• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

If a villager is sick, is it still possible for other villagers to (ping to) move out?

Yeah, I had Gala sick the other day and Beau asked to move. I think Stitches was sick when Tom asked to move.

. . .

What's the best way to find a tarantula? I've been wandering around my village for the past three nights and have seen two of them, but they were apparently just off the screen when I entered, so they ran off before I could do anything. Other than that, I just can't find them. I mainly orbit around my town plaza since that has the most open ground. Do they spawn on the paths we put down? I know June's only a few days old and I have plenty of time (and I caught one last year in my other town), but I really want to knock this out.

@Ras: They can spawn on paths. They are just literally the rarest damn bug in the game (and hardest to catch too).

I have a question now. What day does your town tree's leaves fully grow back?

@Ras: They can spawn on paths. They are just literally the rarest damn bug in the game (and hardest to catch too).

I've been working on my gold bug badge by going to the island every night, but this stupid tarantula hunt has put the brakes to that. It really hurts that I saw a couple and could do nothing about it (one ran into the pond).

I've been working on my gold bug badge by going to the island every night, but this stupid tarantula hunt has put the brakes to that. It really hurts that I saw a couple and could do nothing about it (one ran into the pond).

I wish Nintendo programmed the AI a bit better when it came to that tarantula haha. I know how you feel (those feel from wild world and city folk). I haven't caught one yet in New leaf.

AH DAMMIT! I just found one and it stopped and then started to move, so I had to charge it. And, it bit me. GRRRRRRR!

Hey guys, this is my third(?) day on animal crossing! I like most of my villagers so far (kabuki,hamlet,hans, and katt is okay too) but I was wondering how to make the others move out so I can get a taste of other villagers/personalities? I read online that there is an option of introducing yourself then ignore them for a week, but since I am new I have talked to everyone (talked to the ones I liked alot and rarely talked to the ones I dislike) so I don't really know what to do from here. Didn't want to post a thread because this is probably a question asked alot already... Anyways if anyone can let me know my options I'd appreciate it!

Hey guys, this is my third(?) day on animal crossing! I like most of my villagers so far (kabuki,hamlet,hans, and katt is okay too) but I was wondering how to make the others move out so I can get a taste of other villagers/personalities? I read online that there is an option of introducing yourself then ignore them for a week, but since I am new I have talked to everyone (talked to the ones I liked alot and rarely talked to the ones I dislike) so I don't really know what to do from here. Didn't want to post a thread because this is probably a question asked alot already... Anyways if anyone can let me know my options I'd appreciate it!

great to hear you're enjoying it! have you got all 9 of your villagers yet?? once you have 9 (and it's been 4 days since the last one moved in), animals will start to ask to move out. who "pings" (the exclamation mark above their head and running over to you) you is completely random, but i've found it's those who you are closer with that move. try and befriend everyone and see what happens!

I was just wondering about the Nookling expansions. If you order from the kiosk in the store, does that count towards the bells needed to expand or does it have to be things bought directly in store? Appreciate answers. Thanks. :)

It sounds like you only have 4 villagers so far so don't worry about making them move out. You need to have at least 9 villagers for them to consider moving out at all, so you'll just have to wait to have at least 9 villagers to be able to move someone out.

If you already have 9 villagers, there are very simple ways of moving out the ones you don't want. One thing you can do is just wait, once you've hit 9, you'll get at least one request a week (usually more) for a villager to move out, so you can just allow them to go ahead if you don't want them in your town.

If you want to speed up the process, ignoring them for a week doesn't work (I've tried it and what seems to be on this subject seem to be mostly rumours or isolated incidents, which I wouldn't count as "proof"). The villagers who have naturally pinged me most have been the ones I talked to moderately, actually, not the ones I ignored or talked to a lot.

