• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

It clears out old houses even if you haven't visited them. You don't have to check every house, but you do have to "acknowledge" them by going into the HH Showcase area at all. This basically just clears your street pass cache so you can get more.
i.e. if the notifications on your home screen says you've hit your street pass limit, you have to go to HH Showcase to clear them out so you can get more, meaning every 20 street passes with someone who has animal crossing, you have to visit HH Showcase if you want to get more.
If you've hit the limit, the software won't recognize new street passes.
Argh, that's inconvenient and disappointing! Not as much of a pain as checking every house, but still a pain. D:

Thank you for answering though! At least now I don't have to wonder.

If you spend medals you've earned at the Island, do the spent medals still count towards the total when trying to get the medals badge?
Yes, they do. It's cumulative.

- - - Post Merge - - -

is there a faster/easrier way to get normal tree saplings? Cause Leif only has one per day right now.

You can plant 100 bells.

What does a rainbow feather look like in-game when you put it somewhere? What I mean is; I know that e.g. a red feather shows up as a set of three feathers (blue, green and orange/red, I think) if you put it on the ground, but what about a rainbow feather? Is it the same?

What does a rainbow feather look like in-game when you put it somewhere? What I mean is; I know that e.g. a red feather shows up as a set of three feathers (blue, green and orange/red, I think) if you put it on the ground, but what about a rainbow feather? Is it the same?

Hiya! My mayor happens to be wearing a rainbow feather in her hair right now, so I tested it out. It looks like any other feather--on the ground it's a bundle of three feathers. Nothing different or special. (Though if you were to display it in a house, it would show up on one of those wooden head-mannequins and would clearly be a rainbow feather. Wish they'd show up as bundles in houses as well. :/)

Last edited:
Hello, I have so many questions, specially about the villagers. How can I force to a villager to move out of my town? Because I have a villager that I don't want :/

Also, how can I put roads or stone paths like the one of the Plaza?

Hello, I have so many questions, specially about the villagers. How can I force to a villager to move out of my town? Because I have a villager that I don't want :/

Also, how can I put roads or stone paths like the one of the Plaza?

You cannot force a villager out. Villagers, in due time, can ping you (they have a surprised emoticon and ping-sound, and will run towards you). This can be for errands, conversations, but also to let you know they want to move out.
Villagers only move out when you have 9 or 10 villagers (or so I thought). Villagers are more likely to move out when you have built up a high friendship with them (fulfill their errands, write their letters etc.). Hitting villagers with nets will lower their friendship, so don't do that.

Paths are made with designs (the pencil tab on your touch screen). You have the option to place these on the ground. This is how most people make their paths. You can redesign the design to look like a path you like. You can also scan QR codes when you have unlocked the QR machine at the Able Sisters (talk to the Blue sister that always at the sewing machine for many days). On the internet a lot of path designs can be found and with the QR machine you can save them and use them in your town.

Can you buy Azalea Shoots on the Island?

No, you cannot. Only the Red and Yellow Hibiscus are for sale there. Other shoots/bushes are available at Leif's, but only after the Nookling shop has been upgraded several times, so Leif's shop goes into the Nookling store.

Good luck everyone! =D

Hiya! My mayor happens to be wearing a rainbow feather in her hair right now, so I tested it out. It looks like any other feather--on the ground it's a bundle of three feathers. Nothing different or special. (Though if you were to display it in a house, it would show up on one of those wooden head-mannequins and would clearly be a rainbow feather. Wish they'd show up as bundles in houses as well. :/)

Awesome, thank you so much for your answer! <3 One more question; I'm guessing that when you wear it, it looks something like this?

I just recently got a villager to move to my town, and I'm too lazy to wait the full two days before I can actually see him. Can I time travel forward with no issues?

Ok I know I'm going to sound crazy and like I'm making this up but I swear it's true.

So, I bought a physical copy of AC:NL on Friday and decided to re-home some of the villagers that were on the file. The town was abandoned and full of weeds, and obviously had some time travel done. Apple just moved out yesterday from the town. Chief had been living in the town the entire time.
CHIEF'S HOUSE IS NOW EXACTLY WHERE APPLE'S USED TO BE.
Is this a glitch or something? Was the game hacked?

What happens if you have low friendship with a villager?

A villager can still move out if you said not the first time when they tried to move out?

Last edited:
Can you plant bushes right on the river, or do they need a space?

They need to be a space apart from the river =)

Overall, for bushes the same rules apply as for trees and bamboo (there needs to be a space on all sides for it to grow), except that bushes can be planted next to trees, bamboo and eachother. But all other object-space limitations apply to bushes.

- - - Post Merge - - -

What happens if you have low friendship with a villager?

A villager can still move out if you said not the first time when they tried to move out?

If you have a high villager friendship, they are more likely to give you rare furniture and more likely to move out. So a low villager friendship reverses this, they are more likely to just give shirts and are less likely to move out.

A villager can still move out if you said no the first time, but it requires another ping. If you save the game after you've denied the villager to leave, villagers can only suggest in the next days to move (you cannot get 2 move-out pings in the same day).

This happened to me once, hopefully it'll explain better.
Fang pinged me on the 20th, requesting to leave on the 25th. I told him to stay. This means his moving-request was cancelled.
I walk up to Fang to next day, the 21st, and he pinged me again. Now he requested to leave on the 26th.

So it is a whole new request, unrelated to the previous one. And it is possible for the same villager to request several times in a row.

I just recently got a villager to move to my town, and I'm too lazy to wait the full two days before I can actually see him. Can I time travel forward with no issues?

I'd suggest time-traveling day by day instead, just because it's safer. Run through and check with all your villagers, because if I recall correctly I have experienced move-outs when someone's scheduled to move in, when my villager count is right for it to be an Exiting phase.

The Wisteria Trellis? As many as the PWP limit is: 30. Though 30 trellises might be a bit much for any town.

I was thinking maybe 2 or 3, thank you though.

Also, do the PWPs that occur in the market center detract from that total of 30 PWPs? I'm talking about things like the dream house and Katrina's fortunes.

I was thinking maybe 2 or 3, thank you though.

Also, do the PWPs that occur in the market center detract from that total of 30 PWPs? I'm talking about things like the dream house and Katrina's fortunes.

I've read from multiple people that they don't since they can't be demolished.

Back