• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

There has to be at least 2 spaces for 2 villager houses side to side, 3 if they're behind or in front. And yes, they can move on top of trees. Good luck plot resetting her~

I see. Thank you!!
Then I don't see why she wouldn't move there ;-;
Ugh, guess I just have to patient...

How do you get snow cherry trees in your town? Are they sold at the T & T emporium? I just have to pass Gracie's test one more time for it to open >.<

How do you get snow cherry trees in your town? Are they sold at the T & T emporium? I just have to pass Gracie's test one more time for it to open >.<

What do you mean by snow cherry trees, cherry trees in general or the pink cherry blossom ones? Cherry trees are regular native fruit trees, you can get them in the same way you'd get other non-native fruits (like swapping them with people). If you mean the cherry blossom trees, you don't buy them, some trees in your town just randomly turn into them while it's cherry blossom season.

What do you mean by snow cherry trees, cherry trees in general or the pink cherry blossom ones? Cherry trees are regular native fruit trees, you can get them in the same way you'd get other non-native fruits (like swapping them with people). If you mean the cherry blossom trees, you don't buy them, some trees in your town just randomly turn into them while it's cherry blossom season.

When is cherry blossom season? >.<

This is a silly question, but excluding trading with other players, what's the easiest way to obtain foreign fruit?

In past games, I've been able to get foreign fruit by sending my villagers one-line letters with a native fruit attached. It hasn't seemed to work in NL so far; it seems I get everything but fruit!

This is a silly question, but excluding trading with other players, what's the easiest way to obtain foreign fruit?

In past games, I've been able to get foreign fruit by sending my villagers one-line letters with a native fruit attached. It hasn't seemed to work in NL so far; it seems I get everything but fruit!

Go to the island play some tours and smuggle some fruit back.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Is there something you need to do before Gracie show's up? I've been playing for almost two months and haven't met her yet :S Also if she's in someones town, can I go and have a check there?

Anyone know what the total size of the lighthouse is?
2x2

Other than getting it from the Island like JeffreyAC said, I don't think there's any other way? I think you're supposed to play with other people and trade native fruit with each other, so trading with other players seems to be the best way.

Is there something you need to do before Gracie show's up? I've been playing for almost two months and haven't met her yet :S Also if she's in someones town, can I go and have a check there?
You need to upgrade Nookling's store to T.I.Y. and afterwards she'll visit your town randomly. Only residents from that town can get fashion checks from Gracie as far as I know.

I would like a bit more clarification on tanning in new leaf if anyone could help me. I looked at the OP and I've looked at a bunch of other forums, and the wiki. Some places say that you can only go up one level of shade per day and the tan won't take effect till the next day and other places say that it takes place immediately and you can completely tan in one day, can anyone clarify this for me? Also, I was wondering where I could find the list of items preventing tanning..

I would like a bit more clarification on tanning in new leaf if anyone could help me. I looked at the OP and I've looked at a bunch of other forums, and the wiki. Some places say that you can only go up one level of shade per day and the tan won't take effect till the next day and other places say that it takes place immediately and you can completely tan in one day, can anyone clarify this for me? Also, I was wondering where I could find the list of items preventing tanning..

In my experience, my character would change one shade per day and it wasn't noticeable until then next time I booted up the town. And here's a list of hats that prevent tanning, although it may not be 100% accurate: link

What happen if you met same villagers in others town ?
for example i have midge in my town and then i visited other town with midge in it

What happen if you met same villagers in others town ?
for example i have midge in my town and then i visited other town with midge in it

nothing special, i think some personality will say "i think ive met you in a different life time!" or something along those lines.

There's a lot of questions to read through, so sorry if this has been asked before.

If a villager asks to move and I tell them they can go, can I change my mind and keep them? If so, how can I do that?

There's a lot of questions to read through, so sorry if this has been asked before.

If a villager asks to move and I tell them they can go, can I change my mind and keep them? If so, how can I do that?

Yep! If you continue to talk to them before their moving date they'll occasionally mention something about moving, and then you will have the option to ask them to stay or tell them to go again.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Trading with other players is definitely the easiest way to do it, but it's not impossible to obtain it otherwise. I got all of my fruit by taking it from the island (as JeffreyAC said), having my villagers send it to me in letters (not sure what the formula for that is, it just kind of happened over time?) and from unexpected house visits. In my experience, more often than not when a villager barges into your house unannounced, if you talk to them a bunch of times they will give you a piece of fruit.

Last edited:
is there a way to change your skin color after tanning, though? My character is still quite pale but I don't want it to tan. What would I do in case it does?

is there a way to change your skin color after tanning, though? My character is still quite pale but I don't want it to tan. What would I do in case it does?

Yes, if you wear wide-brimmed hats or use umbrellas, you'll prevent further tanning and your tan will go away if you already had one.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/faqs/65246

There's a list of hats that prevent tanning on this guide. Just use Ctrl+F and search tanning. c:

Back