• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

If I ask a villager to move to my town from someone else's town, can someone's voided villager override that move-in if I visit someone else before the villager I asked to move in plots their house down?

Nope! It's vice versa. Asking someone to move in and having them accept can override voids, granted it happens the same day. Next day your invited villager will show. It's basically the same concept that confused some people who asked two villagers the same day. Only the last one they invited would show.

EDIT: Even if you visit someone else with a voided villager after inviting a villager from another town, invites are priority. :blush:

Last edited:
Nope! It's vice versa. Asking someone to move in and having them accept can override voids, granted it happens the same day. Next day your invited villager will show. It's basically the same concept that confused some people who asked two villagers the same day. Only the last one they invited would show.

EDIT: Even if you visit someone else with a voided villager after inviting a villager from another town, invites are priority. :blush:
Thank you. I assumed that was the case, but I would be really upset if some random villager moved in instead of Tangy tomorrow.

If someone moves in, and crushes all of my flowers, will they appear in the police station? Or does that only account for regular items?

If someone moves in, and crushes all of my flowers, will they appear in the police station? Or does that only account for regular items?

I believe only regular items will appear in the police station (unless your flowers are still in seed bags).

Last edited:
I believe only regular items in the police station (unless your flowers are still in seed bags).

thank you, I kind of find it sad that it won't allow floats though :c. But anyways, thanks again!

- - - Post Merge - - -

hmph, I have another question uwu!
does fertilizer still work if it's used near buildings, cliffs, and beaches?

thank you, I kind of find it sad that it won't allow floats though :c. But anyways, thanks again!

- - - Post Merge - - -

hmph, I have another question uwu!
does fertilizer still work if it's used near buildings, cliffs, and beaches?

Yes it does, next to flowers of course, and you need room for spawning hybrids.

Does ignoring a villager make them move out faster? or should I talk to them?
Eeh, some say that if you talk to them once only to introduce yourself and then never talk to them again it makes them move out faster, sometimes it works for me and sometimes it doesn't (ex. i got drift out that way but I only talked once to maelle and she refuses to ping right now!)
and some say you need to befriend them just like everyone else to make them ping, which has also worked for me sometimes... I guess the game can be really random sometimes :/

If a villager moves in on top of my flowers and then i do the reset trick, will my flowers still be there or is it just a waste of time to do the trick

If a villager moves in on top of my flowers and then i do the reset trick, will my flowers still be there or is it just a waste of time to do the trick

If they moved in while you were doing the trick, and you retry the trick, they'll still be there.
If you opened the game regularly (on an existing player character) then the trick itself won't work at all, and your flowers are unfortunately gone.

I've been trying to get the first dreamer badge, and I am 99% certain that I have visited at least 50 dream towns. Phineas isn't showing up, and I'm pretty sure he shows up as soon as you meet the requirements for a badge.

Is there any possible condition that I might unknowingly not be meeting to get this badge? Do I need to have an active dream address myself? I just don't want to waste more time doing it if I might be doing something wrong. :/

I've been trying to get the first dreamer badge, and I am 99% certain that I have visited at least 50 dream towns. Phineas isn't showing up, and I'm pretty sure he shows up as soon as you meet the requirements for a badge.

Is there any possible condition that I might unknowingly not be meeting to get this badge? Do I need to have an active dream address myself? I just don't want to waste more time doing it if I might be doing something wrong. :/

It needs to be sunny/have good weather for him to show up.
Eventually he'll pop up sooner or later.

Hello,

I was just wondering if there are any areas or shop upgrades that can only be unlocked by the mayor other than Club LOL. I know that any player may contribute to bell totals, but can players other than the mayor get Kapp'n to show up for the first time? Can anyone other than the mayor get the flower shop to open or meet Gracie's requirements to upgrade T&T?

Thanks =)

Last edited:
I am plot resetting to have Kid Cat's house in a specific location in my town and in one of the resets, his house is completely misplaced, but I just noticed there is an animal in my campsite, namely Whitney. Here is the question: If I reset, she is bound to disappear the next time I load the game, right? Because I can't really save before resetting, for obvious reasons.

I am plot resetting to have Kid Cat's house in a specific location in my town and in one of the resets, his house is completely misplaced, but I just noticed there is an animal in my campsite, namely Whitney. Here is the question: If I reset, she is bound to disappear the next time I load the game, right? Because I can't really save before resetting, for obvious reasons.

High chance she will, yes. However, you should check out campsite resetting. It best works the day after you build the PWP, but is possible later.

Does a hybrid red pansy + another hybrid red pansy make another hybrid red or a regular red?

Regular red pansy, I think. None of the red pansy offspring seemed to grow purple pansies for me, so I assume it is a regular red pansy.

Back