• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Anybody else get music bugs like this?

SakuraJD

Sakura of Clow, the Perfect Cherry Reaper
Bells
Switch
3786-0782-4693
Pear (Fruit)
Silver Mailbox
User Title Color Change
New Horizons Token
I keep getting this bug, almost always during 11pm (at least i havent noticed it during any other hour) where the music just stops, for anywhere between half a second, to almost 15 seconds long. the game still played, there was no lag, the sound effects were still fine.. it was just the hourly music. video inside the spoiler tag. its Twitter, so it should play in chat just fine..

Well, bug got worse today. game crashed during 11pm hour... seems like a pretty big coincidence..

You may have corrupt game data (not the same as save data). You may have to reinstall the game or something like that.

I have a sound bug for when I shake the trees and scroll through menus I have no clue why it happened though.

You may have corrupt game data (not the same as save data). You may have to reinstall the game or something like that.

yeah i was genuinely dreading this. im playing the digital version, and i didnt have these issues before, so i once again blame automatic updates :p hopefully its just some random thing.. i'll check though

I don't play with sound, so I wonder how common this is?

well, no corruption. no update either.. but the music is definitely skipping during 11pm. and it only seems to happen during that hour... very odd.

well, no corruption. no update either.. but the music is definitely skipping during 11pm. and it only seems to happen during that hour... very odd.

I've looked all over the web for people having this issue, and I can only trace your issue. There doesn't seem to be any update past 1.6.0 (no 1.6.1, etc), so no worries there. Corrupted data isn't always caught by scanning for it, unfortunately. I'd recommend reinstalling ACNH anyways, even if there's no corruption detected.

As for me, I appear to have no issues on my end. Corruption is my likely guess. Your savefile should be fine.

I haven’t had this issue but as a lot said it might be corruption.

But I think it could be that a file is missing from your download which is causing it to just cut out. Since if the file isn’t there, there’s nothing to play. (Or something is triggering it not to play )
You could try updating the game before booting up, see if it did update/is missing anything. You could also try redownloading it again.

Seeing as it’s just happening at 11pm, I would just avoid playing at that time until the next update comes through, as you’ve stated it’s crashed at one point.

Honestly it is strange.

I've had a somewhat similar glitch to this but instead it was my villagers voice cutting out mid sentence

I've had a somewhat similar glitch to this but instead it was my villagers voice cutting out mid sentence
I have experienced a bug similar to that! I was talking to Zucker and his voice just...stopped working during one speech bubble. His mouth still vibrated as usual, but there was no voice.

i’ve had that happen too! i haven’t had any trouble with it recently which made me think it was a bug they patched out but there were two occasions where my villagers’ voices just...stopped. very unusual

well it's definitely a recurring problem. on days i forget or just dont notice what time it is, and i leave myself sitting outside.. a couple minutes past 11pm, the game just shuts down on me. hasnt corrupted a save yet, thankfully, but clearly something is wrong.

its not even the game though, its clearly the Outdoor music at 11pm. if im inside, anywhere at all inside, it doesnt happen.
i think one of these times i might test it by standing next to a music player, since if youre close enough, they quiet/deafen the outdoor music..

This is a hard one to figure out. I was going to say it's just unfortunate bug that came from the latest patch. But now it's progressed into a game breaking audio issue.
I was discussing this with my other friend who's also a game dev, and I think the music file is corrupted. I say that loosely because I don't work in audio. He doesn't know if the cloud will save corruption. So we don't know if your back-up files saved that audio issue.

I think you might need to reach out to Nintendo support. It sounds complicated and I can't think what else you could do.

I am no help commenting here but this sounds like it could be the beginning of a ac creepy pasta 👀

Good luck solving it tho!

thats so strange! I am playing a digital copy too but I dont usually play as late as 11pm so I haven't experienced this. Hopefully it will get patched or something, good luck!

Back