• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Are amiibo worth it?

Gonzalo

Bells
I'm not interested in figurines or cards. But I read that they give you new content to the game. Can that content be obtained by playing without buying the amiibos? If not, is's worth buying some for that content? Two booster packs cost me $10. For the price of several boosters I can buy another game. But I don't know to what extent they improve the game experience. I will play New Horizons too. Are they worth it there?

Definitely worth in NH. You can use it to get your dream villagers easily if you get their cards. New leaf they give new items, which you can get through trading. But it is easier just to get the amiibos for them. keep in mind the series 5 cards wont work in new leaf

Now that New Leaf trading has slowed down a bit, the amiibos and the Welcome Amiibo card pack is worth it if you want to obtain items on your own without trading with others. The WA cards give you a whole bunch of new items that you wont find at the shops (you purchase from their RV in the campsite), plus you can invite those villagers to live in your town. There are also some special characters you can invite to New Leaf using the figurines, like the Legend of Zelda villagers and Splatoon villagers, but those aren't available to New Horizons.

Amiibo cards in NH are mainly for inviting villagers to live on your island or to design houses for them on Happy Home Paradise (if you are impatient about waiting for them to show up naturally). You can't order items from them like in New Leaf, instead, they will ask you to craft items for them after giving you a DIY card. This is useful in early game days to get extra DIY cards.

Now that New Leaf trading has slowed down a bit, the amiibos and the Welcome Amiibo card pack is worth it if you want to obtain items on your own without trading with others. The WA cards give you a whole bunch of new items that you wont find at the shops (you purchase from their RV in the campsite), plus you can invite those villagers to live in your town. There are also some special characters you can invite to New Leaf using the figurines, like the Legend of Zelda villagers and Splatoon villagers, but those aren't available to New Horizons.

Amiibo cards in NH are mainly for inviting villagers to live on your island or to design houses for them on Happy Home Paradise (if you are impatient about waiting for them to show up naturally). You can't order items from them like in New Leaf, instead, they will ask you to craft items for them after giving you a DIY card. This is useful in early game days to get extra DIY cards.
Wait, you can invite to live in your town in new leaf? How do you do that?

Wait, you can invite to live in your town in new leaf? How do you do that?
IIRC Summon Wisp using the his genie lamp and scan the amiibo figure or card in. If it's a Welcome Amiibo villager, ask them to "Come Play". You can invite them to your town when you talk to them in their RV on the campgrounds and kick out an existing resident. If it's a regular animal crossing series card, Wisp will give you the option for them to "Move In".

IIRC Summon Wisp using the his genie lamp and scan the amiibo figure or card in. If it's a Welcome Amiibo villager, ask them to "Come Play". You can invite them to your town when you talk to them in their RV on the campgrounds and kick out an existing resident. If it's a regular animal crossing series card, Wisp will give you the option for them to "Move In".
Huh. I guess I forgot you could do that lol

Imho they’re def worth it. You get can get items from them and invite them into your town. When u invite them, you also get to kick one villager who you might not want. This is especially helpful with the “newest villager cannot ask to move out” clause. You also don’t have to worry if they accidentally move out, since amiibos bypass the villager cycle

Hope this helped!

i think amiibos for acnl are completely worth it! especially if you find yourself playing a lot. the amiibo move in format is super simple compare to what it is now in acnh. also no more having to remember if a villager was in your void is awesome. you don't have to cycle through a whole bunch of villagers if you want a certian villager that moved away accidentally. also like others stated before, the newer welcome amiibo villagers come with tons of items that you can order when you visit their rv after scanning them in.

Not in New Leaf, at least you want to get stuck with a Villager like… Forever.

In my opinion, Amiibo cards are definitely worth having. It makes it easier to obtain villagers and cycling through. If anything, having one card of a villager you don’t want (ie. one that isn’t a permanent resident) is even useful for booting out villagers you don’t want.

I think that the content itself is incredibly secondary when it comes to amiibos. If you aren't interested in the physical collectors figures...then it is rarely worth paying for the content itself, IMO.

I’m getting an amiibo and I don’t know what to expect I really hope it goes well cause I heard bad and good things about it so I’m going in this with no clue if it’s even gonna work

I would say they are definitely worth it but I have a LOT of bias lol I have been collecting and getting the cards and figures as presents since I was really little and I think they are amazing! I love them in the game and started appreciating the figure part/card design a lil more! The figures are DEFINITELY worth it as they unlock a TON of items if you scan them with Wisp! You can buy stuff from their RV's! Only the special character figures or RV cards would do that though. Normal cards on the other hand are really only worth it if you want a specific character in your town as they only do that, as well as allow you to have a 80%ish chance of receiving a random piece of furniture or clothes that is not in your catalog and 20%ish of one you have. I LOVE AMIIBOSSSS

Just to let you know, if you ever get Happy Home Designer for the 3DS, amiibos work with them too. The NPC ones are the most useful for that game so you can design houses for them.

...that being said, if you have to choose between Happy Home Designer for the 3DS or the Happy Home Paradise DLC for New Horizons, just buy the Happy Home Paradise DLC. You can do more with it.

Since you have no interest in the physical cards i would suggest you buy the amiipad controller. It has all the cards built into it and it costs around $60

Back