• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Anyone know if this is possible?

Tiffany

🌜 from Lunasoleil 🌞
Bells
Switch
3772-7854-6594
Blue Christmas Stocking
Blue Train Engine
Sleek Train Car
Cute Train Car
Floral Train Car
Yellow Caboose
Crystal Tree
Lost Star Fragment 004.MB
Tockoid
Froggy Snowman
I posted the other day about not receiving several HHA prizes(it went from the hha jacket to the gold roof and skipped the prizes in between). I was informed by a kind person that my error was in doing the theme challenge before getting all the prizes. I wasn't aware doing the theme challenge meant you would only get the gold house exterior pieces at that point.

So is there any way for me to get the items I missed? The silver/gold plaques,the silver/gold trophies and the gold house model. If I quit the challenge will I be able to get the prizes? I am willing to remove everything from my house to drop my score back down if necessary. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it. Thanks :)

I got my gold house model after switching off of theme challenges. Possible difference: I was no good at theme challenges and didn't earn a prize. But, I think if you switch off you'll get your gold house model.

I'm still curious about the answer to this ^~^ And the other question I stumble over is if you can still change your house exteriors to golden if you lose your HHA points. XD

I don't think you ever lose your prizes :) You can get the gold house forever once you've earned it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong! :)

I don't think you will lose the golden roof as I figure out if you remove your golden roof (already built) and want to rebuild it is possible, since is already in your prize list~ However about getting the HHA trophy and so on I really not sure on that...

- - - Post Merge - - -

Optional way but need to waste some gold :

Buy from Re-Tail to see anyone selling
Build a second character and get their house to max, then is up to you if you wanna keep that character =)

Add on:

Is actually not a bad idea to get 2nd character, I have one myself and he still living in tent haha! But I earned extra storage and golden watering can also if I decide to expand his house, I get more space to display furniture set I can't in my mayor house~

Last edited:
Sounds doable.. I always failed with the themes when I actually had a full renovated house and different themes in all rooms so it was a bit icky there.

Is your mailbox full? If it's full there's a possibility that your prizes aren't sent.

The Theme Challenge is different from the "regular" HHA evaluations. They each use different calculations. You can "toggle" between the two assessments by talking to Lyle.

You cannot "lose" the Gold exterior rewards. Once you achieve them via the Theme Challenge, you can still access them after you "turn off" the Theme Challenge.

After you "turn off" the Theme Challenge and return to the "regular" HHA assessment, you can still obtain any "regular" HHA rewards that you have not yet received.

Consult my FAQ for details:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/faqs/65246

I dropped the challenge last night and was still able to buy the gold roof(I didn't). I check my mailbox every time I play the game so it's empty. Good to know I can still get the gold house model, thanks Ras. So maybe if I remove stuff from my house and drop my score I can get the others. I'll have to try this. Thanks everyone :)

I think I answered my own question today. When I went in my game Phineas gave me the bronze and silver hha badges(guess u dont get these when u r doing the challenge?) and in my mail i had the silver/gold plaques and the silver/gold trophies. Now I just need to get my score up enough 4 the house model :)

You will keep the golden house exteriors once you obtained them. Cancel the theme challenge (by first saying you want to change it). If you jumped directly to 150.000 you'll also have skipped the badge, but Phinneas still gives you all 3 in a row so the same should be happening to the HHA items.

Back