• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Are There Any Villagers That Remind You of Someone IRL?

TN4U

Lone Wolf of the Starfields
Bells
Island
Wahu
Yellow Star Fragment
Green Crescent Moon
Space Whale Plush
Green Crescent Moon
Galaxolotl Star Fragment
Pretty self-explanatory. Without using real names (unless the similarity is to your pet or a known celebrity), which villagers remind you of people you know in the real world? I'll name a few:
  • Judy reminds me of someone in my friend group from high school that had beautiful eyes just like her. We talked for a bit past graduation, and then her family moved away a year later. We randomly met again several months ago, but by then, she had completely lost interest in my friend group. It's a shame, really, but I guess you have to move on being an adult at some point.
  • Skye is another villager that reminds me of someone else in high school, probably because of Skye's HHP request being an art class. I remember being in a Photoshop class my junior year, and we could choose our seats. She sat next to me, voluntarily. We had already known each other for a few years, so every day we would talk about pretty much anything, and we were both very happy to see each other. Unfortunately, I could never express my feelings for her all throughout school, as she was always cycling one boyfriend to another, and it all just sort of died off after graduation. I would love to see her again, but alas, the chances are slim once everyone goes their separate ways, and I just choose not to bother anyone I haven't talked to in years if I still follow them on social media.
  • Raymond heavily reminds me of David Bowie with glasses. Due to me being a huge fan of old rock music, I made the similarity almost instantly when I first saw Raymond. Bowie had mismatched-colored eyes just like Raymond, and the cat's smug personality sort of reminds me of Bowie's many personalities he had throughout his career. Raymond's puffy blonde hair also reminds me of the hairstyle Bowie had in the early 2000's. I don't know if anyone else can picture Raymond the same as me, but that's how I view him.
  • Last but not least, Dotty is a female version of my childhood pet. This is a major reason why I love her so much, and thus have no shame in showing her off more often than a lot of the male villagers. If one of the toy companies that made licensed plushies made Dotty, I'd get her in a heartbeat.
Soooo, who reminds you of who and why?

Last edited:
just twoโ€” joey and nana. joey has always reminded me of a classmate i had in middle and high school. they share the same name, and their eyebrows are pretty similar as well in terms of colour and bushiness LOL

nana reminds me of my momโ€™s late mother, especially since sheโ€™s passed away. back when she was still alive and we still had a relationship, i used to call her nana.

The only villager that reminds me of someone else is Walker who looks similar to my dog Hans.

Not a โ€œvillagerโ€ villager, but Isabelle reminds me of one of my childhood friends in terms of appearance. She also loved dogs and I would be surprised if she never played animal crossing.

And Bettina looks like Jack McBrayer to me. I mean,
1693887040239.jpeg

For sure there are, some are even people who i had bad memories with, and for that i'm not found of them.

Filbert reminds me of my close friend and classmate mainly because of his overal silly appearance, short height and teeth. His nickname is Waffle and because of that it's also Filberts nickname in my head lol

Punchy reminds me of my little brother because he is the biggest cat lover, he also has a fun and lazy personality and he was the one who let Punchy move in to my island. so yeah Punchy is my in-game brother

Also:
Olaf is Michael Jackson
Eugene is Elvis Presley
Beau is Timothee Chalamet
Diana is Amity from The Owl House
and Phoebe reminds me of Phoebe from Friends

Nan reminded me of my grandma for a little while... she passed away in 2017... and Nan had actually moved into my town not too long after that...

Their personalities were so similar, and certain things she would say, I am certain my grandma would've said them too. It was like.. Animal Crossing's way of keeping me in touch with her... it was very eerie at the time but also very comforting.