The way I've used in the past to move out unwanted villagers is detailed in a thread in this forum, by a user called faerie. Search for it and you'll find it, you have several options within that method. It seems to me to be the safest and it's worked well for me. The variant of that method that I've used was as follows:

Pick a week without any events in it then use your 3DS clock to set the calendar date to the Sunday that begins that week in the game. Load the game as your mayor, save and quit. Then go to the calendar, set the date to one year after that (change just the year, no need to change the day or month). Start up your game, then choose the option to create a new character. This is very important, if you choose your mayor, it won't work and it'll mess up. So make sure you're creating a new character from scratch. After the whole intro on the train, after Porter gives you the town map, take a look at the map. Someone will be gone from it. Quit the game without saving (this is important). Go back to the 3DS calendar and set the year back by one year. This means you'll be on the date you last saved as your mayor. Load up the game as your mayor, then go talk to the villager who was missing from the map the new character received one year later. That villager should ping you to move. If they don't, talk to them a few times (about 5 times or so) and see if they mention moving. If they don't, save and quit, then load the game again and go find them and see if they ping you, if they don't, talk to them a few times again, and if they say nothing about moving, save and quit then load the game again. You may have to repeat this step (of loading the game as your mayor and seeking out that character) a few times, but for me, that villager has always pinged me on the first or second try.

If it's a villager you want to keep, tell them to stay, save and quit. Then: go to the 3DS calendar, move forward by one year, load as your mayor, save and quit. Go to the calendar, set it forward by another year, start a new character, check who's gone, quit without saving, set the date back by one year, load as your mayor, find that character, etc.

For example, when I did this, it was May. I picked this week we're currently on in real life since no events are taking place now. I set the date to June 1 2014. I loaded as my mayor, saved and quit. Then I set the calendar to June 1 2015, started a new character, checked who was gone, quit without saving, went back to June 1 2014, and used the mayor to talk to that character. Then the next time I did it, I went to June 1 2015, loaded as the mayor, saved and quit, then set the date to June 1 2016, started with a new character, quit without saving, went back to 2015, talked to that villager as the mayor, and so on.

Basically, you go forward with your mayor, then go 1 year after that with a new villager, then go back with your mayor and talk to that villager.

Repeat this process until someone you want to move out says they'd like to move. Tell them to go. Then you can return to the original date if you wish to. In my case I ended up in 2020-something, and just went back to May 2014. Going back in time by any amount counts as going one day forward, so technically only one day had passed in my game. This means that a villager who was moving in 5 days, would now be moving in 4 days.

It's sounds complicated, but it's actually pretty simple once you get the hang of it. It's also one of the safest methods I know as long as you don't accidentally use your mayor at times when you should be using a new character. If you have any questions feel free to ask, or if you want to see more details or other alternatives (like TTing month by month and not year by year) search for that thread.

The only downside to this is that if you're travelling by year, your town will get a lot of weeds, but it helps if you have the Beautiful Town ordinance.

I hope this helps.

I was just wondering about the Nookling expansions. If you order from the kiosk in the store, does that count towards the bells needed to expand or does it have to be things bought directly in store? Appreciate answers. Thanks. :)

oh!! you mean buying from the catalog? that counts towards the expansions! :D

Would I be able to eventually get me final dreamie if I use the reset trick the day after the campsite is completed? I know it's guaranteed to get a villager each time and I know how to do the reset trick, but has anyone had any success doing this? Please answer, I've asked on other sites, but no one gives me the feedback I need

If I make a new wish on my birthday, and tell my villagers. Will it replace my old wish?

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been answered, but you can have 10 villagers right? Does that include the houses that other players live in? Like I have one house that I play in and my bf has another house in my town.

I know mushrooms and whatnot spawn during November, but can they survive outside of that month? Like, can I plant a mushroom in July? Or will it die ?

I know mushrooms and whatnot spawn during November, but can they survive outside of that month? Like, can I plant a mushroom in July? Or will it die ?

They can survive outside of that month. If you have any stumps with special patterns, you can actually have mushrooms spawn around them all year long as well. But if you either pick up a mushroom and move it somewhere or even just leave it on the ground, you don't have to worry about them dying after mushroom season. The only thing is that I've heard that some people have had issues getting new mushrooms to spawn during November if they already have tons of mushrooms on the ground (again, during the rest of the year, there's no issue as long as you have special stumps, you'll still get mushrooms growing randomly).

Back