• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Any good MMORPGs?

Sholee

everything must go~
Bells
Red Candy
Orange Candy
Yellow Candy
Green Candy
Blue Candy
う
ぶ
つ
の
森
Are there any good MMORPGs out there? or maybe still in beta phase that i can check out?

I played Aion and Tera a lot before it became FTP. The graphics in Tera were amazing~ I loved that there were cute races like the Elins and Popurri. I enjoy PvP but I actually enjoy questing and killing bosses and doing dungeon runs more. I like grinding so if it's grinding intensive, that's okay with me. Please let me know if there are any new games out there that are worth trying, I'm fine with FTP or PTP.

:D

Maple Story is really fun! I haven't played in years because I switched from a Windows laptop to a Mac laptop, but it's something you can grind on and play by yourself.

I personally really adore Mabinogi, but it doesn't have the most beautiful graphics in the world. There aren't too many people who try the game and dislike it. I have so much nostalgia for it. Great stories, fantastic areas, challenging fights, friendly players, and a lot of customization. I'd take a look at it. :)

EDIT: If you like grinding, this game is for you. There's several dungeons and boss battles, it's insane. You'll never be bored of this game. If you pay, you can buy pets and other helpful services too.

Last edited:
The only MMO that comes to mind are Toontown & Digimon Masters Online.

Both of them are fine games.

Maple Story is really fun! I haven't played in years because I switched from a Windows laptop to a Mac laptop, but it's something you can grind on and play by yourself.

Have to agree, Maplestory was really fun. New classes, skill trees, wow. So much customization too! Bosses, monsters, the play style! I can't even explain the game in words. Hope one day I'll be able to play it again. ^^;

Archeage is quite interesting atm but I quit the publisher messed it up. When people reccomend you this game, you can try it but be caution it's a grind and cash shop filled pay to win bull****.

If you want a good solid mmo with no bullcrap Guild Wars 2 is quite nice. You buy to play it, but you keep the game and no monthly fees. I havn't played for months but I can just login andh ave my gear and stuff and not be undergeared etc.

Though as the name implies the fun you make is more fun you create with friends and such. With friends I mean guilds etc. I commanded big world bosses and sometimes in world vs world whihc is an always ongoing siege map.Where you play versus other servers.

Last edited:

I liked Maple Story. It was a pretty cute game, but it always seemed like it revolved a bit too much around the cash shop in certain aspects.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I prefer subscription based 'pay to play' MMO's. In my opinion, you get what you pay for and with the exception of pre-order bonuses and 'special event' sort of items, it's nice knowing that you have access to all the games content and nothing is locked behind a 'pay wall'. Along with usually better maintained, more regular and (in my opinion) better updates.
Especially the fact that usually, an MMO will take up most of your gaming time. When I was still playing MMO's I was paying around ?15 a month (which is pretty much a universal average across games) and would usually only play that MMO, which is cheaper than the ?40-?50 per game of which I usually buy 2 or 3 a month.

I played WoW. It's still popular for a reason. As a former veteran player of it, I could see in many ways how the game wasn't as good as it used to be but this was mostly the 1-level cap content which was stupidly easy. You could 1 shot enemies up to about level 60 in most cases and could hit the level cap in around 2days if you knew what you were doing.
It's still my favorite MMO for PvP though (though I only played a bit of Pandaria and non of the new one).

Final Fantasy A Realm Reborn was REALLY fun. It had a lot to do and it felt really good to play. Everything felt just right with that game with the bonus of being you could easily sit on a couch with a controller and still play as well as people with a mouse and keyboard. I thought it was a fantastic MMO.
This was the last MMO I played though and quit MMO's not long after I hit level cap, so I'm not the best guy to say how the endgame was for this.

Archeage is quite interesting atm but I quit the publisher messed it up. When people reccomend you this game, you can try it but be caution it's a grind and cash shop filled pay to win bull****.

If you want a good solid mmo with no bullcrap Guild Wars 2 is quite nice. You buy to play it, but you keep the game and no monthly fees. I havn't played for months but I can just login andh ave my gear and stuff and not be undergeared etc.

Though as the name implies the fun you make is more fun you create with friends and such. With friends I mean guilds etc. I commanded big world bosses and sometimes in world vs world whihc is an always ongoing siege map.Where you play versus other servers.

I agree, I played the alpha in Archeage and Trion ruined the game. I don't agree that it's a grind though, you could easily get to level 50 within a week or two from casually playing and crafting.

Last edited:
MAPLE STORY

If you're OK with spending hundreds of dollars on being part of the cool kids that play the game 24/7.

Back