Anyone find the limit to Kapp'n's islands being once per day kinda odd?

DaviddivaD

Sleepless Grandpa
Bells
Tasty Cake
I could see three per day or five but one? This only encourages that people Time Travel more. I just wish to get all of the crops. The island I visited, which had Brewster on it, had no crops and had bushes (Hollys) that I already have. My Leif is selling potatoes btw.

Most players aren't time travelers and this game isn't generally catered to those who do it. Many features were limited to once per day because this game has always been meant to be played on a regular basis and gameplay is not meant to be rushed.

no, it seems odd to me, too. when i read it in the update thread, my immediate thought was ???? especially since the regular islands are unlimited. if the problem was not wanting people to "rush" or because these islands can be more valuable, making the trips cost more seems like the obvious solution to me -- especially since the islands themselves are randomized so you could get a 'bust' several times in a row. i'm not a time traveller, but this detail does admittedly have me tempted.

Yes, it's a bit odd. In New Leaf you could visit the Island as often as you'd like. Should be like the mystery islands.

Also, for those who don't time travel:
Visit Blathers before taking the boat! Or you'll have to wait an extra day to do what he tells you.

Most players aren't time travelers and this game isn't generally catered to those who do it. Many features were limited to once per day because this game has always been meant to be played on a regular basis and gameplay is not meant to be rushed.

Then I don't see why these islands cost Nook Miles. There is no point to it. The visit to his islands should just cost bells if it's once per day.

At first I thought it was odd and dissapointing, but seeing how much great stuff everyone is getting there I kinda get it. I mean the rocks that give star fragments? Money trees? seasonal DIY recipes? These islands were clearly made to be special and rare.

It's a cool and exciting feature and I'm happy it gives us one more thing to do every day.

I don’t mind that it is only one. It would have been nice if it was to an island with new things instead of holly bushes I already have.

I didn't realize it was once per day so here I am time travelling to the next day because I didn't do much on the first go! Just wanted to hear Kapp'n's beautiful song

I expected as much. Little disappointed. Would love to try a few per day, but it is what it is. Gives me something to look forward to each day I guess

Honeslty, I don't get this limitation. As we can travel using Nook Miles Tickets via Airport as many times per day as we want, same rule should apply to other type of travel. I could understand if this type of travel would be free.
Anyway... every single game has a limited content, so at some point everything become known. Could be a way trying to make game more interesting?

To be honest, thats not really what disappoints me. Im mostly dispointed in how little new content can be found on those islands. There should have been new fruits and stuff. It doesn't even look like theres more than those crops that they told us about. The direct was pretty misleading if there are no other crops than the ones they mentioned, cause I distinctly remember then saying each crop and then saying "and more" afterward.

They limit other things to ridiculous means so I'm not surprised this has gotten the same treatment. *shrugs* Guess I'll TT lol.

It doesn’t really bother me because I’m in no rush, but it does seem like an odd choice. Really, a limit like that really just pushes people to time travel and kinda punishes those who don’t.

To be honest, thats not really what disappoints me. Im mostly dispointed in how little new content can be found on those islands. There should have been new fruits and stuff. It doesn't even look like theres more than those crops that they told us about. The direct was pretty misleading if there are no other crops than the ones they mentioned, cause I distinctly remember then saying each crop and then saying "and more" afterward.

It is pretty surprising that they didn’t include more fruit trees IMO. Just seemed like an obvious addition, seeing both how easy they’d be to include and how well they’d fit with the mysterious islands theme.

Last edited:
At first I thought it was odd and dissapointing, but seeing how much great stuff everyone is getting there I kinda get it. I mean the rocks that give star fragments? Money trees? seasonal DIY recipes? These islands were clearly made to be special and rare.

It's a cool and exciting feature and I'm happy it gives us one more thing to do every day.

Honestly, once I obtain all crops and get the new bushes, I will probably never use this feature again due to how random everything is. Getting star fragments from rocks and seasonal DIYs are nice but the island I went to didn't have them. In fact, I got no DIYs. Maybe it's because I have them all? I dunno...

I was just lucky to find a certain pigeon. But I guess that's a scripted event.

Limit it to three times a day. Not once. People are just going to TT anyway regardless of these limitations. I haven't so far since playing New Horizons though.

It is pretty surprising that they didn’t include more fruit trees IMO. Just seemed like an obvious addition, seeing both how easy they’d be to include and how well they’d fit with the mysterious islands theme.
They probably decided to save it for the next game since they will more than likely expand on farming and cooking and probably crafting.
Still, it's sad they didn't at least add a couple like bananas and mangos since these are islands with many items having a tropical feel.

Back