• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Are steam sales ruining games?

i do have some games in my gallery im never going to play but thats because i bought them in a humble bundle bc there were 2 or 3 games in the bundle i wanted. ill only buy a bundle if it has at least two games i want and is pretty cheap, i wont buy a bundle for one game alone.

Why wouldn't you buy a bundle for just one game? Hell, as long as it's in 'tier 1' of that bundle (I really don't know what to call the 'tiers') you only have to pay like, $1/?0.50 for 4-6 games.

I dunno but I think that ?0.50 for 4-6 games just based off I had a slight interest in 1 of them is quite good. I've stumbled upon many good games this way I wouldn't have played otherwise...For just ?0.50. That's less than a soda and lasts 10 times longer.

I'm not saying "just buy it because it's a bargain". I don't buy bundles if nothing interests me at all, but 1 game is worth $1.

It's also HumbleBundle, so if I feel I've been a cheapskate by only paying ?0.50 and ripped them off, I can simply just increase my payment amount later.

Why wouldn't you buy a bundle for just one game? Hell, as long as it's in 'tier 1' of that bundle (I really don't know what to call the 'tiers') you only have to pay like, $1/?0.50 for 4-6 games.

I dunno but I think that ?0.50 for 4-6 games just based off I had a slight interest in 1 of them is quite good. I've stumbled upon many good games this way I wouldn't have played otherwise...For just ?0.50. That's less than a soda and lasts 10 times longer.

I'm not saying "just buy it because it's a bargain". I don't buy bundles if nothing interests me at all, but 1 game is worth $1.

It's also HumbleBundle, so if I feel I've been a cheapskate by only paying ?0.50 and ripped them off, I can simply just increase my payment amount later.

^ Same.
If I'm only interested in one game and the bundle is less than $2, I'll still usually buy the bundle. Who knows, I might like the other things, and I'm still only paying $1-2 for one game I know I want.

It's a great deal, imo.

But I never give to charity. They usually pick awful charities to begin with, but I have a "don't give cash to charity" policy. I'll give clothing and food to people in need - not money. I'll feed you, but I just don't trust you to do the right thing with money. There's just too many charities that would rather pocket 90% of it.
I just give it to the devs or to the site.

But I never give to charity. They usually pick awful charities to begin with, but I have a "don't give cash to charity" policy. I'll give clothing and food to people in need - not money. I'll feed you, but I just don't trust you to do the right thing with money. There's just too many charities that would rather pocket 90% of it.
I just give it to the devs or to the site.

Yea...I feel there's much more deserving causes out there rather than what essentially results as helping people play games.
"Stand back, cancer! Little Timmy with the one arm needs a special controller so he can play Fruit Ninja!"

Whether I'll give money to a charity is on a case by case basis...I mean, I don't think a charity aiming to help the homeless get employment and a house would be better off if I donated my old band shirts. But I'm rather stingy with charity anyway (until it's something that affects me, then I'll whine people aren't donating)

Back