• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Anyone having difficulty selling collectibles?

I think something could be done about the shop, since the tbt / event currency that goes into it just gets sent to the void. It would be cool if all items could be sold back and their stock would increase by that many, if that makes sense. That way there would still be plenty of common / low tier collectibles available for people to buy and we wouldn't have as much trouble getting rid of them. I'm not entirely sure how the collectible sellback values would be determined, though, especially since their current values are subjective...
I actually kind of love this idea, especially for the people who miss having event restocks! Imagine the hype if a Star Wand popped up in the shop

I don’t begrudge any of the users who are TBT rich, mainly because you actually see them working hard for it. Running 5 to 10 TBT (or even less in some cases) item shops takes dedication. I know I personally couldn’t be bothered logging on just for a low TBT sale ( catalog items, stacks of materials etc.), so I give them credit for taking the time.

If users successfully managed to purchase a collectible and resell it for a higher price, then that’s just good business sense. Outwardly, it may appear to be an easy scam, but being able to interpret sales trends and monitor price fluctuations are skills in themselves.

As mentioned, when the next AC game launches, the forum will surge and sales will increase once again.

I don't know how the TBT is generated on the backend or how the economy is maintained, but since we've had Bell Booms as part of a number of recent forum events, what if the amount we earn per post is increased permanently from its current state? Raise how much we earn per post and then future Bell Booms can be even boomier.
I wouldn’t mind seeing the amount of tbt you earn for posting get a buff. Also just my personal opinion but I feel like too many areas of the forum don’t award bells for posting in (doesn’t help that these tend to be the areas/threads I post in most frequently, hahaha)
I don't have much to add to this discussion other than to echo these two points..

The event Bell Booms are such a huge help to me as someone who usually has less than 400 TBT. During the Hybrid event week I was able to spam post my way to nearly 500 TBT (when I had started with around 24 TBT), which all went towards buying 9 hyacinths and a flimsy watering can in the hopes of spawning hybrids.

I think the post earnings default should be raised to what the Bell Boom earnings are, at least as a starting point. Preferably a bit higher because I did feel like I was nearly spamming and also running out of places to make sincere posts!

It might not fix the TBT economy but it would be something.

Even if we did have Bell Booms, there needs to be alternative ways to generate more TBT, like when I suggested mini-games. I don’t know if we’re allowed to have Animal Crossing fan games, but we can have generic games like the Arcade from the 2017 TBT Fair and the 2020 Game Night. But even if you can make TBT and submit scores, that can’t be unrestricted. Score submissions to earn TBT will have a cap on how much you can earn in one day from one game.

If users successfully managed to purchase a collectible and resell it for a higher price, then that’s just good business sense. Outwardly, it may appear to be an easy scam, but being able to interpret sales trends and monitor price fluctuations are skills in themselves.
we might be thinking about two different situations but knowingly offering to buy a collectible for less than it's worth with the intent to flip it for profit is by definition bad faith trading. it's not like neopets or flight rising or somewhere with an anonymous mass-selling system where you put your item up for grabs to the void, on tbt you have to have a (virtual) face to face interaction with someone to buy their collectibles - you have to ask. to turn around and resell what you just bought for a profit is scalping and it's scummy.

I noticed for the last few years now collectible sales have been slow. Also the fact that the TBT Marketplace is loaded with selling threads and hardly any buying ones. It hasn’t always been like this.

To make things work (for me anyways) I’ve been willing to sell my collectibles super cheap and that does get sales. Sure to some it’s taking a pretty big “loss” but without a good price nothing moves anyways so I’d rather make a little TBT and make someone happy than just sit on my horde of collectibles.

Due to this I have a decent savings of TBT. By no means rich but I could potentially buy one fairly expensive collectible if I really desired it.

BRING BACK INTEREST IN THE ABD BUT ONLY LIKE 10K MAX
Post automatically merged:

Also do a lottery in events that are like raffles but reward TBT instead of collectibles. Like the rubbish lottery in Pokemon where you have like a 0.05 percent chance of winning big

I have another idea. Have an Animal Crossing wiki attached to this site, which includes pages on Animal Crossing fansites. You can earn TBT Bells by making contributions to the wiki, with 100 TBT for new pages, 50 TBT for new media, 10 TBT for new edits, and 5 TBT for changed or removed edits. However, it will have to be submission-based, so people don’t abuse the system. Maybe early on, we could make it free to edit, but as the wiki develops further, it will have to be restricted. This isn’t the first time I thought of this idea.

