• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I can confirm this. I've tried it multiple times and plotted Ketchup in the desired area and other villagers didn't ever have a plot on patterns. I'm surprised there are still people doubting this, I thought it was a confirmed fact by now. But yes, it's true.

That's awesome! I actually pretty much considered it fact, but I saw somebody say a villager plotted on top of their path after the update, which made me second guess everything. Thank you for confirming :)

I see this abbreviation a lot used in trading for villagers and items. What does tbt mean as opposed to igb? Igb is in game bells right?

I see this abbreviation a lot used in trading for villagers and items. What does tbt mean as opposed to igb? Igb is in game bells right?
Yes igb means in game bells. Tbt means the bell tree bells. You have 19 bells right now, it's the number under your post count.

TBT refers to the "Bells" you have on this site. You can see how many you have in your sidebar <- To send some to another member, click on "Currency" at the top of the page and then click on "Bells" and fill out the form.

Ketchup moved out of my town and I am trying to get her back. In order to to that, I kicked out 16 villager with my amiibo cards but she is still on my main street?! Is it not possible to cycle through 16 villager with amiibo cards? Or do they all have to be 16 different villager? Because I used about 5 cards over and over...

Ketchup moved out of my town and I am trying to get her back. In order to to that, I kicked out 16 villager with my amiibo cards but she is still on my main street?! Is it not possible to cycle through 16 villager with amiibo cards? Or do they all have to be 16 different villager? Because I used about 5 cards over and over...

they have to be 16 different villagers i'm pretty sure, but you can get her back if you have her amiibo card.

I TT at least 20-30 times but my amiibo villagers never ask to move out... Il that normal? Only my normal villagers that I want to keep asks for it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I TT at least 20-30 times but my amiibo villagers never ask to move out... Is that normal? Only my normal villagers that I want to keep asks for it.

I sold one of my towns to Tom Nook, but I don't like any of the maps Rover is showing me. If I turn the game off and restart to pick from four new maps, will I lose the money Tom Nook was going to give me?

Edit: Nevermind, you CAN map reset if you sell your town...but at the cost of it taking 6 times as long because you have to go through the process of selling your town to Tom Nook every. single. time. This is gonna be frustrating.

Last edited:
I sold one of my towns to Tom Nook, but I don't like any of the maps Rover is showing me. If I turn the game off and restart to pick from four new maps, will I lose the money Tom Nook was going to give me?

If you turn off your game, you will have to go through all of Isabelle and Tom Nook's dialogue since you haven't saved. Your old save file will be back, you just need to go and try to sell your town again. (I'm getting my info from this article here if you want some reassurance https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....stions_about_selling_your_town/?client=safari )

I'm not sure where to ask but I'm so confused about the amiibo cards in this game. I have all series 1 and got some series 4 but some characters are the same as series 1 but the cards are different numbers. I also scanned Resetti's card and all he did was show up and give me a kiddie clock but his van isn't here or anything. What is the point of scanning these cards?

If I'm missing some Toy Day requests is there any way to get the villagers to cough them up on the day of? If not, will time traveling back to yesterday risk a villager moving out? I don't TT a lot so I can't tell. I also just had someone move out on the 22nd. I don't want to screw up their presents :(

I'm not sure where to ask but I'm so confused about the amiibo cards in this game. I have all series 1 and got some series 4 but some characters are the same as series 1 but the cards are different numbers. I also scanned Resetti's card and all he did was show up and give me a kiddie clock but his van isn't here or anything. What is the point of scanning these cards?

The early cards don't give you an RV. You have to have the Welcome Amiibo cards for that. For special characters, you have to scan the amiibo figures for their RVs. Otherwise, they just give you something.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If I'm missing some Toy Day requests is there any way to get the villagers to cough them up on the day of? If not, will time traveling back to yesterday risk a villager moving out? I don't TT a lot so I can't tell. I also just had someone move out on the 22nd. I don't want to screw up their presents :(

Time traveling will actually change what gifts they want. There is a slight risk they could move out. The best thing you can do if you don't mind cheating is to hand out gifts and quit without saving if you get them wrong. Through elimination, you can figure it out.

And am I seriously looking at an avatar of Jack Nance? Mind. Blown.

Back