Smash Bros Are Amiibo worth the price?

I have a Wii U but I haven't set mine up since my Brother has his one set up in our room.
We have all the Amiibo's from Wave 1 & 2, so mine are sitting here like figures, I can't complain.

But it does really effect what you're thinking of doing with them, otherwise we're just collecting them :>

I'd collect them. but if I did, I'd probably just leave them in their package so they wouldn't be used. If I do though, I might do that trick that involves slitting the bottom open a bit or something.

if rosetta stone can have amiibos why cant the queen

But Rosetta Stone is a random rock with scribbles on it and I wasn't aware said rock had an Amiibo...The Queen is some random old lady who doesn't really do anything. NO AMIIBO FOR HER!

...Wait...Sorry...She's a 'tourist attraction' *whoop-de-doo*...

I would rather have Disney Land UK.

I'd collect them. but if I did, I'd probably just leave them in their package so they wouldn't be used. If I do though, I might do that trick that involves slitting the bottom open a bit or something.

I don't really get that. You keep it in the packaging for * whatever reasons* but slice the box open anyway. At this point, it's lost as much value as if you just opened it.

But Rosetta Stone is a random rock with scribbles on it and I wasn't aware said rock had an Amiibo...The Queen is some random old lady who doesn't really do anything. NO AMIIBO FOR HER!

...Wait...Sorry...She's a 'tourist attraction' *whoop-de-doo*...

I would rather have Disney Land UK.

I don't really get that. You keep it in the packaging for * whatever reasons* but slice the box open anyway. At this point, it's lost as much value as if you just opened it.

omg DISNEY LAND UK CONFIRMED

so that some dumb collector in like 10 years time will be like "haha thx for the SEALED AND NEW ANCIENT AMIIBO" and ill be like hahahah ya okay

omg DISNEY LAND UK CONFIRMED

so that some dumb collector in like 10 years time will be like "haha thx for the SEALED AND NEW ANCIENT AMIIBO" and ill be like hahahah ya okay

If Disney Land UK got confirmed, I would have no reason to every leave the country again.

Wouldn't the little 'cut' thing be something collectors would look for in 10 years? I assume that's going to be one of those 'things' that becomes infamous among collectors and is one of the first things they end up looking for.

There's a game on the Sega Master System (I think it was the original Sonic) that collectors do that with. They'll pay like an extra $200 based on whether or not it has the barcode sticker on it...

If Disney Land UK got confirmed, I would have no reason to every leave the country again.

Wouldn't the little 'cut' thing be something collectors would look for in 10 years? I assume that's going to be one of those 'things' that becomes infamous among collectors and is one of the first things they end up looking for.

There's a game on the Sega Master System (I think it was the original Sonic) that collectors do that with. They'll pay like an extra $200 based on whether or not it has the barcode sticker on it...

I've never left the country anyway
plus the UK is Northern Ireland, Scotland, England and Wales so it depends where you are and where Disney Land UK is

hence 'dumb' bc there'll be smart collectors who check (unfortunately :///)

i dont want to open them but then they'd be useless i need a grip

I've never left the country anyway
plus the UK is Northern Ireland, Scotland, England and Wales so it depends where you are and where Disney Land UK is

Put Disney Land in the North somewhere. The South of England (more specifically, London) already gets most of the cool stuff that happens in the UK. They should throw a Disney Land in the North and stop acting like London = the entire UK.

Put Disney Land in the North somewhere. The South of England (more specifically, London) already gets most of the cool stuff that happens in the UK. They should throw a Disney Land in the North and stop acting like London = the entire UK.

Guessing you're a Northerner? Me too :p But I agree, London is treated as if it's all of UK and nowhere else seems to be recognised. I mean even the Queen lives in London and illegally has amiibo.

My friend ordered a rosalina amiibo from France to the U.S. Expensive shipping.

I don't think they're worth it at the moment. Only 3 games are out that support amiibos, if I recall correctly, and the most useful use is for Smash. Hyrule is somewhere in the middle since I'm not fond of the giant top, and Mario Kart's use is only cosmetic and negligible. I only own Donkey Kong at the moment, looking for Captain Falcon and waiting for Ganondorf to be announced. Once I have the characters I actually use, then I'll consider getting the rest, just because it looks like they'll always unlock costumes.

The only thing I despise about these things is that they're actually putting in ratios for the amiibos. I find it completely stupid that Nintendo would short pack Wii Fit Trainer, Marth and Villager, thus making them rare. Now we have scalpers selling those three for an upwards of $300, and buying up all the Wave 2 in hopes of having them rare. Not even Skylanders or Infinity did this strategy, as far as I know. At the very worst, Skylanders only had re-colors of their creatures while Infinity had the "Crystal" versions exclusive to Toys R 'Us.

Definitely, especially if you are a competitive player. They can definitely help teach you advanced techniques as well as do better than a Lvl. 9 CPU in a match, training you to do better. It's more like fighting with a real person; and it's sometime even harder. The figure also look awesome (for the most part)

Unfortunately, the Villager amiibo I ordered is still trying to find it's way here... a month and a half later.

i just don't think you should have to pay ten dollars with a crappy action figure toy with a tiny chip.

I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But I think they are definitely worth the price.

I think people would have been happier with them if they weren't oversold as much as they were. They were essentially made out to be a necessary purchase.

Back