• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Any villagers you thought you liked but don’t like anymore?

Velvet_nosebleed

The Holy Trinity
Bells
Switch
6767-7678-1962
For me it’s Naomi. I bought her from someone else and I really like her design. But as time went on, she just didn’t really vibe with me as much as my other snooty does (Gigi) for some reason, so she is on the chopping block. Plus, Naomi is always doing the weirdest stuff such as wanting her own flea, doing yoga in the middle of the intersection, or sitting in the middle of and blocking the stairs.

Any other dreamies you got you aren’t keeping anymore bc you don’t vibe with them anymore?

the only villager i can think of is dobie. he was meant to be my permanent cranky and i still love him but my plans got changed a bit when i ran into beau and so to accommodate my 2 lazies (since zucker’s never leaving), i’ve decided to let dobie go. i still love him so much but out of all my dreamies, he’s unfortunately my least favourite ;-;

I have a few.

Louie. For some reason, I prefer his non-HD design. I dunno. I like DK and I got him because of his resemblance, but I dunno. We just didn't click.

Lucky. He is originally one of my original lazy faves, along with Punchy and Bob. I was really happy when he was my 3rd and my very first mystery island villager. But after a month on the island, he just felt pretty meh.

I liked Puddles in NL, but when I invited her to the campsite with an amiibo card, for some reason. she didn’t remind me anything of the Puddles from NL aside from her appearance. Meeting Rudy had changed my villager plans, so, I don’t think I would of had room for her anyways.

All of my favorites, as the constant exercising and only ever commenting on my waistcoat is turning me off them, sadly.

Last edited:
Octavian lived in my Wild World town for years and was my absolute favourite villager at the time but he doesn't really do anything for me anymore. I've ran into him on a couple of mystery islands and, while it was nice to see him, I didn't have a desire to bring him back with me.

I might get some hot hate, but Audie. I guess the main appeal to me were the sunglasses she vibed with but not only do I not find her yellow hair to red fur color appealing, but whenever shes outside shes always wearing those stupid sporty shades insead. I still like her, but definitely not a villager I'd keep, which is a shame

Sprinkle. I love her design and everything but I've had her a week now and it's just not working. Not sure why, I usually love penguins in AC.

I might get some hot hate, but Audie. I guess the main appeal to me were the sunglasses she vibed with but not only do I not find her yellow hair to red fur color appealing, but whenever shes outside shes always wearing those stupid sporty shades insead. I still like her, but definitely not a villager I'd keep, which is a shame

I had Audie as my first Peppy villager. The sporty shades and constant working out annoyed me so much I had to get rid of her!

This has happened to me a lot usually with villagers that have the normal personality. I really wanted Merengue and when I finally got her I realized she was sooo boring, I eventually replaced her but I was so conflicted because I love her design.

Marcie was my dreamie since I had her in NL but she left but for some reason I'm not bonding with her in NH. Also I liked Admiral but now I'm starting to dislike him, probably because I've been trying to kick him out for a while now but he won't leave.

Dom... 🥺

I'm so sad to say this as well, because he's adorable. But I should have known I wouldn't like him since he's a jock, and jocks annoy me to no end. I had him on my island for maybe a week, but had to get rid of him after that because it got to be too much 😂
He is adorable though. If he had a different personality, I probably would like him a lot more.

I really wanted Pashmina, Audie and Merengue.

I've had Audie and didn't even keep her for a week before I moved her on.

I've got Pashmina and Merengue now, and they're both just meh, so once I've got Merengue's photo she'll be going as well.

I scanned Pekoe on acnl because I thought she was cuteeee. But for whatever reason didn't vibe with her!! I didn't scanned anyone else after that and she is still there 💀💀

Sprocket. I encountered him on a friend's town in NL and thought he was really cool, like robot ostrich come on man... Had him on my NH island for a while and he's definitely more... bland and boring now.

I thought that I would definitely have Roscoe in my island since I had him in my NL town. Nevertheless, he doesn't have the same vibe now since his NH furniture is so bland compared to his NL furniture. Also, I have Static in my town and his furniture looks almost the same :(

Definitely Audie. I loved the theory that she was named after the grandma that played animal crossing, and her design looked very unique for a wolf villager, so she became my first dreamie. However, after getting her early and having lots of other wolfs on my island, I just really stopped liking her whole aesthetic anymore. Now I kinda just want to replace her with Freya instead, because she looks way better to me now in my opinion, and is also a snooty villager (which is my second favourite personality type).

judy. i had to get a snooty tho i dislike that personality type, and got her bc of her color scheme but i’ve soon got bored of her. plus she was mean to few of my villagers so.

When I played “New Leaf,” I bought during the course of seven years just over ten retail copies. Part of it was to experience more villagers.

With “New Horizons” being different, I am considering maintaining three or four regulars and make the rest occasional. Like seasonal. One person mentioned Sprinkle. I was thinking maybe I should get her, and others who are also well-suited, for the winter season. A rotating supporting cast of islanders.

Sprinkle. I love her design and everything but I've had her a week now and it's just not working. Not sure why, I usually love penguins in AC.

I had Audie as my first Peppy villager. The sporty shades and constant working out annoyed me so much I had to get rid of her!

This is why I have decided to not have any villagers with the fitness hobby (I had the same problem, but with Agent S - which is even more stupid because glasses are part of her design).

It is sad though, to be turned off villagers because of things like this :( Usually, I really like them doing their hobbies.

Not really a dreamie, but Cranston. When I first got ACNH he was the first lazy to move into my town. I really liked him and how he looked, and I have a soft spot for the lazy personality. However, after a couple weeks I started to get annoyed with him and his catchphrase "sweatband" to where I eventually moved him out. He got replaced by Filbert, who is a dreamie for now. :)

Back