• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Any introverts here?

mmhmm
I like being with friends and doing group projects and public speaking and all, but too much at once can be draining. I need at least a couple hours of alone time every day or I get exhausted haha

I think most people will fall on a spectrum as having traits from both extroversion and introversion depending on the situation. I fall mostly in the middle depending on situation and mood. I love partying and going out but I also love my quiet nights at home watching netflix. :) I like meeting new people but I find small talk really exhausting. Sometimes I like people but sometimes I hate people lmao etc. etc.

I guess I'm more of an ambivert because I hate being alone? But as long as it isn't for too long and as long as it's like one or two people at most. Being with people is exhausting as hell.
Otherwise though, I have no friends lol and it gets reaaaallllll lonely. :/

I'm introverted and shy but those two are not synonymous to one another. You can be the life of the party at a given time and dedicate the following days as private time as a form of re-energizing. That's still by definition introversion.

I'm introverted by choice and am not shy, I just really, really, really hate being around lots of people and being in crowded places. Find it very annoying and bothersome.

I'm very comfortable communicating with people and being around them, however I would say I'm an introvert because I NEED my alone time to recharge.
I can go out and socialize all day, but I have to make sure I set a few hours at the end of the day to myself. I get exhausted after a while.

I think games like Animal Crossing tend to attract introverts haha. I'm extremely introverted, meaning I need my alone time to "recharge" but I do have friends. I prefer to stay home to going out but I'm not against hanging out with friends, just not all the time. I think going out once a week is a good pace for me but it's hard to divide your time evenly then. Personally, I would rather be by myself than hang out with people I'm not really friends with like at parties or huge group activities. I think people have this image of me as being snobby or standoffish when I just need my alone time and if I do go out, I'd rather go with people I know I will have a good time with.

Last edited:
I am an introvert. I prefer not having a lot of friends. Life is bad because I have to go to school. I really wish I was homeschooled.

Last edited:
I'm quite introverted, I'm trying to work harder at accepting myself for who I am, for a while I was really mad at myself for not being good at making friends because of how tiring I find social situations, now I'm trying to just appreciate who I am.

Ow, i'm also introverted here, INTJ to be exact (3 out of 6 MBTI tests said so lol). I'm socially awkward and overthinker. My house, laptop, and smartphone are my ultimate weapons lol

I'm very introverted. Social situations make me physically and emotionally exhausted, no matter what they are. This makes it hard for me to make friends, because I know I won't be able to spend time with them as much as I'd like. All of my friends are online ones, mostly on here. Not that I'm complaining, I'd just like to have a couple real-life friends as well.

im a very quiet and reserved person but i love interacting with people. it tires me out but it makes me feel a lot better and i find it easier to relax after. what i dont like is using things like snapchat which exhausts me a lot but im kind of pressured to do so. id rather be in my own bubble with that sort of thing.

I'm very introverted. Social situations make me physically and emotionally exhausted, no matter what they are. This makes it hard for me to make friends, because I know I won't be able to spend time with them as much as I'd like. All of my friends are online ones, mostly on here. Not that I'm complaining, I'd just like to have a couple real-life friends as well.

Basically me, and most people can't really handle me good cause I can be pretty uh impulsive and have some odd tastes and humor. Doesn't help more with having Asperger and being even more introvert with that.

i'm definitely more introverted than extroverted, but i get sad if i don't hang out with anyone for a week or two so i try to make plans with friends when i feel it coming LOL.
being in social situations definitely drain my energy though and i'm pretty sure i have social anxiety

Ambivert here, but no one ever wants to hangout with me and I never really have the time to do so anyway, so I guess I’m an introvert.

Introvert through and through. I’m also shy and anxious so really is the triple threat. Suffice to say I was the quiet one in high school. I am reserved, hate initiating conversations and feel uncomfortable in new social situations. Good times

- - - Post Merge - - -

Completely relate, while I have lots of friends irl, I still find it very hard to make new friends. I’ve just been very lucky. Making new friends can be so hard and super awkward when you don’t like initiating conversation like myself

Ya got me, guilty as charged...

I feel embarrassed about it a lot in public; I know that's silly, but I can't help it. It's gotten worse as I've gotten older (although, that isn't helped by how people have treated me over the years...). When I'm comfortable, I can be very chatty and energetic, but most of the time I'm just stuck standing awkwardly off to the side. Interacting in public is really hard for me, and I'm extremely embarrassed by it, and social scenes are a no-go...

I don't really feel lonely unless it gets too quiet. If it wasn't for my family, I'd probably be a lot worse than I am now. The friends I do still have, I hardly ever talk to-- I'm really, really bad at communicating, but thankfully they don't seem to mind...of course, I'd never had a phone until recently, so there's that.

In conclusion, yeah, I'm real piece of jumbled up work... I'm a Picasso. ': D
It's not so much the introversion I want to change so much as it my rampaging anxiety-- that's what's really causing the problem. But I'm not any closer to fixing that, either... :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have to say, I'm grateful to know so many people understand what we go through, but I also feel bad that they all know how it feels. .. ': D

Back