• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

How in the world can you get a silver axe!? I have literally spent two hours going in and out of the island so that it resets the stock of the shop, but Grams never EVER stocks a silver axe... I have almost spent 100,000 bells *just* on commuting to the island. Is there any way to improve the chances of getting the silver axe? Thanks in advance.

There isn't a way to improve your chances of finding one. It's just random. I've seen it a handful of times on my island just going there for beetle hunting. If you really want to find one yourself, just be patient and wait for it to show up instead of trying to force it by island hopping. Otherwise, buy one from someone or try to find someone who has it on their island.

This has probably been asked before, (or maybe not) but can you adopt Sanrio neighbors from someone else?

If they're in boxes then yes, you should be able to. Not from their RVs though.

Thanks!

And on another note, how long does it take for villagers scanned in with amiibo cards to ask to leave?

Last edited:
has anyone seen Chip in his RV at their campground yet? I haven't seen so many characters in RVs and it makes me wonder if having them appear is triggered by a specific set of events/circumstances, or I just have incredibly bad luck.

has anyone seen Chip in his RV at their campground yet? I haven't seen so many characters in RVs and it makes me wonder if having them appear is triggered by a specific set of events/circumstances, or I just have incredibly bad luck.

You probably just have bad luck. I get Chip fairly often, and I don't do anything specific :)

is it possible to use fertilizer next to a fruit tree (one native to your town) in order to get perfect fruits to spawn and, if so, what's the sequence to get them to spawn? my friend didn't plant the perfect fruit that spawned with their village and now we're trying to get their native fruit to grow perfect so they can plant more perfect fruit trees.

I read a snowman guide recently and it says you can build up to 2 snowmen each day. After I make one, how long do I have to wait until the 2 snowballs respawn? Also, today there's a meter shower, does that mean I won't be able to collect snowflakes for the snowmam?

Last edited:
I read a snowman guide recently and it says you can build up to 2 snowmen each day. After I make one, how long do I have to wait until the 2 snowballs respawn? Also, today there's a meter shower, does that mean I don't be able to collect snowflakes for the snowmam?

I have never been able to build two snowmen in one day. In fact, I think that guide is wrong and you can only build one a day.
You can collect snowflakes even if it's not snowing, so you shouldn't have any problem in finding them.

I have never been able to build two snowmen in one day. In fact, I think that guide is wrong and you can only build one a day.
You can collect snowflakes even if it's not snowing, so you shouldn't have any problem in finding them.

How do I find snowflakes when it's not snowing? I've only seen some when snowing.

Is there a way to get a villager (not moved in by amiibo) to ping and move out faster? I have an amiibo I wanna move in, but I don't want them to plot in the same spot ;-; it's too close to my house

If it's snowing and i time travel to get a villager out and then go back, will it be snowing again in my town???

If it's snowing and i time travel to get a villager out and then go back, will it be snowing again in my town???

I think it will. Every day is "fixed", so to speak, so the game decides what the weather is going to be like and that means that if the game decides it will rain at 4PM on September 20th 2016, it will always be raining at that time, even if you time travel. It's better explained here though (last paragraph).

I dont know if this has been answered yet but i have a few questions,

1: i heard a rumor that houses cannot move onto paths, so now you can place paths down to get the perfect villager house placement. Is this true?
2: i hear alot of talk about a fairy wig or something like that. Is that the name and if it is please could you post a photo so i can see what it looks like,
3: can you move out villagers using amiboo cards

I dont know if this has been answered yet but i have a few questions,

1: i heard a rumor that houses cannot move onto paths, so now you can place paths down to get the perfect villager house placement. Is this true?
2: i hear alot of talk about a fairy wig or something like that. Is that the name and if it is please could you post a photo so i can see what it looks like,
3: can you move out villagers using amiboo cards

1. I would like to know if this is true, too. I've covered my town with patterns just in case, but can anyone confirm or have proof otherwise?
2. The fairy wig is a prize from puzzle league: flower-fairy-wig.jpg
3. If you are at the 10 villager limit, you can kick out a villager when trying to move one in via amiibo card. If you have 9 villagers or less, you cannot. They will just take another spot.

1. I would like to know if this is true, too. I've covered my town with patterns just in case, but can anyone confirm or have proof otherwise?

I can confirm this. I've tried it multiple times and plotted Ketchup in the desired area and other villagers didn't ever have a plot on patterns. I'm surprised there are still people doubting this, I thought it was a confirmed fact by now. But yes, it's true.

Back