• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

anyone misses re-Tail?

Underneath The Stars

거기 너 i fancy you
Bells
Tasty Cake
aside from the market space for your villagers giving you a chance to buy their furniture, one of the best things about it is getting your furniture refurbished by cyrus.

i know we can customize ourselves now, i love it, but realizing that we can only do it for the DIY stuff made me sad. collecting a full set is hard enough as it is, imagine collecting the same color? i don't know if it's just my luck, but even for same furniture 95% of the time i'm getting the same color. sometimes i just have to trade with friends. like, whenever the color of the item i got at first, when i see it again it'll be the same. let's say the coffee machine, i got yellow from a balloon, it appear on nook maybe twice and i happen to see yellow again. i'm starting to think colors are tied to my island like the nook furniture.

don't get me wrong, i'm not crossing this possibility out. just sayin'

I really do miss Re-tail as well as for the same reasons as well as how much I remembered going in there so much every day and talking to Reese and Cyrus was a daily thing at least

I really do miss Re-tail as well as for the same reasons as well as how much I remembered going in there so much every day and talking to Reese and Cyrus was a daily thing at least

i miss them as well, i was so happy seeing familiar faces on the update video. it's gonna be bittersweet seeing them knowing they're just "guest" appearance now though.

I miss Cyrus. I'd like him to be around to change my items to the variations I actually want, since Nook's Cranny refuses to sell anything different.

Yes, I wish we still had Re-Tail. While there is a new crafting and customization feature, there could have been an option to put an 'order' in to customize a mass amount of special items that can't be unlocked elsewhere. Or, at least leave the market/selling component. It was a great way to make quick bells - especially by selling ores for max value (I would imagine we'd due the same with crafting materials). Or just a fun way to unload things and see them wind up in our villager's homes. The late closing was also great. I was in Re-Tail every day and all day when playing NL. Also, I just would love to see Reese and Cyrus again - not sure how much of a presence their wedding cameo will bring in NH.

I miss retail and other stuff, just because now we don't have the characters in the game anymore. It was also nice to be able to sell stuff for villagers to buy in the retail as well. I would try putting nice stuff there so villagers were putting crap in their houses.

I miss retail and other stuff, just because now we don't have the characters in the game anymore. It was also nice to be able to sell stuff for villagers to buy in the retail as well. I would try putting nice stuff there so villagers were putting crap in their houses.

i miss slowly pushing them near the items that i know would look good in their houses lol

i miss slowly pushing them near the items that i know would look good in their houses lol
LOL! Yes, I would sell all of my ores that way, at maximum prices. Gently push them on over to each table. ;) I made most of my bells this way - which was way easier than the stalk market.

LOL! Yes, I would sell all of my ores that way, at maximum prices. Gently push them on over to each table. ;) I made most of my bells this way - which was way easier than the stalk market.

i remember also thinking there were going to be ores, because early on i got a gold one. but then realized others like ruby, emerald etc wouldn't make sense because there's no retail :(

I was never really attached to retail. Would be nice to have options for customizing furniture though... having to trade for color variations is a huge pain

Yeah, I miss all the ores, too. Not sure why they got rid of them - not everything needs to be a crafting material. I miss a lot of the cool, celestial and sometimes gothic things that NL had - Ores, Dream Suite, Observatory, Katrina, etc. It added a nice layer of mystery to a friendly little village.

i miss them, too. while i don’t miss the 30 min wait-time for refurbishment, being able to customize my furniture more freely was great ;u;

To be honest, not really. I never saw the point of being able to sell things both at Retail and the Nookling shop but only receiving half the price at Nooklings. I liked being able to customise furniture but hated having to wait for it and only being able to do one item at a time. It took forever if you had a set of stuff you wanted to customise. And whilst I did use the flea market on a regular basis it’s not something I miss particularly.

Not really, I like convenience. So the less different places I have to run to to do different things the better and the less load screens (though quick) the better.
Kinda why I hope if more vendors are added back that they are consolidated into pre-existing places (kicks in ables, cafe in museum, etc). The only one excluded would be Leif because he's too adorable for my heart so I'd be perfectly find letting him have his own entire garden shop. <3

i mean retail could still be a thing but more of a DIY shop... but yes, i don’t think we should have more buildings anytime soon. it is what it is. we have to settle with colored furniture not matching LOL
Post automatically merged:

also it was never about selling things for me. i don’t think it’s necessary to have both as well. if i did, i’d also mention how my nook also closed today, so that’s 1 day less to get a chance to get high turnip price lol. good thing i was able to visit an island today with high price.

Retail was nice, but I didn't like it when my favorite villagers placed their items in their house for sale, because of that, I filled it with random items that they considered overpriced and how long refurbishing was compared to ACNH, but it would be nice to see it again as well other than the event in the update.

I forgot about it until now, whoops. I played more Wild World than New Leaf so I'm used to Nooks being the main store/method of selling.

Back