• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Anyone excited for the new Life is Strange?

xXJessXx

Bells
I’m such a big fan of the franchise. I watched the trailer for the new upcoming game in September and I can’t wait for it. Life is Strange has an amazing way to create such a cosy atmosphere. The lighting, the soundtrack, the story. It’s all so comforting to me. I loved the first and second one, and when they announced they are remastering Life is Strange and Life is Strange Before the Storm thats even better. I definitely need to preorder the Ultimate edition of LIS3 so I can grab both the remasters too :)

Oh my goodness I hadn't realized they were making a third game! This is exciting to know. I think I'll try to remain cautiously optimistic, though.

I enjoyed the original Life is Strange even though it definitely has it's faults. The fact that it was one of the first big games I saw that had LGBT undertones to it meant a lot to me, so it's got a special place in my heart and I'm excited to see it remastered with better graphics. The story of the first game definitely has some flaws, both in story and in gameplay mechanics! Playing the nightmare sequences is so tricky for me. I will also remain forever bitter that we didn't get a more clear confirmation that Chloe and Max have romantic feelings for each other. I just wanted a better kiss or them saying they loved each other. Is that too much to ask? 😪

I wasn't a huge fan of Before the Storm. I started off on the wrong foot with the game though because the voice actress for Chloe being different left a bad taste in my mouth, lol. I don't like change. I also think that Rachel's character was one that was better off being unexplored. She was meant to be this larger than life mysterious entity in the original game and honestly her storyline in the first game was still emotional, even if we didn't know her. Letting us get to actually know her and see her actions harms that aspect of the first game, at least in my opinion. I personally didn't enjoy her character and don't enjoy the pairing of Chloe and Rachel together so it's super unfair they got to have a more defined love story, lol.

The newest Life is Strange game that came out and centered around the two brothers I haven't played yet! I've watched bits and pieces of a play through on YouTube but I haven't seen the entire thing. From what I remember though the relationship between the two brothers was really sweet and I think that's something the dev team does really well. Creating a relationship (whether it romantic, platonic, or between family,) is something that I've enjoyed getting to see. They also tend to have really neat story concepts even if they don't always translate the best to a game format.

I'm excited to see what the story is for this new game and how it plays out. The minimal Googling I did about it says that it'll be released all in one go instead of episodically which I think will be a really nice change. I'm also thrilled to hear that the original Life is Strange is being remastered! It won't change the hiccups in the story but I can't wait to see how pretty the game will be with updated graphics.

I'm really looking forward to it! I love the first game and BTS, so I'm going to get the remasters of those (especially since I've been planning on replaying them, anyway). I skipped the 2nd game but I'll definitely get true colours, perhaps not on release depending on if I can justify the price before it's reduced a bit.

I absolutely loved the original game. It's one of the few platinums I have on ps4 and I still go back to it occasionally because of the story.

BTS... I liked it alot but the storyline is deeply flawed...

I own the 2nd, and have yet to play it. I don't know why, maybe it's because I enjoyed the Chloe/Max/Rachel storyline too much to play it. There's a new one coming?? Hmm, I'll have to watch for details

It looks really interesting. I haven't played Life is Strange 2, but True Colors seems more appealing to me than LiS2 ever did. I think it's because the main character for True Colors seems like an interesting person. I want to see where her story goes.

I played and enjoyed the original game and Before the Storm. Before the Storm isn't as good as the original, but still worth playing IMO. The Chloe voice actor change didn't really bother me. I don't really see the point of a remastering for these game though. They're so recent and look great as they are. I personally don't think it's going to be worth my time or money to rebuy them.

Very much so! Life is Strange for me, personally, is a series I hold very near and dear to my heart. The entirety of the game itself is one that I am always drawn into, getting lost in a sea of emotions, and all the while always anticipating what is next to come. I remember reading about Life is Strange for the first time in a Gameinformer. I instantly new it was going to be a great game just by the small passage alone but what also drew me to it was the art of just Max's back, facing a wall of selfies. I then watched a person play a bit of a walk through first (so I could get a general feel for the game before purchasing) and within hours, was hooked and I knew I had to get the game for myself! It was all downhill from there as I've played every installment to date aha I look forward to the remastered versions too to relive those amazing memories!

What I truly love about True Colors, and I am excited for the most, is that it initiates the use of empathy by feeling other's emotions to help Alex understand the characters better. Empathic traits are very much heavily implied and touched upon in this installment (if not extremely stretched for the game itself a bit) and that alone for me, made me almost burst into tears when I watched the trailer, for I could relate in my own way and understood exactly how Alex was feeling in regards to this and for that, I pat the devs on the back.

It is so hard to explain something as such because you can simply be seen as crazy or seem it. Being empathic or even an HSP is not all fun and games and in fact, more than not, a double edged blade. Most people wish that they didn't have to feel or deal with what they do and Alex seems to acknowledge this by saying it is a "curse" to which, it very much is. It is both a blessing and a curse to understand the connections you make with people energetically, to feel what they are, and to have it take you over if you are not energetically protected. It can truly harm one's being, mentally, physically and emotionally if not carefull. In a world where feeling "too much" means you are "weak" or to have people constantly you that "You are too emotional" is hard for people that are empathic or HSP to hear as it causes most to not want to even open up due to being so misunderstood by the world.

Most would rather face it alone due to the heavy burden it can carry on one's being. If someone can find somebody to open up to that isn't quick to judge or criticize them and that they understand by wanting to or just get them in general, then it is very much something to hold onto to dearly for it can be hard to come by. Suffering in silence is the best way I would describe how most rather be. "Regenerating one's batteries" is very important on the daily for such souls as taking on such energies every day is very draining. If it were so easy to get rid of, I know in my heart of hearts that most would want to get rid of it if they could because of what it entails.

It isn't all bad though, as the blessing part of it in my eyes, is being able to love one unconditionally because of understanding what they are going through and to help heal those who are going through such heartaches, fears or pain. So while it may have very powerful cons to be that way, the pros are knowing that you could just be someone's ear to listen to or shoulder to cry on if they ever so needed it to help relieve their strife. If anything, the blessing is seeing the happiness and joy one can bring others, even if for a moment ☺

Seeing how it is from Alex's pov will be very interesting. I can only hope that it may help others who are empathic or HSP find that they are truly not alone as there are a lot more in this world who are like them then they think. I also hope it may bring others to understand what it is like on a daily basis to endure such, and to maybe help broaden their perspective a bit to have some compassion for emotions in general, seeing as how of much of a natural and beautiful thing it is to feel.

To all of those people who are like Alex, I just want you to know that you are loved so very much and that I thank you for choosing every day to continue walking forwards with love in your hearts despite the trials and tribulations of what being who you are can bring. You are not alone and I know that the path you walk is a very tough one so please know that taking time out for you is not a selfish thing at all and that self love is very much important, as it is the highest form of love one can give themselves. You give so much to others all of the time, so please remember to do the same for you ❤

I am very excited to play this game and look forward to seeing Alex's story!

Back