• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Animals that're usually nice, but..

UnderWish

Bells
Lobo
Jack
Green Candy
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Mint
Purple Candy
Blue Candy
So, I've had quite a few towns in my time playing Animal Crossing..And I hear great things about a lot of villagers-
Willow, Chrissy, Bunnie, and Fauna to name a few.
I've had these villagers and all of them have been rude and unpleasant to me, even when I sent them letters, spoke to them daily, and made them feel welcome in the town, then I got them later in another town and they were fine?? I treated the same exact way but they weren't rude at all! I was dumbfounded! Chrissy would be replacing Bella as my favorite Peppy villager now if I didn't absolutely hate her design.
Willow sent me multiple rude letters, claiming I was pitying her and that I didn't want her in the town.
I wish I'd kept the letter.
Fauna just didn't seem interested in being my friend, I talked to her over and over again and then eventually I rarely saw her in the town when she decided she'd hide out on main street and in the shops, avoiding me, before moving.
Chrissy, the first time I had her, was extremely rude to me as well. I can't remember what exactly she said, but she just rubbed me the wrong way.
and Bunnie was similar to Fauna- and she was only in my town for a few days!

Has anyone else had experiences like these? I:

That's really weird. I'd expect it from the Gamecube game, but not NL. :s

So Wart Jr moves into my town, and i think he will fit in perfectly with the very nice nature of the villagers in my town, but no every time i spoke to him he was rude to me and i was treating him just like my other villagers and was sending him regular letters and a week after he moved in he wanted to leave!

I had this experience with Graham. I love his design and was happy to have him move into my town initially! He wasn't exactly mean to me, though, but he was a huge creep. The way they generated his dialogue made him seem like a dudebro desperate to get out of the friendzone with me- which is funny, because I love so many smugs and never got that impression from them. Got him away as soon as he pinged me to go.

In Wild World, I had Melba for over a year; she was really nice and I loved her. Then I got her on City Folk as a starting villager and she rubbed me the wrong way quite a bit and actually got pretty rude towards me at times, and so that kind of ruined her for me. :(

I haven't had a rude villager in new leaf. I remember the snooty villagers would be kind of rude in the gamecube version, I remember Portia being kind of rude a couple times. But in new leaf everyone is friendly, even the snooty ones. I actually kind of miss them being mean haha.

[...] But in new leaf everyone is friendly, even the snooty ones. I actually kind of miss them being mean haha.

I can’t agree more. Honestly, this thread confuses me so much, haha. I would kind of understand if someone said they did not like a specific personality type (like snooty) based on personal preference, but singling out individual characters based on perceived rudeness seems weird to me - because they all have the exact same dialogue options within their personality group. Getting a bunch of standoffish remarks from a villager, any villager, or having them linger in the city or whatever, is pure chance.

Last edited:
Back