• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Animal Crossing Switch. Town Size.

Maybe City Folks map size or more. As long as more building and landscaping options are added, then make it as big as the GCN.

I always felt trapped in New Leaf. I feel like there was such little space that not all of my ideas could make it in the map. Like, I'd like to have a scenic hike from my in town campsite, but there's no where to put!

I'd like an adaptive map: at first, the map is small - like the size of Wild World. But as time goes on, you gain the ability to expand its size in any direction! The max size could be 8-by-8 acre, or even larger than that. I'd love a large map! :)

I'd like an adaptive map: at first, the map is small - like the size of Wild World. But as time goes on, you gain the ability to expand its size in any direction! The max size could be 8-by-8 acre, or even larger than that. I'd love a large map! :)

That would be really cool! Maybe Resetti and Don could be in charge of expansion and construction. They could have a larger role than just yelling about resetting haha.

I hope it's the biggest map yet, I want them to use the Switches capabilities. I want to have more PWPs and I felt like I couldn't put that many in NL. I'd like to have little areas with different themed PWPs. Like a little zen garden area but also have some fairy tale stuff over here. In NL it felt like you had to have your whole town as one single theme.
I'm thinking BOTW scale. Ok not really, that'd be insane. But I definitely want the biggest map ever!

That would be really cool! Maybe Resetti and Don could be in charge of expansion and construction. They could have a larger role than just yelling about resetting haha.

I hope it's the biggest map yet, I want them to use the Switches capabilities. I want to have more PWPs and I felt like I couldn't put that many in NL. I'd like to have little areas with different themed PWPs. Like a little zen garden area but also have some fairy tale stuff over here. In NL it felt like you had to have your whole town as one single theme.
I'm thinking BOTW scale. Ok not really, that'd be insane. But I definitely want the biggest map ever!

I thought of the adaptive map because it would let players choose how large they want their towns to be. So if people wanted a small map, they could keep it small. It would also be neat to make a slender or narrow town, too: Like 4x10, or 10x4 acre layouts. I don't know what the expansion limit should be, though... Although not even having one could also be an option! xD

Based off the graphic, I'd love to see a 6x6 or even possibly 7x7-sized map, although of course it'd have to come with plenty of new PWPs, more pattern storage space, and possibly a slightly increased villager cap (12-15ish, depending on the size) to help fill it up. :p

I really would not like a vast open world like BoTW for Animal Crossing. Personally, the charm of AC is taking a small little village and making it a home, making it something uniquely yours, something welcoming and comforting. Even if you had a 'home base' type village that was as customisable as New Leaf's, I think it would be kind of impossible to make it feel as cozy and intimate as your personal village in the games so far do. I love love love open world RPGs, but I don't think it'd be a benefit, in this case.

I do love the idea of starting small and getting to expand though! :O It would require a lot of constant rebuilding though, and I like living on the border of town, usually.

I thought of the adaptive map because it would let players choose how large they want their towns to be. So if people wanted a small map, they could keep it small. It would also be neat to make a slender or narrow town, too: Like 4x10, or 10x4 acre layouts. I don't know what the expansion limit should be, though... Although not even having one could also be an option! xD

Yeah that would be awesome. It could function kind of like a PWP where you have to gather so much funds to get it going, and once it's underway you would see Resetti out there digging, kind of how in PC you see the big construction tent for amenities.
The customization aspect is a super neat idea. I love seeing the different layouts of towns, so being able to choose which direction it spreads out would be so cool! And like you said, people could keep it small if they like or expand expand expand.

ACGC size or perhaps even bigger would be great.

Definitely would majorly help with placing PWPs more easily while not having to reset a ton of times for a decent map for them.

If the villager limit stays at 10 I'd honestly not have much of a problem with it.

Last edited:
i love the thought a bigger map but then again i'd be fine with the new leaf sized map as long as theres different natural occurrences like hills or ditches. heck even caves. wouldn't that be cool lol

i love the thought a bigger map but then again i'd be fine with the new leaf sized map as long as theres different natural occurrences like hills or ditches. heck even caves. wouldn't that be cool lol

That'd be awesome haha! I'd be neat if they were able to somehow add a bit more diversity to each map. But imo I felt like the ACNL map got a bit crowded, and I only used one sae file, so I'm hoping they increase the map size this time around

I would love to be able to build paths from one town to another with permisson from both players. Or maybe you could have different parts of a town from different people? For example, my town in GC is called Derry, but what if there was a bridge at the end of it that lead to a new area that was the same size but still part of Derry. Like a North Disctrict and a South District.

Omg that would be so cool to link a town with another player and visit it without going online. I don't think it would happen but the idea is neat.

Not too much bigger as I work and the New Leaf daily routine takes a while, and I do that when I get home.

It doesn't leave much time.

I'd love a bigger town.

Especially with cliffs like city folk.

Since it's the switch, I'm expecting this to be the biggest town out of all the games. It leaves more room to decorate the town and have fun with landscaping.

I'd like to see a town the size of the Gamecube Town BUT I'd also like it to be designed like the New Leaf town is (in terms of the beach and room to swim in the ocean) but segmented into acres like the Gamecube town. That'd be an awesome fusion of old meets new.

I would love an adaptive town. Either that or a 6 X 6 map.

id like a town thats a bit bigger than the gamecube one myself, possibly a little bigger depending on what natural features they add liek cliffs and the like

New Leaf always felt super small to me but I still regularly play my gamecube town so maybe that's why.

5x5 would be fine. I don't hope they make the towns too big because I like the cosyness of the town. It would be great if you could buy extra land in time for a couple million bells. So let's say you would start with 5x5 and you can expand to 5x6 and maybe bigger.

Back