• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Approaching E3: tense or calm?

Fey

Nook Inc.’s Pet 🐇
Bells
Switch
8009-1850-5418
White Violet
Purple Violet
Ruby
White Violet
Purple Violet
Lobo
Happy (pre-E3!) weekend everybody! ^ェ^

Obviously most of us here are very invested in finally receiving word on the current state of the game, as well as hoping for a release date within the year, the sooner the better.

However, I've noticed that the closer we get to the presentation, the calmer I feel about it. I'm not preparing to be disappointed, nor has my enthusiasm died down - I'm just at peace knowing that we'll have more information soon.

Is anyone else experiencing a similar "calm" now that E3 is just around the corner?
Why, or why not?

Share your mellow mood ♥
(or feel free to freak out if you can barely wait a second longer!)

Extremely tense, while I'd like to think in my head "They absolutely have to say something about Animal Crossing" it's still very much a possibility that we won't see anything. Or even that we'll see something and the game is delayed (I know they said none of the 2019 releases would be but at this point I'm growing heavily doubtful).

I have swings. I feel very calm (expecting disappointment) mostly, but I sometimes just get super excited and impatient for next week.
I can't make up my mind. The things this game makes us feel...

I definitely have sympathy with everyone anxious right now. We've waited a long time, and have been pushed to our limits with anticipation and disappointment. I'm probably just calm because my expectations (for the presentation, not the game in general) are fairly easy to meet:

As long as they give us something, even if it comes with a delay, I'll be content. I'm pretty confident they'll reach that bar, because I think it's highly unlikely that a) the game is a no-show, b) it looks awful, or c) it is delayed past a year from now.

Last edited:
i'm just so excited. i feel at peace because i know something will be shown, but i'm excited for what it has to offer

nervousxited. I really hope we get a trailer, but I understand if they delay it. I want it to be the best game it can possibly be so I'm ok with them taking their time if they need to.

I won’t relax until I see it and have a release date.

I?m dying of waiting!!!!
?Give us the game already or else :mad:? kinda of mood.

Last edited:
I am excited but also anxious.

I can't wait to see what the game looks like finally and to see gameplay.

But then I'm nervous about if they're going to do something weird and change the game. Like something stupid like living in a city. I want to know what features they're going to improve on and what features they're going to remove.

Also nervous about the release date and if the game is getting delayed at all.

While I?m excited for the switch version of animal crossing, I?ve never been like overly excited for it. I?m not planning on buying it most likely as I won?t have the online capability but who knows.

I'm calm and excited right now, without any anxiety. But I think that at the moment of the E3 direct, each minute that they aren't showing AC will increase my anxiety. But that's just my prediction. Who knows, maybe I'll be as cool as a cucumber the entire way through. Lol

i'm not too tense at all! it'll be what it'll be and i'm just happy to get information on any new nintendo content :)

Being honest, I don't mind if we don't see any AC Switch content at all. Though i'm sure we will because it is set to release in 2019.

Though, we can all agree that it gets delayed to 2020 if we get no info of AC Switch at E3. (Or even this year)

I'm excited!

My expectation at this point is to see the game revealed, but with a release date of next year. And I'm quite happy with that outcome if it happens. For various reasons, I might actually prefer that.

There's a lot more to be excited about than Animal Crossing anyway! I look forward to seeing lots more on Luigi's Mansion 3 and playing that soon. And I've never played the original Link's Awakening so that should be interesting too.

Plus, there's always a surprise or two. Wonder what it will be this year. i want my damn Pikmin.

For anything else to come from E3, I sincerely hope that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC finally gets announced, or a new Mario Kart game that will pull off a Smash Ultimate with every character, kart, course and item with new stuff in one.

I mean, it pretty much sucks that you only gave such little content for a port. Make things even worse is that when a new update came in July 2018, only BOTW and Labo content was in the updates.

Calmly excited. We’ll get some sort of confirmation regardless of the results.

There are other games being showcased at E3 I’m looking forward to hearing about as well.

For anything else to come from E3, I sincerely hope that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC finally gets announced, or a new Mario Kart game that will pull off a Smash Ultimate with every character, kart, course and item with new stuff in one.

I mean, it pretty much sucks that you only gave such little content for a port. Make things even worse is that when a new update came in July 2018, only BOTW and Labo content was in the updates.

I've been waiting on some new DLC cups for a while now. It's such a successful game & it's apparently sold more copies on the Switch than on the Wii U. Gimme!!

Going to be tough if it releases late this year, I'd prefer it to release June next year to be honest because if it comes out this year I'm going to be constantly switching between Pok?mon sheild

Back