• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Anyone else think the game is more fun WITHOUT turnips?

I've never done the stalk market before, and I don't do anything with turnips.

Not to mention that I am a night owl, and I don't want to time-travel to Sunday mornings, so I don't even play the game to receive turnips from Daisy Mae, anyway...

i don’t have enough time to play the game for long periods to make profit without turnips. if there wasn’t a stalk market i likely would have been stuck ages ago.

In 2020 I tried "hacking" the stalk market and went to lots of islands to get lots of money, and tbh it really wasn't that fun. In previous games I never tried buying and selling turnips, and maybe the original developers intended for it to be a more simplistic thing you do on the side in your town, but I never really was interested in doing it. Maybe in the next game they can make it more involved and easier to guess which way it'll go (like villagers mentioning it) and I might try, but for now I don't think I'll try it again.

I have never,ever done the turnips; in any of the animal crossing games.
Mainly because I really felt stupid on how it actually works, and it just didn't make sense to me. I also really don't like wasting bells if I don't get anything out of it. (Really don't feel like going to another Island to sell there.)

I may have brought some turnips in the past, but hah I even got them bad once because I just forgot. Stuff like this never really interested me. And I like the struggle, and the relief feeling of being able to save for something I needed. It just feels better.

Although, I do have a friend's switch and their game at my house, so I could do that one day, but it's not a hude deal to get done anyways.

As someone who has been playing Animal Crossing for 10+ years I can honestly say I have never bothered with the turnips at all. I have always ignored whenever Joan or Daisy Mae visited, I just didn't care LOL

I had my other ways of making money in game, so I have honestly never bothered to learn anything about it, and I probably never will lol

I've never paid too much interest to turnips. By the time I got the game I think the early initial turnips craze was slowing down already so I didn't really feel a need to get in on it. I've only bought turnips maybe 3 or 4 occasions? And never in any crazy amounts, usually not even a full inventory.

I do get why some people in New Horizons need a lot of bells for inclines and bridges, if you redo your island a lot that can be expensive quickly but I don't personally spend a lot so I've never had trouble getting bells other ways.

i think ive done the stalk market like once then stopped!!! i never found it that fun and i dont want to live amongst a thousand turnips for a week, id rather just make my money the good old fashioned slow way

I made a lot of money on turnips but once I had the achievement and enough money to not really need more I stopped. I really don't like the stalk market anyway but I like being wealthy more💁‍♀️

yeah i can't be bothered with turnips, they're way too much effort. i tried it out for a bit then went nah this is annoying as hell lol. i'd rather sell stuff.

I think the turnips are a fun way to boost money, but the thing is, there's really not much to buy later on.

We really need a bell sink.

Back