I have another idea. Have an Animal Crossing wiki attached to this site, which includes pages on Animal Crossing fansites. You can earn TBT Bells by making contributions to the wiki, with 100 TBT for new pages, 50 TBT for new media, 10 TBT for new edits, and 5 TBT for changed or removed edits. However, it will have to be submission-based, so people don’t abuse the system. Maybe early on, we could make it free to edit, but as the wiki develops further, it will have to be restricted. This isn’t the first time I thought of this idea.
Why don't we get Nookipedia involved?

Why don't we get Nookipedia involved?
Because they’re from a different system (Nintendo Independent Wiki Alliance). Notice that Serebii and ZeldaDungeon aren’t part of NIWA or Fandom, but they are popular wikis. Nookipedia is already part of NIWA, and Animal Crossing Wiki is part of Fandom. TBT’s Animal Crossing Wiki would have to be independent from both Fandom and NIWA.

Apples, I offered you 400 for the planet wand. You could have made a sale. Why are you having trouble selling a collectible for a lower price?

Because they’re from a different system (Nintendo Independent Wiki Alliance). Notice that Serebii and ZeldaDungeon aren’t part of NIWA or Fandom, but they are popular wikis. Nookipedia is already part of NIWA, and Animal Crossing Wiki is part of Fandom. TBT’s Animal Crossing Wiki would have to be independent from both Fandom and NIWA.
Oh, OK! I typed out my response to your idea on impulse so I didn't think about it for a moment.

For my two cents on this idea (🪙🪙), we already have two Animal Crossing wikis. I don't think we need another one if the sole purpose of its existence is to help people make more TBT. Also, I don't see any people here who are good at wiki editing, and those people are needed to maintain the wiki.

we might be thinking about two different situations but knowingly offering to buy a collectible for less than it's worth with the intent to flip it for profit is by definition bad faith trading. it's not like neopets or flight rising or somewhere with an anonymous mass-selling system where you put your item up for grabs to the void, on tbt you have to have a (virtual) face to face interaction with someone to buy their collectibles - you have to ask. to turn around and resell what you just bought for a profit is scalping and it's scummy.
I don’t disagree here, but I do think it comes down to the person selling. Personally, I’ve never had to barter. On the rare occasion I actively try to sell something, I get what I’ve asked for…so I look at it as both the buyer and the seller leaving the transaction satisfied.
Yes, I’ve seen people turn around and sell things for more than I charged them in the first place, but I don’t hold it against them. Once the collectible leaves my inventory it’s no longer mine.
Admittedly, I might have a ‘wait a sec…’ moment when I see it for sale, but that’s about it.

Oh, OK! I typed out my response to your idea on impulse so I didn't think about it for a moment.

For my two cents on this idea (🪙🪙), we already have two Animal Crossing wikis. I don't think we need another one if the sole purpose of its existence is to help people make more TBT. Also, I don't see any people here who are good at wiki editing, and those people are needed to maintain the wiki.
There are three wikis on Pokémon. One on Fandom, one NIWA wiki, and one as part of Serebii. I’m sure we can benefit with three wikis on Animal Crossing. Besides, Fandom is already dead, and Nookipedia has a couple errors (like it once said that Woolio is a lazy villager even though he is a jock villager) that makes Animal Crossing Wiki a more factual wiki.
Apples, I offered you 400 for the planet wand. You could have made a sale. Why are you having trouble selling a collectible for a lower price?
Although I don’t mind selling for less, it also has to be reasonable. The collectible usually asks for 4,000 to 6,000 TBT. 2,000 TBT may be low, but it’s still reasonable. But 400 TBT for a Planet Wand is still too low, even for someone who doesn’t rely on the tier lists like me. In fact, glow wands have rarely sold for less than 2,000 TBT ever since their introduction back in 2016.

But yeah, the fact I couldn’t sell the planet wand at all, combined with the many troubles I had selling collectibles over the last nine months and the fact that the marketplace isn’t even making an inch is why I ended up bringing attention to the problem. It’s not about how much one would accept a collectible for. It’s more about if anyone would buy it. We already discussed the collectible scarcity. Now we’ll need to discuss the TBT shortage.

I got it. TBT should send out stimulus checks.
Actually this wouldn't be a bad idea. Once upon a time TBT offered birthday bells- basically you got a couple hundred (maybe it was only 100?) TBT every year on your birthday. The admins could bring this back if they're too scared to implement a permanent bell boom. Or like someone mentioned, offer more TBT as rewards instead of collectibles during events since I think at this point there's more than enough pixel squares to go around anyways.

They’d have to have a staff member sat going through every submission, reading it all, fact checking it all and confirming and denying it all. People sending CTS threads moaning their page didn’t get accepted. That sounds horrible tbh 😭

I hope this isn’t a bad idea: since we have an Island Journals forum, how about a forum for game ideas for the next Animal Crossing game, or the game idea journals forum.

Back