• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Animal Crossing E3

Honestly I'm not surprised at all that there wasn't a mention of ACNH at E3. As someone else said it's definitely cool that they at least acknowledged the games absence at E3 though. Hoping for a cool mid summer update from them that actually brings some awesome stuff to the table. :)

Doug Bowser (NoA president) gave a statement on ACNH being missing from E3:

“While we didn’t talk about it, we absolutely have plans going forward to ensure the 33 million people who have islands out there have new and fun activities to engage with. Look for more to come.”

I mean it’s good they’re taking note, but it’s nothing we haven’t heard already 🤷🏻‍♂️
That's why I said it would be insane for Nintendo to ignore the game. It's one of their best-selling games in the company's history.
I've been a Nintendo fan since 2008 (the year I got a Wii), so it's pretty easy to see in the last year or so how much the attention Animal Crossing: New Horizons has gotten is unprecedented.
Post automatically merged:

It’s disappointing that Nintendo didn’t show anything for ACNH but I don’t know why people are all doom and gloom about it as if it spells the end of support for the game. Maybe they just didn’t have anything to show yet. Besides, E3 stopped being important to Nintendo when they started doing Directs, which I think is much better since big announcements can happen at any time. While there may or may not be a big update coming, the interview with Doug Bowser and the fact that we have precedent with Welcome Amiibo coming years after the release of New Leaf still give me hope that something might be coming down the line.
As I said, I want to say it was all the way back in 2011 when Nintendo started doing Directs, which was about a decade ago now. Around E3 2012, E3s just started becoming less important for the company.
Post automatically merged:

I would think they would have to at least have a small update at the end of July. They need to update for the fireworks in August. Not sure if they would have anything more then that and some seasonal items.
Exactly this. It would make no sense, and I mean none at all, for the fireworks show to take place in 2020 and yet not return in 2021, just a year later. If somehow Nintendo didn't let it return, I know a lot of players would be angry, and probably like me, confused as well.

Back