• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Animal Crossing E3

LokiBoy

Bells
Switch
6289-4033-7515
Hey everyone,

Just curious if anyone has any expectations from E3 for Animal Crossing or if you are hopeful that there will be some updates.
If you do or don't have expectations, please share, I'm curious what other people are wanting to see come to the game.

I feel like i’ve given up all hope for updates in this game😩

Awe that's so disheartening. I only just started playing again and have heard that lots of people have been losing interest in the game because of a lack of updates and when updates do happen, apparently they are very minimal, nothing grand.

Im staying hopefully for E3, if they can give Smash a huge spotlight, they should be able to give Animal Cross a huge spotlight. Smash isn't even nearly as big as Animal Crossing is.

Worst thing you can do is set expectations, to be honest. I'm hoping they show something since I really need something new to give me the motivation to play again, but I'm definitely not expecting anything.

My expectations aren't really that big, I just expect a game that sells this well to at least get some space in the Direct. Not giving it a shout out would kinda be weird, especially since the game sold so damn well over the last year. I would really love to see some kind of new multiplayer feature though, but I don't expect it, just hopeful.

Honestly I sort of am expecting something. I just am not expecting very much. Probably just a small update trailer similar to what we got with the last Nintendo direct, if anything. Obviously I would love more but I'll also take anything I can get.

I’m trying to not hype myself because the last updates were really small and didn’t add anything to the actual gameplay. I surely hope we will get something big: obviously I’m a Brewster fan, so I would like to see him return, but I don’t think a summer update fits for him. I hope we will get some new gameplay, stuff that we can do daily, like little events where the villagers can partecipate too.

My guess is that if they do have an E3 reveal, we are going to see a large update, but Nintendo is going to try and cash in on the large player base and that means it will be Paid DLC.

Last edited:
I think we will see something there.

There is all the datamined stuff such as the museum, which is backed up in the live game by the fact the museum is currently broken when it comes to villagers.

There is the fact we are due an update very soon as the current one is about to run out and they need to turn on more events for the year.

And even if they don't have anything for the immediate future, e3 is such a big thing in gaming, they would be passing up on great advertising for the game.

I think if they dont have anything to show at e3, then that means updates for the game are pretty much over, or that they won't do one for a long time.

So im pretty confident we will see something, but I'm not attaching any hopes or expectations to it.

Just gonna point out that update ver1.10 was internally labeled as "Summer 2021 Part 1", indicating that the next update is basically Summer Wave 2.

Also, all holidays and events from August until the rest of the year (Summer Festival, Halloween, Turkey Day, Toy Day 2021), and all Nook Shopping Seasonal items for July 2021 onwards are currently unavailable. Meaning, an update is necessary soon.

Also, the current content is already becoming a little stale. The game needs to add something NEW.

Hey everyone,

Just curious if anyone has any expectations from E3 for Animal Crossing or if you are hopeful that there will be some updates.
If you do or don't have expectations, please share, I'm curious what other people are wanting to see come to the game.

I'm confident something will be announced. I would be shocked if New Horizons isn't even mentioned, especially since future updates are guaranteed considering most of the game's events don't even exist in the current 1.10 version of the game.

That said, there's no way to predict the scope of what they'll announce. It could be the fabled 2.0 update that completely revitalizes the game and brings everyone back. It could just announce fireworks and some new hats.

BUT, there are some things hanging around in the code (and being actively tinkered with be the devs) suggesting a museum expansion, farming, ceiling furniture, camera expansions, and cell phone cases for missing characters like Brewster and Kapp'n. Also, a recent patch fixed an obscure "bug" where players could put fences down on their dock if a custom path was placed (are the devs trying to clear that space to reserve for someone with a boat?). If something big is on the horizon, E3 would be the place to reveal it.

I'd love a big update that adds substantial new content, but I'm going to keep my expectations low and just hope for maybe an overview of the fireworks update for August. That way, I can either avoid disappointment or be pleasantly surprised. 😅

I'm confident something will be announced. I would be shocked if New Horizons isn't even mentioned, especially since future updates are guaranteed considering most of the game's events don't even exist in the current 1.10 version of the game.

That said, there's no way to predict the scope of what they'll announce. It could be the fabled 2.0 update that completely revitalizes the game and brings everyone back. It could just announce fireworks and some new hats.

BUT, there are some things hanging around in the code (and being actively tinkered with be the devs) suggesting a museum expansion, farming, ceiling furniture, camera expansions, and cell phone cases for missing characters like Brewster and Kapp'n. Also, a recent patch fixed an obscure "bug" where players could put fences down on their dock if a custom path was placed (are the devs trying to clear that space to reserve for someone with a boat?). If something big is on the horizon, E3 would be the place to reveal it.

What do you mean by camera expansions? Like the camera in the game where you can take pictures of your character? Or do you mean like we can zoom out?

On one hand I'd say don't get your hopes up. On the other hand, I would say that people like to hold New Leaf over NH as better but seem to forget that NL got its best update 4 years after it initially launched. On the third hand(lol I have 3 hands) NH is the second most sold Switch game so Nintendo is likely keeping a very close but silent eye on customer feedback.
So I guess just wait and see but don't get your hopes up, or you'll be setting yourself up for disappointment.

I’m expecting an update at the end of this month/the start of next month (despite the Nook Shopping items added in the last update), so given how the last Nintendo Direct we got the Mario items announced, it seems pretty likely that the next update is going to be announced at E3.

However, I’m not expecting anything specific. There’s a load of stuff we know’s going to be happening at some point, going by what’s turned up in the past couple of update datamines... but given my disappointment with the Mario update and the most recent one, it’s best that I go in with reasonable expectations.

But on the other hand IT’S E3, NEW SERIES OF AMIIBO, MAYBE SAMUSHUNTER WAS RIGHT AND KAPP’N’S TURNING UP THIS SUMMER, GO CRAZY

...see you back in a week, then.

P.S. that new Warioware that survey was asking about’d be pretty sweet too

Awe that's so disheartening. I only just started playing again and have heard that lots of people have been losing interest in the game because of a lack of updates and when updates do happen, apparently they are very minimal, nothing grand.

Im staying hopefully for E3, if they can give Smash a huge spotlight, they should be able to give Animal Cross a huge spotlight. Smash isn't even nearly as big as Animal Crossing is.

I wouldn’t say i’m losing interest per say just not confident in Nintendo with this game at this point. I still play pretty regularly and enjoy what i do play, but we paid $60 for an incomplete game after a delay and it hasn’t gotten any better. I do love the events so far, so it’s definitely better in that regard. there’s a lot of things missing though. So i don’t know 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m hopeful it gets better but it’s hard to watch as someone who has been playing since it was on the GC. We’ll see though! I could be totally wrong

i'm trying my best not to expect too much with this, because in the past we've gotten overly excited and then been more disappointed than we probably would've been ordinarily. at the same time i'm holding out a little bit of hope that as it's such a big event, we'll surely get at least a little something, plus it's the summer and the game has been out for just over a year - surely it's the ideal time to announce some of the things we've been speculating about?

I am expecting some sort of an announcement of something AC-related at E3. I think it would be wild if they didn't say something or tease something, even if it's just new amiibos of the characters they added in NH or something. So I'm expecting some sort of new products like new amiibos or an update or something.

That said, I'm trying to meter my personal expectations of what that announcement actually is. To be honest, I am assuming the update will not be massive like everyone is hoping. We've all gotten our expectations up before and been disappointed. So I am preparing to be disappointed but hoping to be pleasantly surprised. I don't want to get my hopes up this time. If there's a massive update then great. If not, I'm not going to get upset about it.

Back