• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

ohmygod I have a question and I hope someone can help me o:
I got a 10th villager in my town and I don't want her because I have 9 dreamies already.. how can I make her move out when she was the last one who moved in? ): can I only do that by getting rid of one of my dreamies?

It's still debated whether you can get the 10th villager out or not. I believe you can, it's just harder and takes longer for some reason. At any rate, I'd try it before I let a Dreamie go.

You can try introducing yourself, then ignoring afterwards until they decide to move. Or you can befriend them until they are best friends with you. Some say they're immune to moving until someone else has moved out and someone else in, others say they're immune until someone else has pinged to move, then they're no longer immune to moving, even if you deny the other villager's request. But like I said, I'd try it myself before letting a Dreamie go.

It's still debated whether you can get the 10th villager out or not. I believe you can, it's just harder and takes longer for some reason. At any rate, I'd try it before I let a Dreamie go.

You can try introducing yourself, then ignoring afterwards until they decide to move. Or you can befriend them until they are best friends with you. Some say they're immune to moving until someone else has moved out and someone else in, others say they're immune until someone else has pinged to move, then they're no longer immune to moving, even if you deny the other villager's request. But like I said, I'd try it myself before letting a Dreamie go.

ah thank you ;_; I don't know if I really wanna try to spend more time into doing this I just wanted to be done with kicking villagers out but when I don't want them they just bug me. I'll try to move her out though, if it doesn't work I have to say goodbye to one of my villagers ):. Thanks!

I got my fortune told by Katrina today, She said "mens top".
I tried looking "mens" top/shirt , even just plain "Men" in the ACNL database and nothing came up.
What does she mean "mens" top? Like anything that's not a dress? Or maybe like "Sporty" vs "cute".
I'm so confused!

I got my fortune told by Katrina today, She said "mens top".
I tried looking "mens" top/shirt , even just plain "Men" in the ACNL database and nothing came up.
What does she mean "mens" top? Like anything that's not a dress? Or maybe like "Sporty" vs "cute".
I'm so confused!

When you purchase an accessory from Label, she will tell you the gender the item is meant for (eg: "This is a unisex item, so it looks good on both men and women") The shirts and bottoms you buy also have a gender it's meant for, but I don't think Mabel tells you.

You can check out this site: http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/faqs/67453 for the genders. Search for "masculine" under the tops heading.

If I have immature fruit trees in my town, will TT'ing via changing the systems clock bypass the fruit trees wilting? (if it even has any affect at all).

I don't completely understand, but if you TT, they will instantly grow. If they wilted when you planted them, they will just be gone.

I just read somewhere that TT'ing will make trees that aren't fully grown die. Unless it was meant for another AC game.

I haven't had any trees die on me due to time traveling, and I had several in different growth stages.
I think one of the only things that make them die during TT is when they have bad location, but then they would also die after a few normal days.

Not entirely, but this is my own experience ^^

I just read somewhere that TT'ing will make trees that aren't fully grown die. Unless it was meant for another AC game.

Certainly not this one. I do it all the time. If I TT ahead and back after just planting a tree, I end up with a fully grown tree with fruit! I don't recommend TTing for that purpose, but it happens when I'm TTing for other reasons.

I believe peanut cannot currently move??, but someone else could definitely be on track to move, and other villagers in your town who aren't sick will let you know.
I've chatted with the other villagers, all so far mentioned "I heard Peanut caught a cold..." instead of moving rumours... :/

I've got a question about not getting badges from Phineas. I've looked around a lot to see if other people were having my problem, but most people seem to have been having problems with him not showing up at all. My problem is, I KNOW I qualify for a badge (Village Leader, 200 hours), and he hasn't given it to me, but he has shown up to give me other badges after the time I would have qualified for Village Leader. I'm worried if I'm ever going to get the badge? I've only TT'd once (I heard it's possible this could affect it?) which was to move backwards in time about 9 days to do an event I had missed, but I hadn't turned on my game for about 3 months at that point anyway. When I was done I moved forward to the correct date and haven't touched the time since. I believe I got up to 200 hours after I did this, so maybe it's possible I screwed it up? IDK. If anyone knows a solution, that would be awesome :\

I've got a question about not getting badges from Phineas. I've looked around a lot to see if other people were having my problem, but most people seem to have been having problems with him not showing up at all. My problem is, I KNOW I qualify for a badge (Village Leader, 200 hours), and he hasn't given it to me, but he has shown up to give me other badges after the time I would have qualified for Village Leader. I'm worried if I'm ever going to get the badge? I've only TT'd once (I heard it's possible this could affect it?) which was to move backwards in time about 9 days to do an event I had missed, but I hadn't turned on my game for about 3 months at that point anyway. When I was done I moved forward to the correct date and haven't touched the time since. I believe I got up to 200 hours after I did this, so maybe it's possible I screwed it up? IDK. If anyone knows a solution, that would be awesome :\
Phineas is lazy, i tell you! Yes, he will eventually give you the badge, but it may take a while.

In your 3DS system, there's a statistics page. There should be some info in there some where that will tell you how much time you've spent playing each game. This'll let you know for sure how much time you've logged in ACNL.

Is there any other way to get foreign fruit besides Isabelle and going to another persons town?

Villagers will rarely give you non-native fruit in mail or as rewards.

- - - Post Merge - - -

In your 3DS system, there's a statistics page. There should be some info in there some where that will tell you how much time you've spent playing each game. This'll let you know for sure how much time you've logged in ACNL.

For the most part, this will help. But the statistics page also takes into consideration the loading screen and load up, which the game and Phineas badge does not take into account. Of course, it won't be a very long time if you don't spend forever on the loading screen, but the time adds up, especially if you cycle.

TY!
Aww well I hope I get lucky and I get some good fruit ._.

Another question (well a series of questions) I've been meaning to ask:

How exactly does obtaining villagers from street pass work?
I like street pass in order to see others houses in HHA but I don't want any of there villagers.
If I streetpass another person with ACNL will I always get there villagers or only if they recently moved in there town?

What happens if I have 9 villagers and I have someone from the campsite that agreed to move? (will the streetpass villager stop him/her from moving?)

What happens If I have 10 villagers and one moves out, will a villager from streetpass move in even if I had not streetpassed in a while?

Hopefully this makes sense, I'm just unsure how all of this works ._.

TY!
Aww well I hope I get lucky and I get some good fruit ._.

Another question (well a series of questions) I've been meaning to ask:

How exactly does obtaining villagers from street pass work?
I like street pass in order to see others houses in HHA but I don't want any of there villagers.
If I streetpass another person with ACNL will I always get there villagers or only if they recently moved in there town?

What happens if I have 9 villagers and I have someone from the campsite that agreed to move? (will the streetpass villager stop him/her from moving?)

What happens If I have 10 villagers and one moves out, will a villager from streetpass move in even if I had not streetpassed in a while?

Hopefully this makes sense, I'm just unsure how all of this works ._.

When you streetpass someone, or let someone visit your town, or you visiting them, you may pick up a villager from that towns void pool. This only happens if a villager in their town has moved out very recently. If you invited someone form your campsite before a streetpass villager has placed their plot, your safe. A villager from each streetpass only has the chance to move in ONCE. You have to streetpass that user again to try to pick up someting from their void pool. If you have 10 villagers and one moves out, and you haven't streetpassed = No streetpass move in.
I think thats right.

Last edited:
Back