• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Annoying TV shows or movies you just can't stand?

theres this show called "lucifer" that my mum was watching and OMG its awful. basically just sexy satan with quick wit and intellect and makes snarky and funnay xD remarks all the time like so stupid
Post automatically merged:

next thing you know the "cash me outside" girl is going to have her own TV show.
6E6A47B0-3DE0-4B33-97F3-56A94E89BB0A.jpeg

re:zero
yuri on ice
love live
uncle grandpa
adventure time
steven universe
all disney sitcoms
all of nick's cartoons nowadays

looking back on this now none of them really bother me that much (some i dont even dislike) except for maybe uncle grandpa and yuri on ice lol.

a show i want to avoid forever is 13 reasons why. i remember a few years ago when it was the Hot new thing around my school councillor was talking about the plot to me in detail (wasnt the smartest thing to do) and it made me so upset and uncomfortable, chances are it would mess with my trauma and mental health if i actually sat down and watched it. would also avoid people who genuinely think its a good show like the plague, its that bad to me

looking back on this now none of them really bother me that much (some i dont even dislike) except for maybe uncle grandpa and yuri on ice lol.

a show i want to avoid forever is 13 reasons why. i remember a few years ago when it was the Hot new thing around my school councillor was talking about the plot to me in detail (wasnt the smartest thing to do) and it made me so upset and uncomfortable, chances are it would mess with my trauma and mental health if i actually sat down and watched it. would also avoid people who genuinely think its a good show like the plague, its that bad to me
i actually came into this thread to write 13 reasons why. i haven't watched it myself because i know it would make me actually want to kms so i'm like Nah, but from what i have seen and heard it really isn't such a woke and good show as some people paint it up to be. showing a graphic suicide scene in a show geared towards impressionable teenagers is honestly never a good idea. it also is sort of problematic that the main character's suicide is, in some ways, shown to be a type of revenge. real life suicides may sometimes be the result of actions made by other people, but it is not often a "ha! i'm going to get them really good by killing myself >:')"-thing.

i've... never liked Friends.
other than that, the new MLP show is absolute garbage and i want it to die

riverdale definitely, friends (all my friends like it but i could never get into it, and it got removed off netflix before i even got a chance to try it), rick & morty(?) its a 50/50 w me sometimes i can watch it but other times its just bleh

Literally all of the reality TV shows like Pitbulls and Parolees and Alaskan Bush People that clog up Animal Planet and Discovery Channel these days. I miss when they would play cool science and nature documentaries. I hate the contrived 'soap operas but with real people and each episode is totally unscripted, their lives just totally follow a TV show cadence perfectly' drama of reality TV shows. Considering the brain rot has extended to pretty much every channel, I'm in the extreme minority though :(

Movies with Melissa McCarthy and Adam Sandler as characters make me cringe 🤷🏻‍♀️

gonna get hate for this one, but i don't find the office funny. it has some funny scenes, sure. but as a show overall, it really just doesn't appeal to me. and before all the office stans come for me, yes, i have watched every single episode.

Any of the "Real Housewives of ___" series. Specifically Cheshire for me.
The way they speak is so obnoxious; it's not even their accents or anything like that, it's just that they exaggerate everything and it all sounds so fake. It's like listening to audio in a language exam where the people speaking make up a conversation that would never actually happen.
Thanks, I hate it.

riverdale definitely, friends (all my friends like it but i could never get into it, and it got removed off netflix before i even got a chance to try it), rick & morty(?) its a 50/50 w me sometimes i can watch it but other times its just bleh
without riverdale we wouldn't have the i'm weird gem, though... the world would be better off in some ways, but we would suffer in other ways
a Quirky character called jughead said "In case you haven’t noticed, I'm weird. I’m a weirdo. I don't fit in. And I don't want to fit in. Have you ever seen me without this stupid hat on? That's weird."

Steven Universe and Stranger Things. Idk, people ruined it for me. And they get mad offended when I say I don't like their shows :v I don't get it
honestly, i kinda agree. the fandom is real feral sometimes, and this is coming from a person who's been in the fandom ever since the first season aired.

I genuinely cannot even be in the room if there's a hospital/medical show on TV. It doesn't matter if it's aa real life ER show or a scripted show like The Good Doctor or House. It's a hard freaking pass for me. Not happening.

I also can't do 13 Reasons Why. The vast array of triggers in that show is mind-blowing. I watched a few episodes of the first season and it wasn't a healthy thing for me to watch at all.

When I watch TV or Youtube or whatever, I don't like to feel any emotions. Not sure if that's weird or not. But I live with severe depression and anxiety, and I have way too much empathy, even for fictional characters. I like to watch stuff that isn't mentally exhausting.

Everything on Cartoon Network is trash now that Gumball is over. I also don’t like Friends, The Office, or Community. I don’t get the hype.

The simpsons and family guy... I’m sorry but growing up watching anime I just could not stand the character designs

Riverdale, because the plot absolutely makes no sense.

Grey’s anatomy, please, this show has been running way too long the story is no longer enjoyable to watch. They broke all the ships, and Pretty much all the original casts besides Meredith are gone.

i literally can not stand riverdale; the first season was alright but it went completely downhill after that and i’m convinced that the writers are a bunch of trolls because there’s no way that they’re not joking with half of what happens in that show lmao.

the kissing booth was also a disaster, too; it was basically just an hour and 50 minutes of joey king taking off her shirt and yelling at people which,, okay same but i still couldn’t sit through it. 💀

Back