• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Does anyone have any money-making tips?

Yes-I-Can

⋆⭒˚.⋆ get stickbugged ⋆⭒˚.⋆
Bells
Happy Ditto Easter Egg
Rotating Fool's Egg
Fortune Cookie
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yellow Cosmos
Yellow Crescent Moon
Toy Duck Plush
Tasty Cake
Red Pansy
Yellow Lily
I got the game 2 months after it first came out, and only just got back into it.

I'm trying to save up money to buy the in game sanrio furniture, as today I purchased the card set from my local EB Games. Does anybody have any tips/tricks? I'm open to time travelling if that helps at all

Hello fellow Aussie 😊 and cat lover 🐈

I found selling my turnips helped me get heaps of bells fast. I would find someone who had their island open when nooks cranny was buying them for a lot and sell.

You will have to time travel to each Sunday to buy them for real cheap first before you visit someone’s island.

Doing this method helped me get into the millions.

I recommend diving for sea creatures. I usually get most of my bells that way. Bug catching and fishing especially when you can sell to flick or C.J is a good option as well.

I've always put high-valued fish and bugs in my storage to sell to CJ and Flick, respectively, as they pay out 1.5x the amount of bells Nook's would offer, even with bell boom ordinance. The bells will roll in quick once you save enough fish and bugs.

There's also a very cool method I discovered involving a specific DIY, but it's complicated. Basically:
  1. Bell boom needs to already be in effect. Telling Isabelle to enforce it the same day won't work, as you need to wait a day.
  2. You need at least 297,000 bells in your ABD. Crafting the item requires 3x 99,000 bell bags.
  3. You need the "Pile of Cash" DIY recipe, and the hot item at Nook's has to be this, so check the sign often if you have the recipe. You can obtain it from Snooty villagers or message bottles. As this is a 2.0 item, the chances of finding it are higher if you look around the HHP Archipelago beach or go on Kapp'n tours.
  4. Have plenty of pocket space. You can carry up to 4,059,999 bells with 40 spots. I would highly recommend only selling 6 or 7 Pile of Cash items at a time with nothing else in your pockets.
Normally, selling the Pile of Cash item directly to Timmy or Tommy just gives you your bells back if you have bell boom, and you'll actually lose bells if this ordinance isn't in effect. If it's the hot item with bell boom, you'll have the opportunity to farm bells infinitely until the store closes. The best part? You don't need to be online to do it. When this happened to me, I made 54 million bells easily, and was already set for Animal Crossing retirement.

It's indeed a very difficult process, as the chances are slim to have that DIY be the hot item, let alone if you already have most of the DIY recipes as they randomly cycle alongside the food ones. You just gotta get lucky.

If you have blue roses or gold roses always pluck them and sell them for some profit. If you have DIY learned called "Gold Rose Wreath" or "Blue Rose Wreath" you can craft them and sell them for some extra bells.

Just went to my storage and found what seems like a million fish and fossils. I do have a large amount of seashells to sell also.
Thank you for your advice, I really appreciate it

If you have blue roses or gold roses always pluck them and sell them for some profit. If you have DIY learned called "Gold Rose Wreath" or "Blue Rose Wreath" you can craft them and sell them for some extra bells.

this right here is my lazy moneymaking trick

each wreath sells for 20k per and I have 50 of each of these flowers on my island. so add in my island being under the bell boom ordinance, and that's 240k bells every few days from just those alone

i find a full inventory of deep sea catches can get me a decent amount of bells.
also running around at night to find and catch scorpions.

Turnip trading and obtaining royal crowns is the way to go! I used that method when the game first launched!

save up to buy pumpkins or other vegetables you can plant. once they grow you can plant more or sell them. that’s how i make majority of my bells.

I've always put high-valued fish and bugs in my storage to sell to CJ and Flick, respectively, as they pay out 1.5x the amount of bells Nook's would offer, even with bell boom ordinance. The bells will roll in quick once you save enough fish and bugs.

There's also a very cool method I discovered involving a specific DIY, but it's complicated. Basically:
  1. Bell boom needs to already be in effect. Telling Isabelle to enforce it the same day won't work, as you need to wait a day.
  2. You need at least 297,000 bells in your ABD. Crafting the item requires 3x 99,000 bell bags.
  3. You need the "Pile of Cash" DIY recipe, and the hot item at Nook's has to be this, so check the sign often if you have the recipe. You can obtain it from Snooty villagers or message bottles. As this is a 2.0 item, the chances of finding it are higher if you look around the HHP Archipelago beach or go on Kapp'n tours.
  4. Have plenty of pocket space. You can carry up to 4,059,999 bells with 40 spots. I would highly recommend only selling 6 or 7 Pile of Cash items at a time with nothing else in your pockets.
Normally, selling the Pile of Cash item directly to Timmy or Tommy just gives you your bells back if you have bell boom, and you'll actually lose bells if this ordinance isn't in effect. If it's the hot item with bell boom, you'll have the opportunity to farm bells infinitely until the store closes. The best part? You don't need to be online to do it. When this happened to me, I made 54 million bells easily, and was already set for Animal Crossing retirement.

It's indeed a very difficult process, as the chances are slim to have that DIY be the hot item, let alone if you already have most of the DIY recipes as they randomly cycle alongside the food ones. You just gotta get lucky.
Small error I just now realized for part 4 - You can totally sell all 40 pile of cash items at once. The bells will instead be routed to your ABD if T&T give you more than 4,059,999 bells for one transaction. I learned that when I "accidentally" sold a lot of high-valued items in my pockets and the bells I earned back well exceeded the 4 million mark; I was afraid that the game wouldn't know what to do and glitch out. Turns out that wasn't the case.

Plant around 20 Pumpkin starts and 10 of each crop and once they’ve fully grown you harvest them and sell them to Tommy and Timmy. You will get at least 10000 Bells this way. I do this when I really need more Bells.

Back