• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Animal Crossing for the Nintendo Switch?

WAIT does that mean that certain holidays possibly won't be in the game?

We don't know, but after the backlash they received when they removed the holidays from Wild World, I doubt they'll do that again. Especially considering they have been in every game since then.

Also what they were trying to say is that regional DLC - stuff that Nintendo sends directly to us via Pete - wouldn't exactly be regional due to being able to have multiple accounts spanning across different regions on a single Switch. They can still do location-based item giveaways like the 7-Eleven stuff since that required you to go to an actual store in order to get them.

What could potentially be a nail in the coffin for multiple region accounts is how they are going to handle town data on a single Switch. Will each profile get their own town? Or will every user be required to share a single town file? If so, how will that work when you can have several profiles on a single console.

Fans can also say goodbye to the days of owning multiple towns if the latter is the case, seeing as how Switch game save files are stored on the console itself as opposed to the game card, so having a digital copy of the game and a physical copy of the game will mean jack squat as they both share the same save file.

God I only come here once every 5 years.
ACS needs more multiplayer, New Leaf had amazing multiplayer with the island and I met so many people from all around the world thanks to that.
More items, and more public works projects.
Don't make the map too big, but make it bigger.
More shops.
And the since the switch is region-free, no DLC can be locked to a certain country. No more 7-11 sets for 50millions bells.
The last part isn't necessary true. The 7-11 set was only obtained by physically going to a Japanese 7-11 - so even if you had a Japanese game, unless you actually lived in Japan the DLC was still exclusive. Best Buy also had exclusive DLC obtained by going in-store but I think it may have had a global release as regular DLC later down the track, but the 7-11 stuff was exclusive to the store. Though the SSID trick did seem to work for the Best Buy DLC so it hypothetically could work here if it were to happen again.

We don't know, but after the backlash they received when they removed the holidays from Wild World, I doubt they'll do that again. Especially considering they have been in every game since then.

Also what they were trying to say is that regional DLC - stuff that Nintendo sends directly to us via Pete - wouldn't exactly be regional due to being able to have multiple accounts spanning across different regions on a single Switch. They can still do location-based item giveaways like the 7-Eleven stuff since that required you to go to an actual store in order to get them.

What could potentially be a nail in the coffin for multiple region accounts is how they are going to handle town data on a single Switch. Will each profile get their own town? Or will every user be required to share a single town file? If so, how will that work when you can have several profiles on a single console.

Fans can also say goodbye to the days of owning multiple towns if the latter is the case, seeing as how Switch game save files are stored on the console itself as opposed to the game card, so having a digital copy of the game and a physical copy of the game will mean jack squat as they both share the same save file.

The switch accounts work in a way that every account has its own save data for the games, so you could have up to 8 towns with just one copy, even if the game is downloaded digitally.
As for the DLC, every switch is region-free, but Nintendo can still lock DLC to the country of the account, but there is no point in locking DLC, as you can create a second account and get the item, so Nintendo might aswell give it to everybody.
And the switch doesn't have streetpass, or a Nintendo Zone type of software, so the only way DLC can be locked to a region is if you have to get a physical code from a store.

The switch accounts work in a way that every account has its own save data for the games, so you could have up to 8 towns with just one copy, even if the game is downloaded digitally.
As for the DLC, every switch is region-free, but Nintendo can still lock DLC to the country of the account, but there is no point in locking DLC, as you can create a second account and get the item, so Nintendo might aswell give it to everybody.
And the switch doesn't have streetpass, or a Nintendo Zone type of software, so the only way DLC can be locked to a region is if you have to get a physical code from a store.

Yeah, that's basically what I said. But I'm also taking into account that the Switch is heavily account based this time and Nintendo could potentially make it so that there is only one town file and that all 8(assuming you have that many) profiles can have a villager. This would keep the local social aspect, say between families or couples, going stronger than ever while at the same time allowing each player to have their own friend code and list. Accounts with foreign eShops tied to them would automatically reflect the "mayor" account, preventing any such means of obtaining locked foreign wifi DLC.

Of course this would raise the question of how they would make it so 8 different player controlled villagers could live in one town. Maybe a neighborhood screen separate of the main town perhaps? Akin to the Happy Home Showcase, but with each of the 8 houses being player houses with customizable exteriors and the like.

Last edited:
It's almost been 5 years since New Leaf has been released. Correct me if I'm wrong but this is the largest time gap between releases in the entire series. It's truly time for a new game. I honestly wouldn't care if it will be an upgraded New Leaf like City Folk was of Wild World. I just don't want to play on my 3DS now that I have a Switch. Which in my opinion is superior in every way.

Back