• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Anyone else miss the old days?

Ah. To be in 2007. Me, my sister and my aunt basically formed an AC group of our own. Me stealing all my aunt's hybrids to put on the ground and run over till they died, my sister expanding all her rooms to full size and then putting one piece of furniture in each room, my aunt filling her pockets with series and sets of every kind, filling up her pockets, throwing all her leftovers in a note in a bottle and wondering why they didn't come back to her. Goodness, I miss those hectic days.

I agree with what you're saying. I definitley play a little differently than I used to when I played WW and CF. I don't see it as a bad thing though, I still really enjoy playing animal crossing. I don't think any of the things mentioned ruins gameplay, it's just a different way of playing.

I want to purchase a new copy of AC and use it to develop my town, get all my "dream villagers" ect. to see which way of playing is more enjoyable.

yea, i miss playing the game youthfully with no care of my town layout or the villagers in my town and letting it freely cycle through whats meant to happen n the game lmao

i personally really love this metagame thats developed, if you could call it that lol. i think its great having more control over my town, and i don't feel like i've lost touch with my style of game play. i still love talking to villagers, running errands for them, planting flowers, etc. but tbh there are a lot of things i miss about the old games.
i miss getting random letters from unknown senders, the old soundtrack, balloons having random items instead of junk from the balloon set, and i feel like villagers used to have more entertaining dialogue. personalities are toned down a lot now. i hope the next AC they release is more outrageous, random, and zany like the older games. it seems like its becoming more and more calm, which is a neat approach, i like HHD. i guess i just miss the feel of the old games a lot, especially wild world.
and if AC isnt gonna return to that aesthetic, i would really like to see the newer magicians quest games translated to english!

Last edited:
I recently brought out my gamecube and cracked out the original Animal Crossing. Playing it for the past few days has made me realize how simple yet because of that, how amazing it is. Dont get me wrong I love New Leaf to death but it brought me back to when I was playing the GC version as a kid. There were no "dreamies" or plot resetting. No online play or trading over wifi. Again, as muh as I love those additions now, things were definitely simpler back then.

Bring me back to 2002 :(

My daughter was six when AC came out. I would sit up all night fishing while she and my husband slept so I could pay off my loans. She turns twenty tomorrow. And I still love playing. And yes, I too miss the good old days.

I know what you mean. I kinda miss the simpler times where dreamies weren't everything, and although I had favourite villagers I didn't feel like I had to absolutely have them in town to enjoy myself there. Infact, I miss times when I didn't even have dreamies and now i'm obsessed with having the perfect town and I feel like everything needs to be perfect. I remember when villagers used to move in I never used to have such an issue with wherever they plotted, but now I feel like plot resetting is an absolute must. The town felt more alive that way y'know, but I mean if the game wasn't really intended for anyone to have dreamies or certain villagers they want to live in town I don't think they'd make it too easy to get them into town in the first place. Since all you have to do is invite them. But I agree I miss simpler times, but I just wouldn't be able to bear it if I let my villagers move wherever they liked.

Although I have tried to play it how it's meant to be played in a way. I don't time travel and only sometimes I do if I feel like I really have to. I never time travel when I want somebody to move out, even if there's a villager on the VTP that i'm interested in. I don't neccessarily think NL was an upgrade on ACGC in every way since they both have their own charms. Especially with the amount of holidays there are in ACGC compared to new leaf.

Last edited:
my ac experience was better before i knew about tbt. there was a lot more excitement when you had 1mil bells, caught something rare or had a cool new villager move in

I feel the same way. I actually reset my town recently because I wasn't happy with how -- for lack of a better word -- commercial it was starting to feel. Buying and selling villagers, having the ability to get pretty much anything you wanted really quickly...it just wasn't fun for me. Sometimes I wish I'd never even joined this site, lol

I used to adore playing CF with my family. We had our town, Totton, for around 2 years and we used to play every day. We'd take it in turns and have 20 minutes each. It was so much fun!

I remember when I didn't care what my town looked like or the villagers too. But in New Leaf, your expected to have a perfect town with all these paths and flowers.

Back