• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Amiibo Support?

Charlise

animal crosser
Bells
Mint
Tasty Cake
Yellow Cosmos
I have been so hyped for this new update, because I have literally ALL my dreamies in card form, but the only question is, how will this affect the Villager buying forum? Won't this update mean that villagers will be worth less? What are your guys' thoughts on this?

The price for villagers will probably go down at least a little because it will be a lot easier to get villagers using the cards. But I think the villager forum will still stay active because there will be people who don't want to buy cards, can't afford them or can't buy them in their region.

I think the new content that most people would be interested in is new furnitures:) so in my opinion it would have greater impact on the item trading instead of villager trading. I still prefer the traditional way to get my dreamies:) because there is no guarantee that I can get the one that I am looking for from the amiibo package, it is quite gambling. Plus, many players already has the all the dreamies that they need, and there are so many way to obtain new villagers beside amiibo card. However, if they add some new villagers that are not from acnl then maybe it is a different stories:)

I plan on buyingthe cards I need for the villagers in my oldest town, because I'vebeen wanting to reset for the longest time, but losing all of my villagers has kept me from doing so.

But I also don't think the Villager Trading forum will die. Not everyone will want to buy cards for villagers. I wouldn't even want to if I hadn't already price-checked the ones I need on eBay and it only came to roughly ten dollars.

The upside is that cards will be traded a lot and bought more.
Buuuut some cards will go way more than others.
That's the downside.
We'll just see how it goes.

While it may have a small impact, I think there are a lot of people who won't want to spend real money.

I'd be happy to invest in cards and trade for tbt in addition to continuing the cycling in villager trade plaza. I don't think it's so much a price on villagers but a fun way to exchange villagers. But your time is worth something- for some tbt, others people's happiness.

Back