• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Anyone wanna explain this plot reset kinda thing you do to get villagers in the campsite?

Anyone wanna explain this plot reset kinda thing you do to get villagers in the campsite?

Campsite Reset Trick: You don’t have to save your new character if there isn’t a camper you’re happy with, you just need to reset.

1. TT to a new day via 3DS settings.
2. Create a new character and run to the campsite. If there’s a tent, good for you! Check to see if it’s a camper you like. If not, reset (home button, close ACNL game).
3. If you like the camper, talk to Isabelle, create a house plot, then talk to Isabelle again to save your game.
4. Quit from your new character. Your town is now saved with the camper you like. You may delete your new character.
5. Log into your game with your mayor. Make sure you are on the SAME day.
6. The camper will be waiting for you at the campsite. Yay!

[Tip: Chances of a camper arriving are higher on different days. If you’re not getting campers, TT to another day. Be careful not to lose any villagers if you have more than 8.]

Hi, I have a problem connecting online. I invited someone over, and they keep trying to come, but they keep getting an error. I added them just fine, so I don't know what the problem is! This is my first time using New Leaf online, so could it be my game? Please help, I need wifi to get my dreamie!

Hi, I have a problem connecting online. I invited someone over, and they keep trying to come, but they keep getting an error. I added them just fine, so I don't know what the problem is! This is my first time using New Leaf online, so could it be my game? Please help, I need wifi to get my dreamie!

It's likely an issue with your router. When I am back home I can't connect online because of my router, but it works fine when I am at my university house. Not really too sure how to fix it so I can't help in that regard. :(

It's likely an issue with your router. When I am back home I can't connect online because of my router, but it works fine when I am at my university house. Not really too sure how to fix it so I can't help in that regard. :(

But I've played online on pokemon and mario kart, why won't it work for AC? I did have a problem with pokemon pearl in the past, but I thought they updated it so it would work. Is this not the case? Why is it just AC having the problem?

But I've played online on pokemon and mario kart, why won't it work for AC? I did have a problem with pokemon pearl in the past, but I thought they updated it so it would work. Is this not the case? Why is it just AC having the problem?

Yeah, it's something with AC. Pokemon works fine for me too.

Campsite Reset Trick: You don’t have to save your new character if there isn’t a camper you’re happy with, you just need to reset.

1. TT to a new day via 3DS settings.
2. Create a new character and run to the campsite. If there’s a tent, good for you! Check to see if it’s a camper you like. If not, reset (home button, close ACNL game).
3. If you like the camper, talk to Isabelle, create a house plot, then talk to Isabelle again to save your game.
4. Quit from your new character. Your town is now saved with the camper you like. You may delete your new character.
5. Log into your game with your mayor. Make sure you are on the SAME day.
6. The camper will be waiting for you at the campsite. Yay!

[Tip: Chances of a camper arriving are higher on different days. If you’re not getting campers, TT to another day. Be careful not to lose any villagers if you have more than 8.]
Ah okay, that's what I have been doing. Except I'm not TT'ing. And yeh I was wondering about the "ratio" or whatever since I've been doing it a couple of times each day and not a single tent has appeared. Thanks for your help! Hopefully I'll get a bit more lucky soon.

Ah okay, that's what I have been doing. Except I'm not TT'ing. And yeh I was wondering about the "ratio" or whatever since I've been doing it a couple of times each day and not a single tent has appeared. Thanks for your help! Hopefully I'll get a bit more lucky soon.

I like to go until I start the day with a camper. If I already have one, I feel there's a better chance I can get one again the same day.

Not that I TT, but if I did. XD

God I hate voided villagers.

Anyway, so I'm moving someone out and someone is coming to pick him up. However, they don't have a space at the moment so they are moving someone else out and is voiding them. So if he comes to my town to pick up the villager I am moving out, and he moves out etc. does the data saves that I am getting his voided villager? What if I pick someone else up right after or something?

I'm planning to do major camp reset trick to get a better villager than the one he's going to void so will the camper move in? Or did the voided villager beat it to the 10th spot? ;x; I'm so confused.

God I hate voided villagers.

Anyway, so I'm moving someone out and someone is coming to pick him up. However, they don't have a space at the moment so they are moving someone else out and is voiding them. So if he comes to my town to pick up the villager I am moving out, and he moves out etc. does the data saves that I am getting his voided villager? What if I pick someone else up right after or something?

I'm planning to do major camp reset trick to get a better villager than the one he's going to void so will the camper move in? Or did the voided villager beat it to the 10th spot? ;x; I'm so confused.

There is a chance you could get the voided villager, yes. My suggestion? If you camp reset, stay on the same day--or even if you're going to adopt one. Either of this villagers will override a void move-in.

There is a chance you could get the voided villager, yes. My suggestion? If you camp reset, stay on the same day--or even if you're going to adopt one. Either of this villagers will override a void move-in.

Thank you so much! <3

Can anyone suggest me a floor that is similar to the cabin rug (or any other floor that is basically hardwood floor with a rug on it) but more in the green or pink tones? Thanks!

Last edited:
Only really the green rug:

751.jpg

I guess the egg floor isn't too off:

757.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! Hmmmm the flooring on the green rug isn't really the color I want it to be...
I guess I will try it though as soon as it shows up in my shop.

If I have a vacancy, wifi trade with someone, and then set my 3DS clock ahead a month and go in as a new character and don't see a plot, am I fairly safe to assume I didn't pick up a voided villager? I just have to be super careful right now since I'm trying to keep a spot in which to move Freya.

If I lost the final minigame with a camping villager, will he ask me again to move here or do I have to quit without saving?

Can someone tell me how the turnip thing really works? When you try to sell turnips in someone elses town and you bought a lot.. do you put them in your closet or do you leave the town and come back again?? I might wanna start buying turnips but I don't know how people usually do this

Can someone tell me how the turnip thing really works? When you try to sell turnips in someone elses town and you bought a lot.. do you put them in your closet or do you leave the town and come back again?? I might wanna start buying turnips but I don't know how people usually do this

Fill your closet, then you can pick them up at the train station locker to keep selling them. :) That way you don't need to make multiple trips to and from the town.

Back