• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Anyone else wanting to take things slow with the update?

I love threads like these because it really showcases how wide spread animal crossing is for different people. I TT to heck because collecting and cataloging is the fun part for me as a completionist, but other people have so much fun doing a little bit a day and taking their time and it's just neat.

Plus, I already have to flatten and re-do my island now that there's so much new outdoor furniture haha. So much to do so little time. qwq

I haven’t TT’d at all in ACNH as it is (don’t really like changing my Switch clock, and the main things I would normally do it for are holidays, but I’ve had more time on holidays than usual because my normal family gatherings have all been cancelled throughout the pandemic). I’ve been enjoying getting into a daily routine of 15-30 minutes per evening, plus a little more for projects and such when I have time, and I think that’s what I’m going to stick with with the update. I like to gradually work on new areas and adapt my island for the different seasons, and all of that has been going smoothly at my current pace. My island is nowhere near finished, but I don’t really want it to be “done” anyway.

I am trying not to rush through all of the new options as soon as they’re available. So the first night, I set up my ordinance (night owl, as I always struggle to get home and logged in before Nook’s closes), and last night, I paid off my first extra character on Harv’s island and paid for my first storage expansion. I haven’t had time to try Kapp’n tours, cook, etc., but I’m planning on gradually adding those things in over time.

I also want to take the DLC slowly. I haven’t bought it yet (probably will tonight or this weekend), but I’m planning on working on one house per day or so, likely less than that because I won’t have time every day. At a more likely pace of 2-3 houses per week, it should last a long time.

I learned the hard way that I won't have a choice if I want to continue enjoying the game. So yes, I will be taking it little by little.

I love threads like these because it really showcases how wide spread animal crossing is for different people. I TT to heck because collecting and cataloging is the fun part for me as a completionist, but other people have so much fun doing a little bit a day and taking their time and it's just neat.
Exactly! That's why TBT is by far my favorite internet place for anything Animal Crossing related

I love reading about how everyone appreciates this game in their own way, and I feel like there's a lot of respect and understanding here even if sometimes we disagree on some things

You put it best: it is pretty neat lol ❤

Yep same! No nore time travelling for a while for me! I want to play it as it was intended, at least for the time being. Sounds lame, but thinking the holiday season will be more enjoyable if I'm playing like we're all in this together, experiencing life together haha. I don't want to rush that, or I won't get to appreciate it the same.

I ended up keeping my day on the 3rd so I could look for one of the new villagers when I had time. I finally found Dom who will eventually go to my second island permanently. Now that I’m caught up on the right day I will not be time traveling. Luckily for me I was able to get most of the crops between my two islands. Just waiting to find carrots.

Same with me, I'm muting some of the twitter accounts I follow since it's just overwhelming everytime I see the gorgeous new decor items and then I realized I haven't unlocked things yet on Harv's island. Also, the frantic trading of the new crops, I tell myself I still have to wait to pay Lloid for Leif's kiosk lol.

I had to do this early last year too. I got depressed after watching youtube island tours and even if I know they're tt'ers (like I am), I don't want to see items from future events 6 months down the line, no matter how beautiful their islands are.

I tt backwards in time to avoid spoilers when I kick a villager out. Now I'm tyring to figure out the right balance of maybe tt'ng to open a few kiosks early like Cyrus and Reese's and left the rest to unfold organically.

I'm just going to savour each new thing...

i feel the exact same way! i haven’t looked at any guides, watched any videos, done any trades, etc as i want to discover and obtain as much as i can on my own. this’ll probably change in the future so that i can check to make sure i didn’t miss out on anything, but for right now, being surprised by all the new features, diys, furniture, etc i come across on my own every day makes me really happy and makes the game more fun for me. ☺️

I feel like I'm even slower than I thought lol

I only decorated 3 HHP homes and one of them was Eloise's (the dlc's tutorial). I've been focusing on finishing small areas of my island that I've neglected and to be honest, the only thing I would say I'm rushing is Harv's island. I'm paying 100k a day to open everything, and so far, I still need to pay for Kicks' RV (paid for Sahara's today, she'll open tomorrow).

I even decided to start preparing my decoration for the holidays, as we're almost through the first half of November already.

I'm taking it slow personally, because if this is truly the last ACNH update as Nintendo claims, I want to savor it.

I'm at 4 homes so far, which I think is on the very slow side.

I am definitely taking it slow this time. I told my firends not to send me any recipes or new items. I want find out about them all on my own. But my firends keep on sending new items or diys nonetheless. I am afraid that by rushing through the new dlc content i spoil the game experience for me.

Back