Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
ど
う
ぶ
森
3 Envelopes
Gold Super Mailbox
I've seen a couple of towns now that have bridges that are at an angle, not vertical or horizontal. How does that happen? Can you get Isabelle to let you do it or is it a thing that only might happen upon resets?

I haven't tried this yet, but I think it's possible. Probably just have to stand in the right spot for the bridge to be placed that way. The only way to know for sure is by trying it out for yourself. Even if you don't place the bridge there or want to have a bridge, you can always cancel the project. At least by trying, you'll know. :)
If only buildings could be placed at an angle like in the original GameCube version. That was cool.

I haven't tried this yet, but I think it's possible. Probably just have to stand in the right spot for the bridge to be placed that way. The only way to know for sure is by trying it out for yourself. Even if you don't place the bridge there or want to have a bridge, you can always cancel the project. At least by trying, you'll know. :)
If only buildings could be placed at an angle like in the original GameCube version. That was cool.

I agree, that would be cool. Its sorta lame that all the buildings face the same way.. lol I've already got three bridges in my town I'd rather not tear down, I'll test it in my girlfriends town, she still only has twol. :)

I don't like angled bridges because it makes the path look weird.

I just want to know how its done. Personally, I like the way it looks. I also don't use paths anymore as it limits trade space, flower growth and weed growth. I want to get that gold weed badge before I'm 90.
At every bend and angle I try, Isabelle either switches to horizontal or vertical or says "The width of the river here is different than the shape of the bridge. I think that would make it difficult to built across right here..." I can't seem to figure it out.

I built a bridge at it turned out to be angled. I built it were the river bent/turned.

well angled bridges can only go where the river curves, some layouts cannot have them if the river curves only once and the big pond is located at that curve

My town started with one because the river is so awkward. I'll post a picture if I can find one ^o^

2elcklc.jpg

Sorry about that huge size xD

Last edited:
I have one, I think it was because where I asked her the river started to curve anyway xD But I dunno how I got it really, tbh it's a bit weird xD

well angled bridges can only go where the river curves, some layouts cannot have them if the river curves only once and the big pond is located at that curve

My personal town has five curving spaces, with the big lake in the farthest left bend. The other four seem to be roughly the same size as across the river in a straight space. I just don't want to take a bridge out and be unable to put it back. But I'm curious about the neat looking ones that go across at an angle. I hadn't even seen that before the thread where you post your town setup. :)

My personal town has five curving spaces, with the big lake in the farthest left bend. The other four seem to be roughly the same size as across the river in a straight space. I just don't want to take a bridge out and be unable to put it back. But I'm curious about the neat looking ones that go across at an angle. I hadn't even seen that before the thread where you post your town setup. :)

so do you have 3 bridges already? if you do want to have an angled one i believe you can with the layout you describe, but of course if you already have 3 you have to get rid of 1. the picture i posted on the town map thread was actually when i first started, i just took the angled bridge off to replace it because of the plan i have for my town.

On the smaller side or the larger side? I couldn't get either to work.

I also had an angled bridge at a point where the river bent.. I circled the spot on the map. Maybe your river is just too wide at that part for an angled bridge?

map w bridge.jpg

Also, I didn't start with an angled bridge, but made it as a PWP. I changed it to a straight bridge because I put paths down.

Last edited:
Yeah, you just have to stand right where the "corner" of a river is. I have an angled bridge and built it to be that way. I do have paths there and it looks good in my town IMO. It probably depends on the particular kinds of paths you use though.

Isabelle wouldn't let me build one but I built one in my old town. She makes no sense.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Isabelle wouldn't let me build one but I built one in my old town. She makes no sense.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I hear that. I haven't tried in my own town, though I did in my girlfriend's earlier to try to screenshot it. No matter where I stood or how I angled it on any of her four *should work* bends, Isabelle had a complaint. Oh well. lol That'll just have to be one of those things I enjoy about other people's towns.

I had the same problem in my second town, no matter where I stood Isabelle had something to say lol. So I just gave up and built a straight one.

Only certain bridges can be angled, from what I've read. The cobblestone, for sure. I have an angled cobblestone bridge. I just stood at the bend of the river and she placed it like a normal bridge, only it was angled because it's in a curve :)

Back