• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Are You A Villager Dictator?

I'm trying to be a better one!

Shirts - So hard to control. Kitty was wearing something awful so I sent her something that would look nice on her. She put it right on!! And then shared it with Olaf... sigh. It does NOT look good on him, but I'm not 100% on keeping him either.

House - I stopped catching bugs and fish for them, after I discovered Chow's house was basically all giant fish. He's moving out in 2 days thankfully! I have not started redecorating their houses yet, going to wait until the town(s) are mostly complete and I don't want to kick anyone else out!

Catchphrases - I actually change all these! My mayors/towns are based off of a book series and I'm giving them select phrases from that universe.

Move outs - I do control who moves out. Some need to go and some I want to stay!

I'm too attached to my villagers to willingly let them move. I've only ever lost two.

I don't like to think of myself as "dictator." I feel the word "helper" or "overseer" is better LOL. But seriously I don't feel like one...hmm but I wonder if that's how all dictator's feel when asked. Anyways, it doesn't bother me if they change their clothes, since they're bound to trade items with one another. I did however buy out all the slots in retail and placed items with a sale price of 999,999 bells knowing that none of the villagers will ever buy them therefore none of the items in their homes will ever change on their own accord. I also replaced all the mannequins design with plain white umbrellas lol. I also tend to buy out all the items on the back and most if not all of the head gear/accessories as well. I do plot reset, mostly because I want all the villagers in one area (except for villagers who I know I will cycle out eventually, they can plot in the area designated for cycling them out). I don't really send them gifts to have them replace something in their home, but maybe in the future I will probably start...with at least one furniture.

Nope. I let my villagers do whatever they want. I do try to get them to buy things at Re-Tail every time they're in. That way their houses aren't entirely made of fish and bugs! But generally I never say no to them. I don't always get to complete their request though.

And once I have their photo and they ask to move then I let them go. There's so many other villagers I want to meet.

Lol, no. I think the only thing dictator-ish I do is plot resetting, but I mean, seriously, there's worse in normal real-life villages.

As for furniture, I think I just give up and move villagers out if their house gets too cluttered. There's nothing really you can do about it otherwise.

Oh, I am most definitely a village dictator. No one moves out of my town if I don't let them. They will all wear the standard pattern from the Able Sisters, then I will replace it with better clothing. I try my best to only give them items that will fit their house theme, but sometimes, there's only so much that you can do.

Not really unless they ask me to move and I'm like "you're not going anywhere". If they ever wear the moldy shirt then there's a problem that needs fixing :s

I'm only this way when it comes to keeping the villagers I like in my town (and basically ignoring the ugly ones I don't like).
I have, however, lost a few by not playing the game for a long time. Pecan was in my town from the day the game came out, and just moved away this Summer. She will never be forgiven and was subsequently replaced by a much cuter squirrel, Peanut.

I am. I only help with non item tasks lol. Like fetching or delivering.

I'm not dictator towards my villagers. This thread is at least one month old. ThatOneMarshalLover used to be called marshallover86... ._. I let my villagers do what the heck they want, but if they want to move I don't let them.

Last edited:
depends
plots? yes
favors? i usually end up forgetting them
catchphrase? a little
shirt? idk
house? depends which house
moving out? definitely.

I leave them free to go anywhere because I like variety and me free to stole their furniture that of course will be replaced by fish, insect and garbage ^^

I know I'm too generous with them

Last edited:
I am not a dictator, I let my Animal Crossing Villagers be what they want. :3 I know that is a different style from how other people play, but I like it anyway.

Well, I tell them not to move out because they're my dreamies so obviously I want them to stay, but the shirts one is true. I really don't like seeing them wearing different shirts, mostly because the original shirts look so much better on them with their colors, etc.

Back