• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Anyone else think the game is more fun WITHOUT turnips?

I think the turnip concept is probably fine. I think the problem is being able to sell them online. It would be like buying stock in real life, and having access to stock markets in the multiverse in which you can resell your stock to.

I don’t mind the turnip stalk market. When I first started playing I didn’t even realize that you had to buy before noon lol,and never bothered. Once I figured that out, it has worked out fine for me. I only lost out once so far.
I made money sometimes by planting more bells. I sometimes plant 99,000 and triple that, and a lot of times it doesn’t work, but has with smaller amounts. I also make good money diving for sea creatures. And now selling my vegetables brings in good money too. Since April I now have over 12 million bells and expanded my house as far as it goes.
I haven’t done any trading, or buying online. Just enjoy playing the game .

Yeah, I’ve never really used the stalk market. I only bought the turnips to let them rot in order to catch an ant. 😂 Also Daisy Mae’s runny nose grosses me out.

Yeah, I’ve never really used the stalk market. I only bought the turnips to let them rot in order to catch an ant. 😂 Also Daisy Mae’s runny nose grosses me out.
Maybe we'll be able to buy insect repellant in the Cranny soon and you won't even have to buy the infernal things for that purpose anymore!

I've bought turnips a few times, and I often check the prices that the Nooklings are buying them for, but I definitely haven't tried to play the stalk market. If I need bells, I tend to go diving until I have enough to pay something off. I love that Daisy Mae comes around, and I like that the stalk market exists, but I don't use it too often. 😊

turnips are absolutely the worst. I wouldn't have gotten the achievements if it wasn't for the community here. Its so unpredictable and easy to forget. also it wasn't really incentive-tized till the recipes came out. then i had to go buy turnips again to get the recipes.

Agreed! Mostly because I am absolutely terrible at the whole turnip thing. I can never get myself to purchase for them 50 because they are expensive, and then they end up rotting anyway because I never find a price good enough.

I've never done the stalk market. I never liked the chance of losing (which I know the gamble is the whole point) and waiting all week. I've just swapped my TBT here for igb, which ironically people probably recieved through the stalk market lol. I found trading for TBT is a way easier and faster method of getting bells.

I just had a thought that it might be interesting if players could indirectly influence the price of the turnips rather than simply hoping for it to turn in their favor.

Animal Crossing: Insider Trading Paradise (produced by Yuji Naka)

I don't like the stalk market either but I had the opposite of your experience. I nearly always lost money and if I made any it was minimal. With the price changing twice a day it's difficult to have the time to keep checking and even time traveling didn't help. I only made real money maybe once. I initially tried early on just to get some bells built up but as I say it was more work than anything else. I did want the achievements so I did do it but it took me years to get all of them because I'd get annoyed and tired of dealing with it so fast.

I kinda like It but that's just my preference. Personally, I'm a bit disappointed I can't buy turnips in real time (bc I go to church on Sunday mornings) and I always have to time travel. I wish turnips were sold at a different time; I rarely buy turnips because of this. Even when I do buy turnip I sometimes forget and lose all my money but I've had good RNG in the past and gotten a lot of money. Wednesday is a good day to sell at least on my island, if it's on the "peak" trend. I think the more you buy turnips the better your RNG or something crazy like that. I don't know.

I don't really bother with turnips that much anyway because I have a whole orchard of non-native trees whose fruits sell for 500 bells each and that's way more than the max for turnip prices I believe. :p

Not really, bells don't really affect my enjoyment of the game. I was just happy to be done with the turnip achievement. I just wish there were more expensive items to make use of what you're expected to generate. I'd love to spend like 1m bells to redecorate public buildings like we could in New Leaf with the exteriors. But yeah, I play to decorate and having the funds for inclines and bridges is not a negative in my eyes.

I don't like playing the stalk market because you can't put the turnips in storage or the refrigerator so they have to be in your pockets or on the floor or the ground. And I hate having to play morning and night every day to find the best price. And I can't stand germy snot-nosed Daisy Mae.

I think the turnip concept is probably fine. I think the problem is being able to sell them online. It would be like buying stock in real life, and having access to stock markets in the multiverse in which you can resell your stock to.
This is my take too. At first when I was just sharing turnip prices with a few friends it was quite fun. Just like the rest of the game it's like a simplified, no-risk, cute version of real life. But once the infamous turnip website took off, my friends and I became bellionaires but the stalk market starting feeling like a method of generating bells without hacking and that took a lot of fun out of it for me. I did love all the turnip memes though!

I think the stalk market is fun when you collaborate with friends! Outside of that it’s just another option that exists but I barely ever touch& has no effect on my enjoyment of the games. The stonks memes are funny though lol

Honestly, when I played, I had a love-hate relationship with turnips. Primarily because I work, and I also prefer not to Time Travel. I take pride in playing the game slowly. When I time travel, I tend to get unmotivated quickly. So it is hard to get reasonable stalk market prices when the store does not open before I go in and the time has changed by the lunch break. I dabble, but I break even or lose more than I gain. I wish they would have considered working individuals when they created things. It would have been nice only to have one price to worry about checking.

I'm just going to say it. Turnips are overrated. There are so many other ways of making bells faster than just relying on Turnips. What I like to do is sell a lot of blue roses to make a lot of bells and then I always sell assessed fossils because they are high in value to sell.

Turnips are great to make a lot of bells super fast - like millions in a couple of hours - and then just... stop forever. I'm very grateful to the turnip system for making it so I'll never have to worry about bells again, but I'm also not ever touching it again unless I reset my island.

I don't really play the stalk market, though every so often my friends and I will get together to search for some good prices then make some bells - enough to be comfortable with for awhile. I don't really like or have fun being broke in game, but I also don't see the appeal to spending majority of my gameplay time hunting perfect prices or taking gambles either. Playing it the legit way stresses me out and actually has made me feel sick to my stomach (mainly because I make myself so nervous, because I'm a weirdo x.x)

Back