Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I just read that you can only have 30 PWPs at once, is that true? Because I swear I've seen towns with way more than that..

Your original bridge doesn't count toward the 30 either. However, if you chose to replace it in the same spot, it'll still count.

is there anyway to check whether or not you've cycled through the required villagers to have the same villager in your town again?

Not really. They won't show up on Main Street anymore, but they don't show up every single day anyway. If you never see them on Main Street, that's the only real way. It's best to keep their letters in order at the post office.

Just to make sure if I bury my fossils and pitfall on the beach, will they spawn again in my town?

Do dandelions count as weeds? I heard somewhere they didn't but I'm not sure.
And by "count as weeds" I mean will they keep you from achieving a perfect town.

Do dandelions count as weeds? I heard somewhere they didn't but I'm not sure.
And by "count as weeds" I mean will they keep you from achieving a perfect town.

They don't, no matter if they are in flower form or puff form.

Suppose you are having a hard time to cycle 16 villagers to get your little hamster back.
Suppose it is hard for you because you want to keep eight villagers.
Suppose you have a town where you could actually hold these villagers/get them back at some point.

Would it be a stupid idea to cycle about 25 villagers using a method that allows you to get any villager in boxes, and then re adopt your wanted villagers with the possibility to plot reset for them? Supposing you don't care about plots etc.

Long story short: as anyone ever moved out a dreamie accidentally, then moved out every dreamie and got them all back together in the end? If so, would they recommend it?

I hope my question is clear enough ._. I don't think I'd do it though (too time consuming)

Suppose you are having a hard time to cycle 16 villagers to get your little hamster back.
Suppose you have a town where you could actually hold these villagers/get them back at some point.

Would it be a stupid idea to cycle about 25 villagers using a method that allows you to get any villager in boxes, and then re adopt your wanted villagers with the possibility to plot reset for them? Supposing you don't care about plots etc.

Long story short: as anyone ever moved out a dreamie accidentally, then moved out every dreamie and got them all back together in the end? If so, would they recommend it?

I hope my question is clear enough ._. I don't think I'd do it though (too time consuming)

I have never done that myself, but I wouldn't recommend it. You might lose more dreamies in the process, a villager might not move back in, your town layout might be entirely wrecked, and there's more that I can't think of on the top of my head.

Yes looooong time ago, when i accidentally tt'd Drago into boxes, I made the decision to moved out every dreamie i had in my town which was around 7/10 at that time. I made this decision because most of them, i didn't like where they had plotted their house and I was also inspired by dream towns to get all my villager houses into rows. The fact that I lost Drago, one of my top dreamies made the decision even easier. However, I had a second game where I could hold all the dreamies I moved out. I got all my dreamies back within 1 week. This method is less time consuming AND less stressful than the regular 16 villager cycle where you have to worry about your current dreamies possibly moving out.

Honestly, I feel this method is way easier ONLY if you have a 2nd town or a close friend who is an experience cycler to hold your dreamies for you.

Last edited:
@Sholee: Really? Like FireNinja1, I thought it was a complicated way. I want to buy another cartridge and 3DS for cycling so I could start by moving my villagers first from my main town and then cycle... I'll think about it!
Question though: how did you get all your seven dreamies in your other town? I mean, when you start a town, you have 5 villagers. Did you first take five of your dreamies and then TTed in your second town to get one of the five starters in boxes so you could have room for your last two dreamies?
Sorry if my question isn't super clear... And thank you very much for your advice so far!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh and also: were your paths/bushes/trees completely messed up?

Last edited:
@Sholee: Really? Like FireNinja1, I thought it was a complicated way. I want to buy another cartridge and 3DS for cycling so I could start by moving my villagers first from my main town and then cycle... I'll think about it!
Question though: how did you get all your seven dreamies in your other town? I mean, when you start a town, you have 5 villagers. Did you first take five of your dreamies and then TTed in your second town to get one of the five starters in boxes so you could have room for your last two dreamies?
Sorry if my question isn't super clear... And thank you very much for your advice so far!

Yep, just like you said, I took 5 dreamies first into my other town and moved out 2 of the originals to fit my last 2 dreamies. Once you start moving dreamies back into your main town, you cant use the cycling method which puts any villagers in boxes, you'll have to do it the old fashion way but it's still faster than doing a 16 villager cycle with only 2-3 villagers that can move in and out.

Yep, just like you said, I took 5 dreamies first into my other town and moved out 2 of the originals to fit my last 2 dreamies. Once you start moving dreamies back into your main town, you cant use the cycling method which puts any villagers in boxes, you'll have to do it the old fashion way but it's still faster than doing a 16 villager cycle with only 2-3 villagers that can move in and out.

Right. What I could do is just make sure no villager moves out of the second until I'm done cycling with my main town.
Thank you very much for your help! :)

Also, was your town a mess after? If I do it I'll take all my hybrids and put them in the beach but I'll also gather fruits in case villagers move on every tree...

Back