Are you particular about what your villagers wear?

CylieDanny

🔥The Spicy Prince🔥
Bells
Island
Fuggire
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Fortune Cookie
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
I for the most part just let them wear what ever they want, but sometimes Ill call them out.

I enjoy seeing the outfits they come up, it shows off their personality and expression. cause I do give them a wide verity to play eith.. But I have told on them a few times. Because well. Baby bib. Nah. Honestly thats tje only thing id rather tjey not wear (makes me uncomfortable and idk why)

I know some people are really particular, in certaim themes I see people only allowing them to wear clothimg that fits they're theme. Or just super nit picky for clothing that fits they're personality.

But do you care about their outfits or nah?​

Last edited:
I have honestly never thought about changing villagers clothes (unless they ask for something in my pocket?) I love to get to know my villagers, their personalities and likes/dislikes. It is who they are and why would I change that?

I'm usually fine with whatever. I just hate plain white shirts because it looks weird.
I do find it kinda sad that since you can decorate the interior of their houses, you don't see any random changes anymore in their house. I honestly would like to see the random changes continue, because you could always just redecorate it if it is really bad or if you're wanting to get picky about it.
I do feel like the next game will probably allow you to fill their dresser with outfits.

not really. when i gift my villagers clothing, i try to give them stuff that i think they’ll look good in and that match their favourite colour/style, but that’s about it. i’m not mad when my villagers give each other clothes, even when i think they look silly. my villagers have no sense of style whatsoever sometimes, but i enjoy seeing the outfits they come up with with what they got. sometimes it’s cute (ex. sprinkle pairing her café uniform with a beret), sometimes it looks silly as hell (ex. sprinkle wearing a fairy dress and a striped mage’s hat). i think it adds character lol

Last edited:
I agree with pretty much everyone here, I don't mind it when my villagers give each other clothes (and items). If anything, I think it adds to their personality a bit. I also let them buy pretty much any piece of clothing or accessories I have in my inventory when they ask for it, unless it's from mom or a NPC. I don't buy clothes to my villagers that often but I do try to give them clothes that I think would look good on them.

Oh, and it's always a joy to see them walking around with my custom designs on. Never fails to bring a smile to my face. (❁´◡`❁)

I'm very picky when it comes to villager clothing. Most of the time it has to make sense with their personality and appearance, and I'll go straight to Isabelle if I see someone wearing something outrageous. For example, I've seen Lopez wear a yellow peasant blouse on random occasions. Don't get me wrong, he's one of my favorite smug villagers, but ehhhhh. I really don't want him wearing that. It's definitely not for guys like him.

I actually kicked out a villager (Apollo) because he kept on wearing a black knit tank top that made him look, uh, adventurous. I don't want to be weirded out by these things, okay?

Another time, I tried to give Poncho a red rain hat so he could somewhat resemble Paddington bear on rainy days, but he only wears it while it's sunny. I have to talk to Isabelle now every time he wears it in the sunshine. So much for that...

I would love to have my villagers wear designs that others made, but I can't draw and have to resort to normal clothes. Oh well.

I would love to have my villagers wear designs that others made, but I can't draw and have to resort to normal clothes. Oh well.
You likely already know this, but you can have the creator of the design upload it to your Able Sisters shop. I previously had the creator of some very nice hockey jerseys put them on display in my tailor. I loved seeing my villagers wearing hockey apparel.

You likely already know this, but you can have the creator of the design upload it to your Able Sisters shop. I previously had the creator of some very nice hockey jerseys put them on display in my tailor. I loved seeing my villagers wearing hockey apparel.
Interesting. I don't really know of any artists that play the game so I'm kind of out of luck there. But at least the option's there.

I'm particular about it to an extent, yeah. I'm fine with them changing clothes, but sometimes they choose something that doesn't go well with their character design so I'll complain to Isabelle and have it removed. Because they'll sometimes choose to display clothes in their house if you send something to them in the mail, I've opted never to mail my villagers any clothes. This means that most of my villagers stick to their default attire.

I don't like when the other villagers gift them something the complete opposite of their style/colour preference.... unless it looks so weird that it's hilarious. And I don't like when I gift them something so I can take cute pictures of them in it and they refuse to wear it 😡 (I know I can just go to Harv's but it's not the same as seeing them walking around in it!).

But what I hate the most is that I made a custom design, displayed it, realized I didn't like it, and now I have a blank design there that my villagers keep wearing and it infuriates me 😒 I'm too shy to go find someone to replace it with their own nice design, so it's been annoying me for years...

i gift my homies clothing that matches their favourite style and colour (though i sort of have regrets about gifting bones a brown mod parka).
i'll let them know if i'm not a fan of something another villager's gifted them so that hopefully they don't wear it.. custom design-wise, saw cherry wear someone's green dress that they put into my able's, sort of annoying tbh ;_;

I’m generally picky with what I give them, will looks through clothes and pick out what I think will suit them best to gift them. On the other hand though I also feel bad saying no to them so when they ask for an awful piece of clothing I happen to be carrying around they do end up getting that as well and if they want to wear it they can.

I don't think I'm picky, as much as I'm thoughtful about what I gift them. I like to gift them clothes in styles and colours that I think they'd like. However, if they asked to buy something from my pockets, I'll give it to them, it's no problem. If I deliver a gift to them from another villager, and they ask how it looks, I'll just choose the more honest option. I don't mind too much what they wear, but I do like to gift them specific styles. 😊

Not usually, I let them wear whatever they wanted lol

Yeah I am someone who gets bothered if they are wearing ugly stuff. Before they added the ability to remove items from a villagers closet this would drive me crazy. I accidentally gave Axel a nurse's jacket at one point early on and I was in and out of Isabelle's office constantly to have to get him to stop wearing it.

Not really, sometimes I gift them random things and when they wear them I’m like oop that looks dumb but I don’t try to get them to stop wearing it or anything

I don't really mind what they wear. They can do whatever they want. I hardly interact with them anyway lol

Back