Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I'm curious- For some reason in my newest cartridge's town my villagers seem to like falling off of the cliff onto the beach for a lack of better terms. I can't really place why, but they end up stuck down there until I save and quit I believe? It's a bit annoying at times.

Hi, I have a question about selling my town. If I were to sell my town and then keep resetting to get a good map, would I still get the money?

Question about the town plaza tree. I've played over 500 hours, but can't be sure if I've played over 500 days. Well actually, it seems I haven't played over 500 days because my tree is still on the second to last growth phase. I just wanted to make sure...playing 500 days means starting the game up on 500 new/different days, right? But does that count for in-game days, or 3DS clock days? And there's no way to check how many days you've played right?

I have a question regarding the villagers.
I had previously nine villagers, then I got Filbert from another town (a cycling one), filling the last slot. Then Rodney moved, leaving that slot free.
My question is, will that tenth slot remain vacant/is there a way to keep it empty?

I have a question regarding the villagers.
I had previously nine villagers, then I got Filbert from another town (a cycling one), filling the last slot. Then Rodney moved, leaving that slot free.
My question is, will that tenth slot remain vacant/is there a way to keep it empty?

It will stay that way unless you trade with someone band they have a villager in that void. If they don't go to a town with 10 villagers and clear that void there is a chance that villager will move into your town.

I scanned Mable's amiibo with my mayor and ordered furniture just fine. Then, I tried with a secondary villager and the van is closed! It seems I can only visit her with my mayor, why?

I scanned Mable's amiibo with my mayor and ordered furniture just fine. Then, I tried with a secondary villager and the van is closed! It seems I can only visit her with my mayor, why?

I have no idea if this is actually a reason why it could be closed but do you have Wisp's lamp on the other account? Because if not, that might be the problem.

Last edited:
Silly question about the new update.

I have an old 3DS, and I'd like to use the Series 1-4 Amiibo cards to move in some dreamies. Do I need to have an NFC reader to use them?

Silly question about the new update.

I have an old 3DS, and I'd like to use the Series 1-4 Amiibo cards to move in some dreamies. Do I need to have an NFC reader to use them?

Yes. Yes you do.

Quick question... Can you ask the new villagers (#50 Welcome Amiibo) to move into your town through someone else's RV, just as you would if they were in boxes?

Quick question... Can you ask the new villagers (#50 Welcome Amiibo) to move into your town through someone else's RV, just as you would if they were in boxes?

No, the RV on the campground work pretty much the same as the campsite. You can come visit, but people from other towns cannot invite them to move in.

what is the new amethyst tank item? I thought there was already an amethyst tank. I'm confused

edit: figured it out. the amethyst tank was previously known as the amethyst tee.

but now: does this mean the tee was actually... made a tee? or is it just gone? :|

Last edited:
Can you plant bushes inbetween trees without them dying or would you have to plant them all at once? like say x=tree and o=bush
can i do xoxoxo without any of them withering without planting them all at once?

Back