• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Hello, I've been looking all over the place to ask this question lol. I'm a pretty new player so I haven't had the chance to figure this out for myself:

When Reese is paying premium for "shark", does this mean every other shark (like whale shark/hammerhead/saw) or only shark?

Hello, I've been looking all over the place to ask this question lol. I'm a pretty new player so I haven't had the chance to figure this out for myself:

When Reese is paying premium for "shark", does this mean every other shark (like whale shark/hammerhead/saw) or only shark?

I'm pretty sure is any kind of shark, just like when he asks for "Shirt".

Question : can you take a screenshot of the map, and how? Thank you! :3

Either use a camera to take a picture of your bottom screen, or go to the Town Hall as the mayor and delete a PWP, you can take a picture of your town map because it will put the map on the top screen.

P.S. You don't have to follow through with the deletion of a PWP. XD

Either use a camera to take a picture of your bottom screen, or go to the Town Hall as the mayor and delete a PWP, you can take a picture of your town map because it will put the map on the top screen.

P.S. You don't have to follow through with the deletion of a PWP. XD

Or use Miiverse to take a screenie. You can choose which screen. c:

no its only for the shark not the other kinds

Is it possible to get a new plot on the same day that a villager just moved in and is in boxes? :confused:

The moment the plot is gone and the villager is unboxing, you should technically be able to have a new move in. However, the game will not move someone in directly that day, most of the time the game will wait for 5 days before it moves someone new in. Also you've to realise that when you've nine villagers the game will not move in any more villagers.
You can however invite someone from a friends town to live in your town and have him move in the moment that other villager is unboxing. If you ask a villager to move in the day the other villager has spawned a plot in your town, you should be able to get that villager moving in the next day.
It's also important to note that asking a second villager to move in can cause delay sometimes, so you've no guarantee of actually having that villager moving in that day. But yeah, it's possible.

Hello! I've seen the "lost item" being sold in the forums, may I know how this is possible? Isn't it impossible to drop it once you pick it up?

I was wondering something about villagers' birthday gift preferences. I know that each villager has preferences as to what to receive on their birthday. But do the birthday gift preferences also apply when giving them gifts on other occasions? I mean that do they still like certain items more than other ones? Or do they only have gift item preferences on their birthdays? Like when they ask for furniture or when you send a gift in a letter, would it be better to send them something that they prefer to get on their birthdays too?

Haha sorry if I'm being unclear, I didn't quite know how to put this. I guess just I'm trying to ask whether the villagers' so-called birthday gift preferences are just birthday gift preferences or general gift preferences. What a stupid sentence.

Last edited:
Hello! I've seen the "lost item" being sold in the forums, may I know how this is possible? Isn't it impossible to drop it once you pick it up?

If you don't find the owner before the next day, lost items become junk items. Many people keep them for decoration; i.e. the mitten and book.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ergo, they can be dropped once they're junk. This goes for the clipboard item for petitions as well.

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this but just in case...if I don't like my native fruit there's no reason I can't chop down all of my fruit trees and plant the fruit I want (once I get hold of it), is there? I've just started a new town and it's perfect except for the fruit, so I really don't want to reset!

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this but just in case...if I don't like my native fruit there's no reason I can't chop down all of my fruit trees and plant the fruit I want (once I get hold of it), is there? I've just started a new town and it's perfect except for the fruit, so I really don't want to reset!

You could, but you can only get the perfect version of your native fruit. For example, if you have peaches, only perfect peaches will grow in your town, despite what other fruit you plant there.

You could, but you can only get the perfect version of your native fruit. For example, if you have peaches, only perfect peaches will grow in your town, despite what other fruit you plant there.

Gah that's not good. I can get buy a couple of perfect fruits on here or get some from a friend at some point though, then plant those, can't I? *desperate face*

Thanks for answering!

Last edited:
Afraid you can't, sorry. Even if you bury them, they'll just grow as an ordinary fruit tree unless they're your town's native fruit.

Ugh, that's so disappointing! I'm doing a French themed town and I was so pleased because the layout is perfect and I got Soleil as a starter villager, but I also got oranges when I wanted apples :( Oh well, time to make a decision!

Cheers for the advice :)

I know... I would have bought a basket of perfect cherries otherwise and planted them as a tribute to my old town... But really- it's no problem!

If you want my advice- I'd personally just make the sacrifice and stay with oranges. If you say the layout is perfect, then the odds of finding it again, or something similar, alongside apples as a town fruit would be astronomical.

If you want my advice- I'd personally just make the sacrifice and stay with oranges. If you say the layout is perfect, then the odds of finding it again, or something similar, alongside apples as a town fruit would be astronomical.

Yeah I think you're right, the positives far outweigh the one negative. And I'm sure oranges could grow in southern France!

Back