Are you an optimist or a pessimist?

Are you an optimist or pessimist?

• Optimist

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • Pessimist

Votes: 37 61.7%

• Total voters
I think it does me no favors to be any of the three. I am more pragmatic. Maybe I can't change how much water I have, but it's worth trying to, as opposed to trying to frame it as a positive or negative or unchangeable-so-I'd-better-deal situation. If I can't change it, maybe there is a next best solution I could try. I understand some things won't change, that some solutions take time, but the other three feel like settling.

Last edited:
Pfft pessimist on a daily basis and optimist when im in a good mood. Lauf c:

Neither I am just a *****.

And the glass is always half full and this is why

Look at it like a math equation.
If the glass was empty, it would equal 0 (0%)
If the glass was full it would equal 100 (100%)

So if the glass is "half empty" -----> half of empty
In math terms "of" means multiply
Thus the equation for the glass being half empty is; 1/2 x 0 = 0
And it can't equal 0 because as we said 0 means that there is nothing in the glass, and there clearly is

That is why the glass is always half full, because "half full" ------> half of full
1/2 x 100 = 50

Which is possible because that is the amount of water in the glass

I regret nothing

Last edited:
Pessimist about practically everything, though somehow I'm always the one being optimistic for my friends. I wonder if I'm just not looking at the bad things hard enough.

HAHA I like the IMG and how Realistic look xD

My friend told me that I'm optimistic in a way that I usually try and find the good in people, even when they let me down... but I can be pessimistic about my attitudes towards myself. I checked "optimist" though.

im definitely a pessimist because my hot cheeto bag is always half empty and i get sad

- - - Post Merge - - -

but im more of a realist cuz nothin gets realer than REALITY

I feel that I'm more of a pessimist but also optimistic. More so, on the side of the pessimistic. I think I have friends who are realists or optimistic. Of course, I have one friend who's really optimistic and just is way opposite of me. Sometimes I wish I can see the bright side of things but I hate it when I have my hopes become too high and really dashed. So always trying to be downer and not too up all the time (if that makes sense). But then again, I feel indecisive too because I feel like I can be both but I feel like I'm slowly becoming optimistic and trying not to be pessimistic. So for now, maybe half and half?

I like to stay realistic in the majority of the situations in my life. I look at life hoping for the best, but I stay aware of the bad things that could happen in life and attempt to prepare for the worst. (However my preparations don't always.. go through) I can understand why optimists see things the way that they do, and I can understand why pessimists see things as they way that they do, but I can never directly relate to either side of the spectrum.

..Yeah I'm a super neutral person. Overall I'm quite happy and content in life, minus my different flaws and various fears.

Last edited:
Pessimist.
I don't look forward to anything, unless I get something out of it.
I'm done doing other people's ****.

But then...
also a realist, I guess.
What's happened, has happened, and will happen (?)

Pessimist.
I don't look forward to anything, unless I get something out of it.
I'm done doing other people's ****.

But then...
also a realist, I guess.
What's happened, has happened, and will happen (?)

hahaha, thats pretty much what I think about everything :p

Realist. But if I had to choose, I lean over just a little to Pessimist.
I look at whatever is the most realistic choice.

Back