, it's snowing in my town!)!!! I know they're rare but I want to catch one!!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

OMG I just caught an oarfish though!!! I've never caught one before outside of an island game!!! :O

Does anyone know about how big the coelacanth shadow is? I keep catching stupid sea bass (yes, it's snowing in my town!)!!! I know they're rare but I want to catch one!!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

OMG I just caught an oarfish though!!! I've never caught one before outside of an island game!!! :O

Hahah its kind of hard to tell the diff in shadows but the oarfish is longer but has a skinnier tail.. I saw a comparison pic once, if I find it Ill post :] btw congrats on the catch!

Okay what am I doing wrong ?! The very first villager to move into my town was Hans. Ever since first day I have wanted him to move. I have had every single villager ping me and ask to move, some I've obviously let go but Hans has been the ONLY one to not ask.

I befriended him in the beginning, then started to ignore him. He constantly sends me creepy letters about dreams he has about me and various things like that. He constantly follows me around town, no joke. Wherever I go, and whichever store I go to he just teleports there.

I use Chrissy as my "go to" gossip and she just told me Tammy wants to leave, she just moved in!!! Wtf will Hans ever leave? ;_; it's gotten to the point that whenever I see him (which is all the time) I get so mad I don't even want to play.

Edit: oops didn't realize I was double posting D: sorry!

Last edited:
can multiple villagers ping to move in a single day? sorry if the answer is obvious or something

quick villager question!! is there a way you could manipulate the way you place villager houses? if so, how does it work? somebody is moving in tomorrow, but they put their house in an inconvenient spot.

quick villager question!! is there a way you could manipulate the way you place villager houses? if so, how does it work? somebody is moving in tomorrow, but they put their house in an inconvenient spot.

If they have already put down the sign for their house, it's too late to change that. If you create a new character on a day that a villager's house is going to be plotted before you load your mayor then you can look for where the house is going to be and if you don't like it, quit without saving and create another new character and look again and keep quitting without saving until you find a location you like. When you find a good location for the house, then you do all the new character stuff until you can save and then you can save and quit and delete that character. Once you load an existing character though, the location of the house is set in stone since loading is basically saving your game and you can't undo that.

Can a villager place a plot down the day that another one is unpacking?

Last edited:
Back