• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

What is the closest you can put a street lamp to a house?

If H = House, X = Empty Space, and L = Lamp, would this work?

HHHHHXXL

You can ask Isabelle to go with you to set it up and try the way you want it. If it doesn't work, she'll let you know how many empty spaces you need (measured in steps) between the street lamp and something else. If you don't want it all any other way you can always just cancel it and say you've changed your mind.

Do dandelions/puffs act like normal flowers? If you water them, do they stay fresh or do they disappear?

I don't know but I'd like to know this too... I think they just disappear. :(

Last edited:
it doesn't matter if you water them or not, they'll always disappear a couple?? (or maybe just one not completely sure on this) days after they turn into puffs.

Aww... that's a shame. :( I would have love to had a field of dandelion puffs to wander through.

Aww... that's a shame. :( I would have love to had a field of dandelion puffs to wander through.

if you want to maintain them, you could always just store them before the end of the day and then replant them the next (which is what I do), though obviously this method can get quite tedious if you have a lot lol

I keep on getting my brother's unwanted villagers through streetpass. How do I stop this from happening?

When you switch on your 3DS and get all the game and app options, scroll to the Mii Plaza. There's a toolbox icon in there, you can select it and then choose to switch of Streetpass. You can also switch it off through System Settings, then picking Data Management or something like that.

Question about the theme challenge: do balloons get counted towards my overall point total when using the toy shop theme?

Question(s) about moving villagers and TTing: I traded a villager with someone. When I checked into my game, she was still there, so I TTed forward one day and she wasn't there. I TTed forward another day, to check whether someone would be moving into her spot or not (since I need that spot for a trade). I did all this using a new character I didn't save (except for the first time I check in) and my 3DS clock.

Now, questions:
- If I TT using the game clock forward one day (so that character won't be there) and save as my mayor, will the results be still the same? (Results: empty spot the next day, no new character moving in the day after that).
- If I want to trade with someone to get their villager, is it ok if I TT forward to the next day (so that character will be completely gone from my game), invite the villager I want, and then TT?
- If I'm doing all that, is there a way of making sure none of my other villagers will be moving out? When I TTed forward using the 3DS clock none of them did but since using the game clock works differently, I don't really know how this would work.

What I'm asking is, what's the best way to TT after trading someone out to make sure you have an empty spot without a random move-in, and go get the villager you want from someone else's town?

if you want to maintain them, you could always just store them before the end of the day and then replant them the next (which is what I do), though obviously this method can get quite tedious if you have a lot lol

Oooh, good idea! :D But yeah, it would get monotonous if you have loads to do. I might have a little row of them or decorate my clifftops with them. :)

What is the best way to prep a villager to sell? Twice I've accidentally TT'd out a villager in boxes in an effort to have more time to sell them. I have Marshal right now and I want to get him in boxes to sell, but I'm nervous that I'll screw it up and loose tons of bells.
Basically, when a villager first tells you they're moving, what should you do? How soon should you post that they are for sale? Is their house in boxes the day they tell you their moving, or the day after? Thanks!

They will tell you the date. If they pinged you the day they were first randomly picked to be the mover, it'll be 5 days. I would write down the date they told me, set up the sale, and if he sold, I'd TT to the day he said he was moving. That'll put him in boxes.

If you TT backwards after you get that date, the date will change. If he says he's moving on June 5 and you TT back a day, it'll probably be June 4 that he'll be in boxes now.

Last edited:
I hope no one minds me posting this again as I asked in another thread but I really need an answer asap;

Ok so I'm getting that annoying thing where a villager seems to move into one (awful) location, I've seen people mention building a pwp works but how can I build one when loading as my mayor will lock everything in place?

They will tell you the date. If they pinged you the day they were first randomly picked to be the mover, it'll be 5 days. I would write down the date they told me, set up the sale, and if he sold, I'd TT to the day he said he was moving. That'll put him in boxes.

If you TT backwards after you get that date, the date will change. If he says he's moving on June 5 and you TT back a day, it'll probably be June 4 that he'll be in boxes now.

Thanks! That's very helpful!

I hope no one minds me posting this again as I asked in another thread but I really need an answer asap;

Ok so I'm getting that annoying thing where a villager seems to move into one (awful) location, I've seen people mention building a pwp works but how can I build one when loading as my mayor will lock everything in place?

Use the 3DS clock to TT back to the date that you first invited the villager. Since you have not loaded up the game with your mayor since that day, nothing has saved in your town since that day. Using the 3DS clock to TT back means you can safely load up your mayor on that day and it will be like time hadn't passed.

Start the PWP project in the offending spot. You can also place alt character houses around to block more spots, too. Or use an alt house to auto-demolish a PWP that may be in the way.

Save and then set the 3DS clock back to the current date. Resume plot resetting with a new character.

I haven't been playing in a few weeks. If I load up my game with a new character and everyone's house is still there, am I safe? Or do I also need to check if anyone is in boxes?

Since it's been a few weeks, I'd imagine that anyone who was planning to move out would have already done so. Or is it possible that someone started thinking about moving exactly 5 days ago (even though I haven't been on in weeks) and thus be in boxes exactly today?

I haven't been playing in a few weeks. If I load up my game with a new character and everyone's house is still there, am I safe? Or do I also need to check if anyone is in boxes?

Since it's been a few weeks, I'd imagine that anyone who was planning to move out would have already done so. Or is it possible that someone started thinking about moving exactly 5 days ago (even though I haven't been on in weeks) and thus be in boxes exactly today?
Movers can only be chosen on days you actually load up the game, so if you haven't played in weeks then I don't think it's possible for anyone to be in boxes today. If anyone was planning to move when you last played then their house would just be gone. If no one was planning to move, then you should be safe but there'll probably be a new mover when you load up with your mayor.

Last edited:
Movers can only be chosen on days you actually load up the game, so if you haven't played in weeks then I don't think it's possible for anyone to be in boxes today. If anyone was planning to move when you last played then their house would just be gone. If no one was planning to move, then you should be safe but there'll probably be a new mover when you load up with your mayor.
That makes sense. Thank you for answering. :)

How do you grow normal trees with money?

You have to bury a bag of Bells with the Golden Shovel. I believe the minimum amount you have to plant is 1000 Bells, but I'm not sure on that. This is also how you get Money Trees, but you have basically no chance of getting a Money Tree if you only plant 1000 Bells. I'm guessing that you just want a quick way to plant more regular trees without waiting for Leif to restock, though.

So I'm gonna start doing HHA theme challenges (rustic) and I'm thinking about using a few gyroids. On a guide I read online it says:
"Item that can't be used because it's facing a wall or is behind something" which would cause a -10,000 point penalty. Are gyroids considered interactable? I wanna know before I start positioning everything (Gonna try to max out a room with one theme)

Back