• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Aquatic Album (Buzzy Bees and Poliwags Cabins)

dizzy bone

Staff
Artist
Bells
Island
Tansan
Perfect Apple
Perfect Cherry
Perfect Orange
Perfect Peach
Perfect Pear
Durian
Lemon
Lychee
Persimmon
Banana
aquaticalbum_banner.jpg
Aquatic Album

It’s a scorching hot summer day at camp and you’re getting ready to take a dip in the ocean to catalog the wonderful fishies of the deep. You jump in, complete with your wet suit and for some reason, high heels and a non-waterproof straw hat. You soon realise that life at camp doesn’t work the same way as game logic. Your aquatic critterpedia is… drenched?! I guess we’re going to have to work together to fill it up once again!
How to Play 🐠

• Submit one drawing of a fish from the Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ critterpedia to this thread. The fish that can be accepted are as follows:
Group​
Fish Name​
River​
Bitterling​
River​
Pale Chub​
River​
Crucian Carp​
River​
Dace​
Pond​
Carp​
Pond​
Koi​
Pond​
Goldfish​
Pond​
Pop-eyed Goldfish​
Pond​
Ranchu Goldfish​
Pond​
Killifish​
Pond​
Crawfish​
River​
Soft-shelled Turtle​
River​
Snapping Turtle​
Pond​
Tadpole​
Pond​
Frog​
River​
Freshwater Goby​
River​
Loach​
Pond​
Catfish​
Pond​
Giant Snakehead​
River​
Bluegill​
River​
Yellow Perch​
River​
Black Bass​
River​
Tilapia​
River​
Pike​
River​
Pond Smelt​
River​
Sweetfish​
River (clifftop)​
Cherry Salmon​
River (clifftop)​
Char​
River (clifftop)​
Golden Trout​
River (clifftop)​
Stringfish​
River (mouth)​
Salmon​
River (mouth)​
King Salmon​
River​
Mitten Crab​
River​
Guppy​
River​
Nibble Fish​
River​
Angelfish​
River​
Betta​
River​
Neon Tetra​
River​
Rainbowfish​
River​
Piranha​
River​
Arowana​
River​
Dorado​
Pond​
Gar​
River​
Arapaima​
River​
Saddled Bichir​
River (mouth)​
Sturgeon​
Sea​
Sea butterfly​
Sea​
Sea Horse​
Sea​
Clownfish​
Sea​
Surgeonfish​
Sea​
Butterfly fish​
Sea​
Napoleonfish​
Sea​
Zebra Turkeyfish​
Sea​
Blowfish​
Sea​
Puffer fish​
Sea​
Anchovy​
Sea​
Horse Mackerel​
Sea​
Barred Knifejaw​
Sea​
Sea Bass​
Sea​
Red Snapper​
Sea​
Dab​
Sea​
Olive Flounder​
Sea​
Squid​
Sea​
Moray Eel​
Sea​
Ribbon Eel​
Sea (Pier)​
Tuna​
Sea (Pier)​
Blue Marlin​
Sea (Pier)​
Giant Trevally​
Sea (Pier)​
Mahi-Mahi​
Sea​
Ocean Sunfish​
Sea​
Ray​
Sea​
Saw Shark​
Sea​
Hammerhead Shark​
Sea​
Great White Shark​
Sea​
Whale Shark​
Sea​
Suckerfish​
Sea​
Football Fish​
Sea​
Oarfish​
Sea​
Barreleye​
Sea​
Coelacanth​
  • Please do not draw additional accessories or anything that would not "belong" on a fish. The drawing must stay true to life as close as possible. Backgrounds are allowed, but the fish must also belong in that environment (eg. you can draw the fish underwater but not floating through the milky way in space).
  • Include your TBT username somewhere in the drawing.
  • In your submission, include what fish you have drawn (eg. I am submitting a Sea Bass)
  • You may only submit one drawing. You may not edit your submission unless otherwise asked by the host.
  • Drawings may be drawn digitally or traditionally.
  • Your drawing must be made by you (no pre-made renders, photographs, etc.) and should have a reasonable amount of effort put into it. We should be able to easily identify what fish you have drawn. No goldfish crackers, please.
  • Entries will be approved by staff periodically using the "accepted" reaction.
Please submit your entries to this thread by 6:59pm EDT on Sunday August 15th. Late entries will not be accepted.

Point System 🐠

Each cabin will have a 'critterpedia score', determined by Fish Points (FP). These are separate from the points used in the camp, and are just for this event! Each fish submitted will contribute to the cabin's critterpedia score as follows:

1 Fish Point (FP) for submitting a drawing of a fish.
+1 FP for adding a new fish to the critterpedia (eg. A fish type that has not been submitted yet)

Additionally, extra bonus FP will be awarded if certain criteria are met, seen in the spoiler below. Coordinate with your cabin mates to see which bonuses you can achieve!