Sadly yes. I don't like superimposing fantasy on reality or vice versa, there is no need and it ruins the taste of fantasy, but who knows what strange connections our brain makes to find similarities with real people. So Ursala reminds me of a classmate of mine from high school, she was very annoying, arrogant, conceited, but also sensitive and a bit... stupid in general. She got on my nerves, but I understood she had problems with herself and I never hated her. Diana is beautiful, I like her a lot, but my mind projects onto her a feeling that I had for a classmate of mine in elementary school, she was the girl who treated me the worst of all, she said the worst things but I just wanted to be hers friend and I envied her for everything she had and could do and I couldn't. In addition to envying her, I also admired her, due to my low self-esteem I suppose. I didn't hate that little girl, but she was the only one who made me feel so miserable, besides the teacher. Maybe precisely because Diana's character is snooty, and precisely because she is very beautiful in my eyes, somehow I see that little girl in her and she just makes me sad because I never became friends with her. I learned in the hard way that you can't please everyone, nor are you forced to please everyone.
And then... Dobie! I love that wolf so much, I had him in New Leaf and his irony always made me die laughing, the problem is that over time he reminded me of an uncle of mine who has always been incredibly ironic and funny, but he's a very... a false person. Not bad, just false. In general he started to remind me of my childhood and other things that happened after that too, and honestly... I don't need it? The most ironic thing of all is that he has the same character as all the crankies. Let's say that I have never had a good relationship with elderly figures, I never had grandparents and I grew up with relatives and parents who were older than normal. I feel a lot of tenderness for the elderly and I would have loved to have grandparents, but it is just an inconsistent desire. If my grandparents had been alive, they wouldn't have been the ones I dreamed of, just like I didn't have the parents I wanted. No one can choose their roots, but fortunately we can tear them up and make a new life for ourselves.
Even though when I communicate with these characters in the game I recognize that they are just lines of code and nothing more and I try not to get involved unnecessarily, if I have to admit what I really feel towards them... well, it's this.
There are feelings that disappear over time, such as hatred, resentment, envy and so on. But the melancholy in looking back never disappears, just like nostalgia. Maybe that's why I can't help but see those people in these characters... well, that's life!

Yeah most of them. Some remind me of multiple people with the same personality type.

Beardo reminds me of several people, many of whom actually look like him (bearded and bald) which is funny. But ultimately at the moment he reminds me of this awful social media bully with a reasonably large following who spends his entire life shouting at people online for disagreeing with him. He often references a woman who died aged 30 from a brain tumour, usually at her friends, telling them they must condemn the opinions she held at her death, because he's decided this dead woman's beliefs were hateful. He makes the longest twitter/X threads every single day and has seemingly done this for years now and always has to spitefully reference this dead woman.

He's a tragic figure as well. Unemployed. Ignores his wife and kids in favour of behaving like this all day every day. Tried to break into comedy, but wasn't funny. Hasn't had a job since then, which was over a decade ago. Why anyone listens to him and considers him to be a great figure for the social justice warrior cause is a mystery to me. I have witnessed him incite massive pile-ons based on someone liking the various books and games of an artist he considers to be evil. Usually people at least 20 years younger than him too.

He's not the only one who acts like this, but it's funny to me that so many are bearded and bald, so are often referred to as "beards" or "beard bros" by those who find them ridiculous. So even the name Beardo amuses me.

acnhbeardosjw.jpg

For the most part, no, but I checked my New Leaf town recently and was reminded of Sally.
When I was still playing the game I had a friend that was really sweet and I'd never seen her get upset at anyone, she invited me to eat lunch when I was alone. So I guess since I was playing the game at the same time, and Sally was my only normal villager, I guess my brain connected the two, and now everytime I see Sally, I think of her. My friend's also short like Sally so that's another thing.
It's not a bad thing but it's kind of weird to be reminded of someone irl when playing a game like this (at least for me).

not real life people, but animals/animal breeds and fictional characters :,3

Portia is a Dalmatian

Lolly is a gray tabby cat (we used to have one, it was a female too)

Tabby is an orangeโ€ฆwell, tabby.

Kiki reminds me of those black cats with those almost glowy yellowish-green eyes

Purrl is a calico cat (I recall the former aforementioned gray tabby cat having a litter of kittens, and I think there was a calico cat in there. Her name was Precious)

Punchy is similar to a tuxedo cat

Savannah is like a zebra.

Blaire is like a skunk.

Hopper reminds me of some of the Surfs Up characters.

Octavian kind of reminds me of Hank from Finding Dory.

Kabuki kinda reminds me of some ลŒkami characters.

Apollo has a tiny bit of resemblance to Nigel from Rio. (coincidentally)

Tutu is like a polar bear

Back