• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

CKx2J77UMAAyGqw.jpg
why is vileplume in my town

why is vileplume in my town
Your town has the worst town rating possible, that's why. :p
If you clean up your town (pick up trash, pull weeds, etc.), it should wilt, then disappear the next day.

Or, you could just put a PWP on top of it.

Edit: P.S., if you're going for bug completion, you should catch a fly before you get rid of it!

Last edited:
One thing to remember about PWPs is that certain types of villagers will request certain types of PWP's, so if you have a town with, for example, no uchi villagers, then you won't get any suggestions for a Scarecrow PWP. This page, if you scroll down, has a list of every single PWP and what types of villagers will suggest them. I'd recommend cycling in a villager with a personality type that you're lacking and then cycling them out after they request some PWPs that you'd like. Other than that though, it's a pretty random process.

Ahhh okay! I knew some personality types only recommend certain kinds but I'm not getting any at all...the most recent one was a stone tablet T_T;; I'll have a look at the list though and see who will offer me what. Thanks :D

^To add to what Akimari said, I found it really effective to trap villagers of the personality type I wanted to request PWPs with holes the last time I was PWP grinding. Easy to go back and find them.

Also, you probably know this, but fill your pockets with flowers and shells and lose all your money while you grind. It cuts out the tedious buying/selling pings from villagers. Make sure you're also talking to someone every once in a while; if they want to give you the message to take a break, that blocks all possibility of pings until you've heard it.

Ahhh thank you!!! :D I was emptying my pockets but didn't think to fill them up/get rid of money!!! That helps even more! And thanks for the tip on trapping them xD I'll feel bad but I need PWPs! XD Thank you!

What conditions need to be there to be able to adopt a boxed villager from another town? Does a villager in your town need to have decided to move out, be in boxes, or already gone?
Also, how long after a villager moves out does another move in? It's been a while.

you dun screwed up your town mate

lol shoot
and @lebellefleur thank you!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

i have another question. Do you not get spotpass items anymore? i went to the post office and Pelly said that my area isn't offering anything or that i should check my settings but spotpass is on? (i live in the united states if that helps)

- - - Post Merge - - -

What conditions need to be there to be able to adopt a boxed villager from another town? Does a villager in your town need to have decided to move out, be in boxes, or already gone?
Also, how long after a villager moves out does another move in? It's been a while.

you have to have less than 10 villagers to move in another one. and i think another villager should move in within 4-5 days after one moves out? correct me if im wrong

You have to have 9 or fewer house plots, so if you have 10 villagers, you have to wait for the house of the one who moves out to disappear. Another villager can move in as soon as 2 days after the previous one leaves, but it can possibly take a week or longer just like with villagers pinging to move out.

You have to have 9 or fewer house plots, so if you have 10 villagers, you have to wait for the house of the one who moves out to disappear. Another villager can move in as soon as 2 days after the previous one leaves, but it can possibly take a week or longer just like with villagers pinging to move out.

Thank you! I never noticed that houses despawn before. Or maybe I did and it's been so many years I completely forgot.

Last edited:
All the villagers that move keep building their houses on the upper right side of my town and it's getting very crammed around there, how do I stop this from happening again?

All the villagers that move keep building their houses on the upper right side of my town and it's getting very crammed around there, how do I stop this from happening again?

You can place temporary PWPs in the area, as villagers cannot place their houses on top of a PWP.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Or, you can plot reset.

Just visited the able sisters with one of my non-main characters, and apparently they can't use the QR code machine (unfortunate because I wanted to make a QR code of my paths to share with others).
So apparently I have to befriend her with my non-mains? Is that possible? Or can only the town mayor make QR codes?

Just visited the able sisters with one of my non-main characters, and apparently they can't use the QR code machine (unfortunate because I wanted to make a QR code of my paths to share with others).
So apparently I have to befriend her with my non-mains? Is that possible? Or can only the town mayor make QR codes?
You can befriend her with your non-mains. I've done it before and it worked.

Anybody know what item does this? Found this on a blog.

tumblr_msj2dkrIHa1sv6ddto4_400.jpg

You can write on it..? What..?

Anybody know what item does this? Found this on a blog.

tumblr_msj2dkrIHa1sv6ddto4_400.jpg

You can write on it..? What..?

I believe it's the bamboo grass item which is a japan-exclusive dlc! I'm not sure how much you can interact with it as I've never had one but I know you can probably buy it from someone around the forum. ^^

I've got a question related to time traveling. I've never done it before in AC:NL, and before I try it out I'd like to know which way people usually do it. Do you time travel by changing the 3DS clock or by changing the time with Isabelle? Also, is one way better than the other, or are they the same in terms of effects?

Last edited:
I've got a question related to time traveling. I've never done it before in AC:NL, and before I try it out I'd like to know which way people usually do it. Do you time travel by changing the 3DS clock or by changing the time with Isabelle? Also, is one way better than the other, or are they the same in terms of effects?

There is no real difference. I usually change the game clock because I want to keep my 3DS clock on the correct time. One advantage of changing the 3DS clock is that you can change it and create a new character on that day to see what happens (like if any villagers move out) before you commit to the effects of time travelling. If something bad happens when you create a new character, you can just quit without saving and reset your 3DS clock to the time it was at before and it will be as if nothing ever happened.

Last edited:

When you change the time with Isabelle, your villagers might start calling you 'a time traveler' and spread the rumors xD If you do it with 3DS clock, they will never know....'shhh' lol I usually do it by changing the 3DS clock.. but people have different preferences =P

Today Marcel was going to go to my house at a certain time, but then at the appointed time he didn't come. Then I found it outside and he said that he was late and that is why he didn't come. What happened? Was because I take too long to go to my house or is something of the lazy personality?

Today Marcel was going to go to my house at a certain time, but then at the appointed time he didn't come. Then I found it outside and he said that he was late and that is why he didn't come. What happened? Was because I take too long to go to my house or is something of the lazy personality?

Lazies sometime don't show. I've had several instances of Bones or Deli forgetting to visit. Then when I talk with them, they'd say something like, "Oh, I fell asleep!" or another silly excuse. No worries.

Back