NameDescriptionBonus
Together we planned!At least half of all submissions are of the same fish+2 FP per relevant submission
I just think they're neatAt least 3/4th of all submissions are of the same group (river, pond, or sea)+1 FP per relevant submission
Heart-shaped pondAll pond fish are added to the critterpedia10 FP
Don't put these in your mouthAll river (mouth) fish are added to the critterpedia2 FP
Don't go climbing waterfallsAll river (clifftop) fish are added to the critterpedia5 FP
DuuuuuuudeAll turtles are added to the critterpedia2 FP
JawsAll sharks are added to the critterpedia3 FP
Peer into their eyesAll sea (pier) fish are added to the critterpedia2 FP
River me timbersAll river fish are added to the critterpedia30 FP
It's definitely not a fishAll fish with the name "fish" in it are added to the critterpedia12 FP
I'm feeling eelAll eels are added to the critterpedia2 FP
Tastes like chicken■■■ is added to the critterpedia1 FP
Don't touch the boat■■■ is added to the critterpedia1 FP
Did this ■■■ just roll me over with paint?■■■ is added to the critterpedia1 FP
It scallops■■■ is added to the critterpedia1 FP
Too slippery to use as a paddle■■■ is added to the critterpedia1 FP

Fish Favourites 🐠

In addition to earning points for your cabin, there will also be community-decided favourites for this event! To vote, simply leave a reaction (like/love) on the post of any drawing you think deserves a fishy favourite. While you can react to any entry, favourites will be determined by members of the same cabin. Entries that are approved will be marked by the staff with the accepted reaction, but don't wait for this to appear. Feel free to Like/Love any entries at any time!

While you can react to any entry, favourites will be decided only by votes from members of the same cabin.

Prizes 🐠

Participants who submit an accepted submission will receive:
  • 20 Ocean Tokens
  • 20 Cabin Points
The top 3 cabin favourites will earn an additional 8 Ocean Tokens. The top 1 will also receive a Rainbow Jellyfish Collectible.

In addition, if at least 60 FP is earned by a cabin, 200 points will be awarded to the cabin.

Submission Checklist 🐠

Before submitting your entry to this thread, make sure you:

✅ Included your TBT username in your image
✅ Mentioned what fish you've drawn
✅ Are submitting only one entry
✅ Are posting your submission to this thread
✅ It is before 7:00pm EDT, Sunday August 15th 2021.

Last edited:
Question: are we allowed to do a more stylized take on the fish? Like it still looks like the fish, but not somethin as 'realistic'. I want to do a stylized watercolour or pastel fish (assuming I can draw it out).

Also, does the fish have to look like it does in game, or can we draw it in different colours that the fish has irl? Like koi and goldfish come in multiple colours, so am I allowed to draw a koi or goldfish in colours it also has irl, or should I stick in ingame design?

I drew a crawfish boil! It’s the thing my sister misses most about living in the south.
8F3FEABF-BC87-4461-B7D8-9073D1311232.jpeg

The, uh, flowers floating in the pot with them were supposed to be corn. I was also going to add some potatoes and other staples of crawfish boils, but after seeing how my attempt at corn turned out I decided to leave well enough alone. :p

Question: are we allowed to do a more stylized take on the fish? Like it still looks like the fish, but not somethin as 'realistic'. I want to do a stylized watercolour or pastel fish (assuming I can draw it out).

Also, does the fish have to look like it does in game, or can we draw it in different colours that the fish has irl? Like koi and goldfish come in multiple colours, so am I allowed to draw a koi or goldfish in colours it also has irl, or should I stick in ingame design?

You can stylise it as long as we can still tell what fish you are trying to draw! And yes, if the species tend to come in different colours other than what's represented in-game, you can change the colouring as well. You can't make, let's say, a rainbow coloured red snapper, because it doesn't exist.

You can stylise it as long as we can still tell what fish you are trying to draw! And yes, if the species tend to come in different colours other than what's represented in-game, you can change the colouring as well. You can't make, let's say, a rainbow coloured red snapper, because it doesn't exist.
Is my understanding correct that if we get at least 60 Fish Points, the cabin is awarded 200 Cabin Points, but that there is no benefit to earning more than 60 Fish Points? E.g. If we reach 65 Fish Points, earning more won't translate into more Cabin Points? Thanks! 😊

Is my understanding correct that if we get at least 60 Fish Points, the cabin is awarded 200 Cabin Points, but that there is no benefit to earning more than 60 Fish Points? E.g. If we reach 65 Fish Points, earning more won't translate into more Cabin Points? Thanks! 😊

That is correct! As long as your cabin can earn 60P together, you will get the 200 points. There’s no extra cabin points for exceeding bonus points.

Back